• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windam

Scaley member
Come on Amazon...

I see that and raise you...

g0x71eo.png

I hope this is a stealth one day/same-day delivery upgrade from the two day that was offered when I initially ordered it.

leeman

Let me die

Supernatural-Dean.gif

Mine STILL says arriving Tuesday November 29, and CS said this:

"There is no need to worry, we still expect to ship your order by November 25, 2016.

Once your order ships out we will send you a confirmation email along with the charge, carrier and the tracking details.

I can assure you that you will receive the confirmation by November 26, 2016."

I call bullshit, I can't see this shipping tonight...

big_z

Getting Final Fantasy XV for 36 Dollars feels soooo good.

Where? I have two future shop copies which are $39 after taxes

I see you there Amazon, don't think I don't.

iseeyouxfr56.jpg

The reason your ffxv ship date changed is because you have last guardian ordered. Since the games release within a two week window Amazon will hold back the earlier game to ship them together and save money even if you selected to ship them separate.

Even if you contact customer support they will do nothing but tell you everything is fine and be happy.

Learnt this the hard way with gears4 and bf1... by the time I got gears it was 3 weeks after release. when I talked to a supervisor he confirmed gears was in stock and if wanted could place a new order on its own to get it earlier... of course at full price instead of the $34 I had preordered over a year earlier.

Never buy day 1 games from Amazon

8 > 7 > 9

all three are worth playing at least once.

Probably the wrong thread to push this question but alas.

Why do you like 8 so much? I played it at release and not since. I remember the card game being dull comparatively to FF9 and the leveling being weird but very little else at this point. The fact that I forget the entire plot of the game but remember 7 and 9 beat by beat must mean something too. Just curious what makes it best to you. Don't have the time in life to replay many old RPGs so am stuck with my initial impression from 15 years ago.

kevin1025

Banned
My Black Friday is complete! I ended up with:

Gears of War 4 (traded in my Xbox One physical copy and snagged it and Recore on the cheap from the US Microsoft Store)
Recore
Assassin's Creed Unity, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Assassin's Creed Rogue, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag
Watch Dogs
DOOM
Tales From the Borderlands
SanctuaryRPG
Rambo The Video Game
Dropsy
Grow Up
Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom

All for PC, all for ~$137 because of the Gears trade-in. I feel like I did well this year!

ohlawd

Probably the wrong thread to push this question but alas.

Why do you like 8 so much? I played it at release and not since. I remember the card game being dull comparatively to FF9 and the leveling being weird but very little else at this point. The fact that I forget the entire plot of the game but remember 7 and 9 beat by beat must mean something too. Just curious what makes it best to you. Don't have the time in life to replay many old RPGs so am stuck with my initial impression from 15 years ago.

because it's easy as fuck to break and I like breezing through games. and there's the option of not cheesing the game if I don't want to. VIII's one of the few FFs I've been able to replay because I can have a vastly different experience from past playthroughs. has one hell of a clusterfuck story. I like clusterfucks.

VII is VII

IX is like DQVIII or Trails in the Sky: FC & SC (note: ultimately, I love these games despite what I'm about to say): they're actually boring as fuck because I can go out and do a 10km run by the time I finish one battle. it's one aspect of the games that completely negates any goodwill you have from the story or music and shit. they're games that you stomach your first time through because duh you haven't finished it before. but after? shit's unplayable.

Saprol

Mine STILL says arriving Tuesday November 29, and CS said this:

"There is no need to worry, we still expect to ship your order by November 25, 2016.

Once your order ships out we will send you a confirmation email along with the charge, carrier and the tracking details.

I can assure you that you will receive the confirmation by November 26, 2016."

I call bullshit, I can't see this shipping tonight...

"Amazon: Please kindly ignore that and since your item is eligible for the release date delivery, so we'll ship the item on September 28 and will be delivered to you on November 29, 2016"

contacting support is great 🤔

My haul:

500GB Xbox One S bundle with $50 restaurant certificate & Red Dead Redemption from EB Games for $300. My first Xbox console ever :d

Gears of War 4 (XB1)
Forza Horizon 3 (XB1)
Quantum Break (XB1)
Halo: The Master Chief Collection (XB1)
The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition (XB360 on XB1)

Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4)
Watch Dogs 2 (PS4)
Destiny: The Collection (PS4)

This will last me for a LONG time, and I'm pretty much drowning in games now. I'd also like to get Sunset Overdrive and Dead Rising 3 at some point in the New Year for my new Xbox.

Not going to buy anything else though until Horizon: Zero Dawn, Mass Effect, and South Park. Oh wait...those are all first half of next year! Not far off at all :p Will all begin with Horizon on Feb. 28. So I better start playing these BF games I just bought fast!

Futurematic

Snagged Dishonored 2: Limited Edition for 50 bucks (especially since I only played the first on X360, getting the first game was a killer deal). Plus Watch_Dogs 2 at Shoppers (well London Drugs price match) for $50 too.

Then PSN 20% off

Doom
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
Deus Ex: System Rift (pulled the trigger too early on the Best Buy MD sale couple weeks ago lol)
Mad Max
Far Cry 4 Gold (need a fun co op game)
Hitman

$98. Fantastic.

Just got a Pro so that was a great PSN sale for me, didn't buy Xcom because (alas) it seems to have died on consoles so I expect better deals soon and a Pro patch. This should tide me over until Persona 5, Horizon, and like a million other games are on sale Black Friday 2017!

(I do miss Boxing Day as the crazy day, fond memories of non-insane prices for N64 games at Toys "R" Us.)

big_z

Anyone else get 3 Final Fantasy XV DLC codes from Best Buy and did they work? I tried to enter them but all three are invalid.

firelogic

Anyone else get 3 Final Fantasy XV DLC codes from Best Buy and did they work? I tried to enter them but all three are invalid.

I only preordered the regular edition which is supposed to have 1 code for the masamune sword but they sent me 3 codes. Aren't the 3 codes for the deluxe edition?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
My haul:

500GB Xbox One S bundle with $50 restaurant certificate & Red Dead Redemption from EB Games for $300. My first Xbox console ever :d

Gears of War 4 (XB1)
Forza Horizon 3 (XB1)
Quantum Break (XB1)

Watch Dogs 2 (PS4)

This will last me for a LONG time, and I'm pretty much drowning in games now. I'd also like to get Sunset Overdrive and Dead Rising 3 at some point in the New Year for my new Xbox.

Not going to buy anything else though until Horizon: Zero Dawn, Mass Effect, and South Park. Oh wait...those are all first half of next year! Not far off at all :p Will all begin with Horizon on Feb. 28. So I better start playing these BF games I just bought fast!
Damn dude, amazing haul. Congrats.

apparently amazon determines free shipping eligible after applying gift card balance, since i want to make an order that is more than $35 normally. but my remaining gift card balance brings it under $35 so no free shipping

Looks like walmart is gonna have some preorder deals (starting sunday night i think) for 49.99 based on thei Cyber Monday/Week flyer. Pictured games are For Honor, Ghost Recon Wildlands (which was this price during e3 and South Park Fractured But Whole.

Curious to see if amazon matches and what they do with current preorders of those games.

Lexxism

Looks like walmart is gonna have some preorder deals (starting sunday night i think) for 49.99 based on thei Cyber Monday/Week flyer. Pictured games are For Honor, Ghost Recon Wildlands (which was this price during e3 and South Park Fractured But Whole.

Curious to see if amazon matches and what they do with current preorders of those games.
49.99 KH3 would be nice. And hopefully Amazon will match it

No_Style

Here is the link on the site. It includes RE7.

Don't expect stacking promos if Amazon.ca ends up running another pre-order promo.

HarryKS

My Futureshop FFXV order from 2 years ago has been cancelled. Apparently my card can't be charged. But then, I can't go on myaccount setting on FutureShop's website since it is not encrypted.

Not a big loss, game will be 29, 99 soon enough.

N° 2048

Now we're talking. Thanks dude!

kevin1025

Banned
My haul:

Gears of War 4 (XB1)
Forza Horizon 3 (XB1)
Quantum Break (XB1)

Watch Dogs 2 (PS4)

Wow! Yeah, you're set for easily a couple of months! I hope you like Forza Horizon 3, that series is incredibly special. But yeah, you did incredibly well with all of those!!

Moltenix

My haul:

Gears of War 4 (XB1)
Forza Horizon 3 (XB1)
Quantum Break (XB1)

Watch Dogs 2 (PS4)

Holy, great haul. Enjoy the XB1, those are some great games!

Haines

Banned
Can anyone tell me where to find the amazon prime video we can watch? I cant figure it out on my ipad or my tv(where i actually want to use it)

Does the S6 Edge phone have a better battery than 6S Plus iphone?

I got my iphone but am shocked I cant do stuff like move my icons or seemingly create folders

Im also worried if Ill get used to the size, especially when Galaxy phones fit the same screen into a smaller device

Leeness

Pokémon Sun and Moon $40 on Amazon for Prime members.

If you're in a big city I would expect FFXV to ship on Monday and arrive Tuesday.

Nope. I'm in Vancouver (or shipping is Vancouver) and mine doesn't ship till the 2nd and expected arrival is December 5. 😭

Just randomly broke and decided to purchase the white (2014-2016) away Leafs jersey I've been eyeing. I can't feel too bad for getting it for $50.89.

Now, I need to lock my wallet in someone's safe, without knowing the combination.

SickBoy

Does the S6 Edge phone have a better battery than 6S Plus iphone?

I got my iphone but am shocked I cant do stuff like move my icons or seemingly create folders

Im also worried if Ill get used to the size, especially when Galaxy phones fit the same screen into a smaller device

I don't know about your battery life question, but unless they've really started to make iOS dramatically different on iPhone, you can absolutely move icons and create folders.

Just learning iOS, myself, but you can definitely create folders. Just hold your finger on an app's icon and drag it on top of another to create a folder.

The apps will continue to shake on-screen, to show that you are in edit mode and can move others.

Press the home button to stop.

terrible

Banned
Just randomly broke and decided to purchase the white (2014-2016) away Leafs jersey I've been eyeing. I can't feel too bad for getting it for $50.89.

Now, I need to lock my wallet in someone's safe, without knowing the combination.

Yeah it's pretty tempting. They're nice looking jerseys. I got the home 2017 jersey when it was on sale earlier this year though so I don't really need another jersey. I don't know when I'd wear them anyway.

Yeah it's pretty tempting. They're nice looking jerseys. I got the home 2017 jersey when it was on sale earlier this year though so I don't really need another jersey. I don't know when I'd wear them anyway.

My shopping addiction/depression shifted to obsessing over jerseys this fall, after I heard about the deal on the home jersey. Thanks to GAF, I got that for 1/2 price like you, and got it customized with Matthews for $60 + tax.

Then I saw that last year's home jersey was on sale at SportCheck, and got it for about $45. And same with the Team Canada World Cup away jersey, from Adidas, which was 1/2 price plus 40% off. I used an extra 15% off code on it.

But I liked the red better, and the local jersey store had them on discount, so I got one there and had it stitched with Toews.

Then the Centennial jerseys ended up being beautiful, so I ordered one of those.

Now I ordered this, as I really liked last year's jerseys.

Thankfully there are none I want now, or want to collect (it's more of a collection than anything), outside of this year's away. But I'm not spending $200 on one. If they get discounted next year, when the NHL switches to Adidas, we'll see.

Haines

Banned
Is amazon returns easy guys?

My ps4pro disc drive is fucked and probably from the mail lady dropping it in front of me.

It doesn't work all the time. I had to restart the pro before it would read a disc a few minutes ago.

terrible

Banned
My shopping addiction/depression shifted to obsessing over jerseys this fall, after I heard about the deal on the home jersey. Thanks to GAF, I got that for 1/2 price like you, and got it customized with Matthews for $60 + tax.

Then I saw that last year's home jersey was on sale at SportCheck, and got it for about $45. And same with the Team Canada World Cup away jersey, from Adidas, which was 1/2 price plus 40% off. I used an extra 15% off code on it.

But I liked the red better, and the local jersey store had them on discount, so I got one there and had it stitched with Toews.

Then the Centennial jerseys ended up being beautiful, so I ordered one of those.

Now I ordered this, as I really liked last year's jerseys.

Thankfully there are none I want now, or want to collect (it's more of a collection than anything), outside of this year's away. But I'm not spending $200 on one. If they get discounted next year, when the NHL switches to Adidas, we'll see.

$60 to get Matthews on it? Damn, that's pretty good. I thought it cost a lot more than that.

I kind of get the collection thing with jerseys. They look pretty nice and that's more or less why I got mine earlier since I never really plan on wearing them outside or anything.

Kyolux

Is amazon returns easy guys?

My ps4pro disc drive is fucked and probably from the mail lady dropping it in front of me.

It doesn't work all the time. I had to restart the pro before it would read a disc a few minutes ago.

Pretty well. Do you still have the box it shipped in? Just ask for an exchange because yours is defective. They'll give you a shipping label you can claim at Canada Post (at their expense). And once they get confirmation you sent yours back, they should send you a new one.

At least, if everything goes well. Or just contact CSR, that's one thing they're actually useful for.

$60 to get Matthews on it? Damn, that's pretty good. I thought it cost a lot more than that.

I kind of get the collection thing with jerseys. They look pretty nice and that's more or less why I got mine earlier since I never really plan on wearing them outside or anything.

I was never a jersey collector before. But I have a hard time with impulse control these days, because I buy things to try to make myself happy. Going to be seeking help for that.

The local shop near me did it for $60, but I've heard it can be $80 elsewhere. They have a lady who they send them to, and she stitches them. She does a good job, too.

The heat pressing is done in-store.

I may wear the cheaper blank jerseys (last year's Leafs or Team Canada white), but likely won't wear the Matthews, Marner or Toews ones much if at all. Maybe just to games.

Flambe

Still waiting on Future Shop FFXV. No rush since it's my last Future Shop pre-order and when that's gone.. Future Shop will just float off with the wind =*(

Kyolux

Still waiting on Future Shop FFXV. No rush since it's my last Future Shop pre-order and when that's gone.. Future Shop will just float off with the wind =*(

Haha, yeah I still have Kingdom Hearts 3 after this. So FS lives on for another 2-3 years at least.

Been charged by them for FFXV, but no shipping yet. I really hope I get either of my copies on Tuesday.

I have FFXV held at the library, but I won't get it first and don't know if I'll want to use a dirty game. I would've maybe bought it for the $30 USD, but it wasn't on sale in Canada.

Guess I'll just wait. I don't really play FF anymore, and probably wouldn't finish it.

Haines

Banned
Ok great. Going.to suck being without my pro. But I'll make use of it this weekend and send it out Monday before work

Just realized I won't be able to transfer my stuff. Dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom