• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porkepik

What an expensive month for me , due to deals , especially points at shoppers drug mart I added to my launch ps4 and xbox one, an ps4 pro, an xbox one s 1tb with gears 4 and a psvr (at least already had the moves ).
Plus a bunch of games:
Skylanders imaginator
Cod aw
Skyrim remastered
Trackmania
Forza horizon 3
Cod infinite warfare
Mafia 3+ season pass
Dishonored def edition
Darksiders 2
Digimon cyber sleuth
Heavy rain and beyond 2 souls

Plus a bunch of vr titles

A seinheiser 598cs

And waiting for ffxv and last guardian from past order

I m set for quite a while , i m really bad at keeping my expenses in check but at least my kids don t mind lololol

What an expensive month for me , due to deals , especially points at shoppers drug mart I added to my launch ps4 and xbox one, an ps4 pro, an xbox one s 1tb with gears 4 and a psvr (at least already had the moves ).
Plus a bunch of games:
Skylanders imaginator
Cod aw
Skyrim remastered
Trackmania
Forza horizon 3
Cod infinite warfare
Mafia 3+ season pass
Dishonored def edition
Darksiders 2
Digimon cyber sleuth
Heavy rain and beyond 2 souls

Plus a bunch of vr titles

A seinheiser 598cs

And waiting for ffxv and last guardian from past order

I m set for quite a while , i m really bad at keeping my expenses in check but at least my kids don t mind lololol

Now we're talking! I keep seeing people's hauls in the $50-100 range and I felt like I was maybe insane for the amount of stuff I bought recently. Good to see there are others cutting loose. Happy to not be the only one, haha.

Thinking more and more that the iPhone 6S+ may be too impractical for every day use. love the battery, but I really feel one handed use is going to be very hard.

Super disappointed that reachability mode only for the dock UI. I fear it wont work for web browsing.

I cant find a 6S Edge Plus phone anywhere. I think the battery is the same on that, but the ability to shrink the entire phone down for one hand use is amazing.

I dont even think there is a deal on S7 Edge, as $1000 is going to be hard to swallow since I got my 6S with the gift card deal for Apple's Black Friday.

So its probably best if I just get used to the apple phone. I wonder if there are apps to make one hand use much easier

iratA

Has anyone found any deals on PS Vita Memory cards? Somewhere with international shipping. My poor 4Gb Card is reaching its limit. :-(

Dr.Acula

Banned
Steam Link for 27 bux after tax at EB Games was totally worth it. 59.99 plus tax would have been too much, but the sale price is just right.

Any backlit cherry switch keyboards floating around for cheap? Any cyber Monday stores going to be selling keyboards mayhaps?

Zozobra

Yeah, I didn't grab much this year.

500 GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD from London Drugs for $144.99
64 GB Lexar USB 3.0 Stick from London Drugs for $17.99
Mount Your Friends from Steam for $1.99

Just gotta find a USB 3.0 PCI-E card or something so I can transfer files at a normal speed...

How did you get the SSD for that price? I see $169.99 in the flyer.

Ventara

Has anyone found any deals on PS Vita Memory cards? Somewhere with international shipping. My poor 4Gb Card is reaching its limit. :-(

Other than the used market, you're not gonna have much luck finding a cheap one. If you're looking to get one with a lot of space, I'd just go all the way and buy the 64GB one for $120-130. It's price has remained pretty much the same over the years (was $100 when our $ was at par with US).

DVCY201

Picked up both Witcher 3 Add-Ons, Street Fighter V Deluxe, Super Mario 3D Land, Link's Awakening DX for Black Friday. In unrelated news, The Tatami Galaxy from the UK has been dispatched, absolutely excited for that!

Xbudz

Black Friday

Dark Souls 3 Day One Edition $25 CAD
Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate $40 CAD
Battlefield 1 (free with excellent customer service from MS)
Xbox One Dusk Shadow controller $65 CAD (cheaper on amazon)
DOOM 2 $1.60 CAD
NBA JAM On Fire Edition $1.60 CAD
Sennheiser HD 598 CS $110 CAD
5 tshirts for $35 CAD (Nerdblock)
1 knitted hoody $20 CAD
Adidas Lightster Bounce $60

And I got Final Fantasy XV, but it wasn't on sale.

What an expensive but awesome month.

Aske

Now we're talking! I keep seeing people's hauls in the $50-100 range and I felt like I was maybe insane for the amount of stuff I bought recently. Good to see there are others cutting loose. Happy to not be the only one, haha.

Please don't worry. Strictly due to BF sales, I bought a new TV, the Xbone S Gears bundle, a new iMac with 16 GB RAM and 519 GB SSD upgrades (this was the only thing I'd specifically planned to buy), a 4TB external hard drive, new TV stand, Xbone media remote, 4 UHD Blu-rays, Gears 1 Ultimate, Titanfall 2, Star Wars Battlefront, and Street Fighter V Deluxe. Pretty sure that's everything. My only regret is that Thumper and Rez escaped the tentacles of Black Friday sale prices.

killroy87

Please don't worry. Strictly due to BF sales, I bought a new TV, the Xbone S Gears bundle, a new iMac with 16 GB RAM and 519 GB SSD upgrades (this was the only thing I'd specifically planned to buy), a 4TB external hard drive, new TV stand, Xbone media remote, 4 UHD Blu-rays, Gears 1 Ultimate, Titanfall 2, Star Wars Battlefront, and Street Fighter V Deluxe. Pretty sure that's everything. My only regret is that Thumper and Rez escaped the tentacles of Black Friday sale prices.

What was the BF savings on that?

I've only bought one thing. I buy stuff for others on Black Friday and stuff for myself on Boxing Day, so you might say I'm doing terribly in the gift giving department so far.

Nice! A job I did this month ended up paying fifty dollars (more than expected, to be honest), so I only paid $0.84 out of pocket for yesterday's jersey indiscretion.

Aske

What was the BF savings on that?

Nothing, as it turned out. I needed to get it regardless (even though yes, I know they're getting refreshed in the next three or four months), so I waited a couple of weeks for BF, and in the end "only" scored a $200 Apple Store gift card out of it. I'd anticipated saving $200 on the machine - which was Apple's BF discount last year, and which I could have scored this year if I hadn't needed the upgrades and bought a regular iMac at Best Buy - but it's better than a poke in the eye. I'm thinking it'll go towards a 4K Apple TV whenever that comes out. Worth holding off for two weeks, but yeah, no savings.

Nice! A job I did this month ended up paying fifty dollars (more than expected, to be honest), so I only paid $0.84 out of pocket for yesterday's jersey indiscretion.

There's a boob joke in here. Awesome to hear you snagged a bonus though! I love it when stuff pays for other stuff and everything feels balanced.

kennah

Wow. I was having trouble upgrading my phone on Rogers' website.

Was trying to go from my $70 6 gig plan with Premium Tab to a $67 Smart Tab 7GB and a $100 iPhone SE (which would be $0 after their Black Friday $100 credit). It just kept giving me errors, so I talked to their live chat.

He gave me a $70 8gig plan, Premium Tab with a free 64gig SE. Score.

killroy87

Wow. I was having trouble upgrading my phone on Rogers' website.

Was trying to go from my $70 6 gig plan with Premium Tab to a $67 Smart Tab 7GB and a $100 iPhone SE (which would be $0 after their Black Friday $100 credit). It just kept giving me errors, so I talked to their live chat.

He gave me a $70 8gig plan, Premium Tab with a free 64gig SE. Score.

What city are you in?

Canon

Banned
How much could I sell a new 32 GB PlayStation Vita memory card for? I know it retails for $79.99 + tax in stores, but they're out of stock almost everywhere I looked. On Amazon.ca, you can only order from Japan and they cost $84 CDN for a Japanese model.

If I sold online there would be selling fees and whatnot. Well if anyone wants one send me an offer via PM.

How much could I sell a new 32 GB PlayStation Vita memory card for? I know it retails for $79.99 + tax in stores, but they're out of stock almost everywhere I looked. On Amazon.ca, you can only order from Japan and they cost $84 CDN for a Japanese model.

If I sold online there would be selling fees and whatnot. Well if anyone wants one send me an offer via PM.

From experience: if you are patient, probably $50 (could take months), otherwise $30-$40 immediately

kaiyo

It's a mighty fine card. Between the 480 and the GTX 1060, I ended up going 1060, but the Nitro+ 480 is an incredible card from all the video reviews and benchmarks I've seen!

Nitro R9 Fury 4gb or Nitro+ RX 480 8gb for similar pricing...

If you pre-ordered during E3 2016, forget it. Amazon doesn't price-match and apply the discount on the new sale price anymore.

E3 2015 and prior, though, you're fine.

E3 2016 was 20% off. I just double checked and it wasn't from E3 either, i ordered in Nov. 2015 guess it was a cyber monday deal.

Nitro R9 Fury 4gb or Nitro+ RX 480 8gb for similar pricing...

E3 2016 was 20% off. I just double checked and it wasn't from E3 either, i ordered in Nov. 2015 guess it was a cyber monday deal.

2015 Cyber Monday pre-orders should still apply the discount on top of the lower matched price if Amazon does it, so it sounds like you're good.

Renewed

I'm waiting for Cyber Monday before I call my total haul but so far it's been Titanfall 2 + Tales of Zestiria for $69 and 3 years of PS+ for $150. Satisfied so far.

What I do need is a new USB stick to replace my old 8GB one.

My FFXV BB order ran into an issue and in my infinite wisdom I cancelled my 49.99 Amazon order by accident

You know what fuck it I'll just get it digitally full price I waited 10 years for this shit anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom