• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiyo

apparently amazon determines free shipping eligible after applying gift card balance, since i want to make an order that is more than $35 normally. but my remaining gift card balance brings it under $35 so no free shipping

Try ordering without using the GC and then apply the GC afterwards?

Madness

Nope. I'm in Vancouver (or shipping is Vancouver) and mine doesn't ship till the 2nd and expected arrival is December 5. 😭

They're just sitting on it. Most orders for us get filled by the warehouse in Annacis Island in Delta and then shipped to Canada Post facility in Richmond. Should honestly take them less than an hour to ship, process, deliver packages. Once I complained about Gears 4 and then started cancelling preorders, the guy created a second order for Gears 4 and gave me next day ship but just 2 hours after call at 7pm it said your game has shipped and was delivered at like 9am next morning by canada post. He said there was "some unforeseen issue" with my order from preventing it from being shipped, meaning it was probably meant to be held no matter what.

Damn dude, amazing haul. Congrats.

Wow! Yeah, you're set for easily a couple of months! I hope you like Forza Horizon 3, that series is incredibly special. But yeah, you did incredibly well with all of those!!

Holy, great haul. Enjoy the XB1, those are some great games!

Thanks, guys! I appreciate it! I'm super stoked for sure. This is probably going to be my best 1-year period ever for games (Fall 2016 through Fall 2017).
Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, Dishonored 2, Titanfall 2, Watch Dogs 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Destiny: The Collection, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Halo 5, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3, Ori and the Blind Forest, Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Mass Effect Andromeda, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, and Red Dead Redemption 2. Hopefully another big-hitter Sony exclusive makes it out in 2017 as well, such as God of War, Days Gone, or Detroit: Become Human. And then probably Assassin's Creed: Egypt in Fall 2017 too.

Wow! I don't think I'll have time for all of that :)

Leeness

They're just sitting on it. Most orders for us get filled by the warehouse in Annacis Island in Delta and then shipped to Canada Post facility in Richmond. Should honestly take them less than an hour to ship, process, deliver packages. Once I complained about Gears 4 and then started cancelling preorders, the guy created a second order for Gears 4 and gave me next day ship but just 2 hours after call at 7pm it said your game has shipped and was delivered at like 9am next morning by canada post. He said there was "some unforeseen issue" with my order from preventing it from being shipped, meaning it was probably meant to be held no matter what.

The guy I spoke to at Amazon said there was "lots of demand" so mine was going to come at a later date :(

I don't know why it's claiming it will take three days on priority shipping though lol. Especially since, yeah, it's probably just coming from Richmond.

Edit: Oh, weekend. They're saying it will ship Friday and arrive Monday.

Ventara

Hey guys, looks like I need a new 3DS charger. where's the cheapest place to get one? I see Amazon has the official one for $15, which isn't bad, but it's currently OOS and I don't know when it'll be able to ship.

Edit: Hmm, seems Walmart has it in stock online for $15.

Edit 2: Damn, can't check out. Walmart has some connection issues. Will try again later.

Edit 3: And placed the order.

Hey guys, looks like I need a new 3DS charger. where's the cheapest place to get one? I see Amazon has the official one for $15, which isn't bad, but it's currently OOS and I don't know when it'll be able to ship.

bestbuy is selling the charger but sold out online so have to go to store

for $19.99

Sora_N

My Futureshop FFXV order from 2 years ago has been cancelled. Apparently my card can't be charged. But then, I can't go on myaccount setting on FutureShop's website since it is not encrypted.

Not a big loss, game will be 29, 99 soon enough.

I'm glad I updated my card a few days ago

The guy I spoke to at Amazon said there was "lots of demand" so mine was going to come at a later date :(

I don't know why it's claiming it will take three days on priority shipping though lol. Especially since, yeah, it's probably just coming from Richmond.

Edit: Oh, weekend. They're saying it will ship Friday and arrive Monday.

I've had two orders get "stuck" the past couple of years. (one was free ship, the other was priority). Got fixed.

Nice thing is that this time of year you can get deliveries on weekends.

Fook looks like FF is gonna be stuck in Richmond all weekend which means no ff til Wednesday, god I hate canada post sometimes.

Mildly annoyed I still haven't gotten my bestbuy codes yet either

Need some cell phone advice.

I'm looking for an unlocked phone for my wife, no bigger than 5" and preferably on the cheaper side (<$300). I see Costco has a few but I'm not really sure what would be a good deal.

It should be unlocked because we might move to the US next year. Thanks.

Madness

Fuck it. I'm going to buy another Xbox One S. Are you guys sure I won't lose my campaign progress or game saves before I trade in at MS Store? I don't care about the redownloading of games or that I am making less than on craigslist just the hassle etc.

Fuck it. I'm going to buy another Xbox One S. Are you guys sure I won't lose my campaign progress or game saves before I trade in at MS Store? I don't care about the redownloading of games or that I am making less than on craigslist just the hassle etc.
make sure you connect to the net faff about for a little bit and that should make sure your saves are in the cloud

PFD

I just went on a massive shopping frenzy at reebok.ca

They're having extra 50% off on clearance items. 30 CAD shoes ftw

Qwyjibo

It was a bad time to get another Amazon Prime one-month trial. Paying for prime is never worth it for me but the damn trial this time just encouraged me to buy buy buy!

My haul over the past BF week:

- Thrustmaster T300RS racing wheel
- Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, and Rare Replay (I just bought an Xbox One S earlier this month so catching up on some of these games)
- Assorted blu-rays: Deadpool UHD, Star Trek The Animated Series, Batman: The Killing Joke, Sherlock: The Abominable Bride, Cosmos
- Criterion blu-rays from Barnes & Noble (I have them shipped to the US to someone who travels back and forth): Dekalog, Trilogia de Guillermo del Toro, Punch Drunk Love, Blood Simple

While I love and go back to my blu-ray collection often, I sometimes cringe at how much money has gone into it over the last several years.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Wow what the fuck Bioshock controls like ass.
Sigh.
I'll lower to the easiest difficulty and play it for the story and atmosphere, I guess.

trixx

I guess this is my final November haul costs split between my brother and friend:
Battlefield 1tb xbox with Advanced Warfare
rare replay
ori and the blind forest
star wars battle front
some Naruto game
extra controller and live
pokemon sun and moon
halo collection
gears of war games

I'm done till switch. Might get Forza cause sick of all the fps games on my xbox. Doubt it though. I personally just paid a share of xbox, moon, ori, rare replay, controller and live.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I guess this is my final November haul costs split between my brother and friend:
Battlefield 1tb xbox with Advanced Warfare
rare replay
ori and the blind forest
star wars battle front
some Naruto game
extra controller and live
pokemon sun and moon
halo collection
gears of war games

I'm done till switch. Might get Forza cause sick of all the fps games on my xbox. Doubt it though. I personally just paid a share of xbox, moon, ori, rare replay, controller and live.
Forza Horizon 3 is the ultimate solution if you're tired of the more serious-toned shooters.
Forza Horizon 3 is the answer to almost anything, even non-racing fans. Except maybe for those who dislike the genre to their core.
Try the demo, you'll want it.

kevin1025

Banned
Forza Horizon 3 is the ultimate solution if you're tired of the more serious-toned shooters.
Forza Horizon 3 is the answer to almost anything, even non-racing fans. Except maybe for those who dislike the genre to their core.

Quote of the day. Not much can compare to Forza Horizon 3.

Moltenix

Horizon 3 is THE best arcade racer you can get right now.

- Driving through Australia is absolutely breathtaking.
- The cars handle so well compared to alot of other racers out there.
- I love how the races are handled in this one - everything is literally play how you want. If you wanna play through the whole game with every race at night using a dune buggy for every single race, just go for it! If you wanna take a supercar into every offroad track, nothing's stopping you.

So damn good!

etta

my hard graphic balls
Quote of the day. Not much can compare to Forza Horizon 3.

Horizon 3 is THE best arcade racer you can get right now.

- Driving through Australia is absolutely breathtaking.
- The cars handle so well compared to alot of other racers out there.
- I love how the races are handled in this one - everything is literally play how you want. If you wanna play through the whole game with every race at night using a dune buggy for every single race, just go for it! If you wanna take a supercar into every offroad track, nothing's stopping you.

So damn good!
Yea, it's just one of those games that it's an absolute joy to play, like for any situation. Kids, adults, rainy day, summer, holidays, competitive, casual, mini breaks, long playthroughs, parties, pass the time, visual showcase, for immersion...etc.
It's one of those "complete" games.

LakeEarth

Got one of those cheap as shit 40 inch LEDs from Walmart, $200 plus the environmental fee. Surprised any were left. Probably built from old Nokia phone parts and held together with gum, but it should work as a bedroom TV.

Quick question, anyone know a good deal on a Roku like device? Something small that'll expand the TVs options.

LakeEarth

thanks!

looks like I'll be picking up the 2nd gen roku streaming stick.
I think so too. Chromecast looks too bulky for a mounted TV, although there is a USB version but all of BestBuy's pics are of the big kind.

EDIT - what's preferred, the Roku "streaming stick" or the "express+"? They're both the same price, and the descriptions are similar enough.

EDIT 2 - nevermind, the Express+ is just the Express for non-HDMI TVs.

MikeyMike

Was a little more conservative this time and only bought the following :

- Jackbox Party Pack 1,2 & 3
- Bioshock Collection (PS4)
- Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse (wanted something cheap for my new Macbook Pro)

Hope Dragon Quest Builders will be 40$ on Boxing Day.

Might've gotten FFXV yesterday but my credit card on Futureshop is expired so I will have to give them a call on monday. No big deal tho... have others games to finish first.

Tapejara

My Black Friday shopping was mostly Steam stuff. But I did pick up the Dawn Shadow Xbox One controller and a PlayStation Christmas sweater.

MarkusRJR

Any deals on a good USB stick?

I had a brand new month old lexar 128gb one that had it's sliding mechanism break after 5 uses. Pretty peeved and need a new one.

Firestorm

Yeah, I didn't grab much this year.

500 GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD from London Drugs for $144.99
64 GB Lexar USB 3.0 Stick from London Drugs for $17.99
Mount Your Friends from Steam for $1.99

Just gotta find a USB 3.0 PCI-E card or something so I can transfer files at a normal speed...

IceIpor

I was so close to buying an SSD this year, but decided against it until I actually upgrade my computer so that it can handle M.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom