• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max_Po

Banned
My FFXV BB order ran into an issue and in my infinite wisdom I cancelled my 49.99 Amazon order by accident

You know what fuck it I'll just get it digitally full price I waited 10 years for this shit anyway

Are you in Toronto?

I think I have Walmart order 50 plus tax.

I can sell it to you at cost ! Will let you know if I even have the order...

firelogic

Canada post delivered something today, not FFXV tho lol.(no bell rings either they just left it)

But Canada Post doesn't operate on weekends. More like your neighbour took your package, or was delivered mistakenly, on Friday and they felt guilty and dropped it off at your door.

kevin1025

Banned
Nitro R9 Fury 4gb or Nitro+ RX 480 8gb for similar pricing...

E3 2016 was 20% off. I just double checked and it wasn't from E3 either, i ordered in Nov. 2015 guess it was a cyber monday deal.

I don't know too much about computer hardware outside of the usual, but the trend for games has been heading toward more video memory. I'd always go for the higher amount!

Windam

Scaley member
Was it delivered to your door or mailbox? Did you receive a shipping notification? Mine was supposed to ship friday but it still hasn't =/

Same here. It went from "Shipping 25 Nov" to "Shipping Soon" but still has the default "We're preparing your order. Carrier information will be updated soon." message that it's had since April.

killroy87

cnY3o7n.png

Feels gooood

Are you in Toronto?

Ended up buying it on PSN instead. This and the Last Guardian are the last new games I'm gonna buy for the year so I don't mind spending the $79.99 on PSN. Might wanna try Kijjii unless there's someone else in this thread (from Toronto) that's interested. Can try TorontoGAF as well btw

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
According to RFD, Tokyo Mirage Sessions will be $35 at Best Buy tomorrow. Thats the only time its gone on sale.

Are you in Toronto?

Im in Toronto and Im definitely be interested if he isnt.

Even if dollar is shotty, how come US gets really crazy sale prices ?

There's that PS4 slim+Uncharted bundle for 212$ US on Amazon.com now.
That's ~280$ CAD ! Exactly what I want too see out of a PS4 sale here.

But no, best we get ON SALE is ~340$ crap.

baconcow

But Canada Post doesn't operate on weekends. More like your neighbour took your package, or was delivered mistakenly, on Friday and they felt guilty and dropped it off at your door.

I ordered something from Primecables on THIS Friday morning using their 3-5 day free shipping option. It delivered TODAY by Canada Post. It seems it IS possible. This would be the first time they ever delivered on a weekend, let alone a Sunday (cut out some of the steps to shorten it, but this shows it IS possible to have a delivery on SUNDAY).

2016/11/27 HALIFAX, NS Item out for delivery
2016/11/27 HALIFAX, NS Item processed
2016/11/25 MONTREAL, QC Shipment picked up by Canada Post
2016/11/25 Electronic information submitted by shipper.

Zeeman

I ordered something from Primecables on THIS Friday morning using their 3-5 day free shipping option. It delivered TODAY by Canada Post. It seems it IS possible. This would be the first time they ever delivered on a weekend, let alone a Sunday.

Yeah, they deliver on weekends during the holidays. CP brought my NES Classic from Best Buy today.

N° 2048

I ordered something from Primecables on THIS Friday morning using their 3-5 day free shipping option. It delivered TODAY by Canada Post. It seems it IS possible. This would be the first time they ever delivered on a weekend, let alone a Sunday.

Canada Post does indeed delivery on weekends.
Weekend delivery is an optional shift for workers during the holidays.

Jo-El

For the most part it seems amazon doesn't come up with their own deals, but instead matches everyone else. I think it mostly comes down to competition. Amazon.ca is matching Walmart, EB, and Bestbuy, while Amazon.com is matching many more places than that. That $212 PS4 is them matching Target for example.

Prior to sales the PS4 Pro was $499 which is about $370 US, so that's not too bad. PSVR is too high here though, if you can even find one.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So just to check - most of the on-sale items on bestbuy.ca show as "on sale until 12/01" - does that mean they really are continuing from black friday all through cyber monday and the end of the month or is that just a display error?

e.g. Rise of the Tomb Raider Anniversary is until 12/01

some items are just this weekend, e.g. BF1 is only until 11/27 so I'm thinking 12/01 is legit.

Gives me a few more days to think :)

of course the site JUST went down "in preparation for cyber monday" so... i'll know soon anyway I guess lol.

No_Style

So just to check - most of the on-sale items on bestbuy.ca show as "on sale until 12/01" - does that mean they really are continuing from black friday all through cyber monday and the end of the month or is that just a display error?

e.g. Rise of the Tomb Raider Anniversary is until 12/01

some items are just this weekend, e.g. BF1 is only until 11/27 so I'm thinking 12/01 is legit.

Gives me a few more days to think :)

of course the site JUST went down "in preparation for cyber monday" so... i'll know soon anyway I guess lol.

The ones til Dec 1 are usually accurate. It's the ones that expire on the 25, 27 or 28 that may get extended to Dec 1.

Grimsen

For honor is 49.96$ at Amazon.

With last year's 30% off promo, I should be getting it at roughly 35$ plus tax.

Nice.

Same with South Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom