• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

No_Style

Even if dollar is shotty, how come US gets really crazy sale prices ?

There's that PS4 slim+Uncharted bundle for 212$ US on Amazon.com now.
That's ~280$ CAD ! Exactly what I want too see out of a PS4 sale here.

But no, best we get ON SALE is ~340$ crap.

It's the cost we pay for living in a Trump-free zone.

Tapejara

For honor is 49.96$ at Amazon.

With last year's 30% off promo, I should be getting it at roughly 35$ plus tax.

Nice.

I hate that Amazon only does this to match Wal-mart, because Wal-mart never drops the PC versions down to that price. meaning the PC versions are still $79.99 at Amazon.

poodpick

Wait until you want to change your credit card; that's when the real nightmare begins.

Is their system really so inflexible that it's cheaper for them ship the game to me and have me return it in store? I thought I heard they were making a major push into web sales, didn't they buy that amazon competitor?

Is their system really so inflexible that it's cheaper for them ship the game to me and have me return it in store? I thought I heard they were making a major push into web sales, didn't they buy that amazon competitor?

Actually fun fact; they'll ship it to you even if your card isn't valid anymore (i.e. no form of payment).

I endured this earlier this month with my Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 pre-orders that were made on a card that had been compromised and thus had been canceled.

1. They couldn't cancel the order.
2. They couldn't put a different card on the order.
3. If I had accepted the package and attempted to return it to the store; this would have been considered an act of fraud.

Never pre-ordering from Wal-mart again.

Porkepik

looks like amazon dropped south park in my order to match Walmart though this years 20% is no longer getting applied
Well I guess I don t get the 20% pre order for primemember either, I preordered it before the price drop. :( . At least price is much better now . Still happy in the end :)

explodet

Just preordered For Honor/RE7 for $49.96 each. Impulse buy to be sure, but I didn't buy much this Black Friday, so now I get to wait for January/February to spend my money.

Still waiting for any FFXV activity from Amazon, but they've still got tomorrow to get off their duffs.

poodpick

Well I guess I don t get the 20% pre order for primemember either, I preordered it before the price drop. :( . At least price is much better now . Still happy in the end :)

I'm still getting a discount, but its not being applied correctly. Should be 351.43 rather than 361.91. I'm sure they'll get it sorted out after we pester them a few times.

e3lhs1e.png

Actually fun fact; they'll ship it to you even if your card isn't valid anymore (i.e. no form of payment).

I endured this earlier this month with my Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 pre-orders that were made on a card that had been compromised and thus had been canceled.

3. If I had accepted the package and attempted to return it to the store; this would have been considered an act of fraud.

Wow. So basically you had to refuse the package?

Also does anyone know if amazon will change the platform of a game you've preordered that has the E3 discount applied?

Porkepik

I'm still getting a discount, but its not being applied correctly. Should be 351.43 rather than 361.91. I'm sure they'll get it sorted out after we pester them a few times.

e3lhs1e.png

Wow. So basically you had to refuse the package?

Also does anyone know if amazon will change the platform of a game you've preordered that has the E3 discount applied?
Easier to see what is charged and complain after I guess .

LifeLike

Ok so games are 50$ USD right now on amazon. If I order from there, how much is the final cost in CAD with shipping, taxes and everything? Without other Promos.

zroid

Banned
best buy cyber monday deals posted yet?

Tokyo Mirage Sessions - $34.99
Twilight Princess HD w/ Wolf Link amiibo - $30 off

poodpick

Ok so games are 50$ USD right now on amazon. If I order from there, how much is the final cost in CAD with shipping, taxes and everything? Without other Promos.

I've never shipped anything from .com directly to my home so I don't know if what I've calculated is correct but I worked it out to around $94. Depends on what you pay in terms of exchange rate, shipping, and import fees. Why not just add it to your cart and see how much it comes out to?

Moltenix

Wait a minute. If they ship it to you anyway, and you don't refuse it and don't attempt to return it to the store. Does that mean you get it for free or do the Walmart ninjas come after you? :D

Don't think the 20% stacks on the sale price does it?
I just checked my preorder and my 20 percent discount is gone now.

I tried making a new order and I don't see an additional discount being applied either. I guess the 49.96 is the discount were getting.

i-Jest

I HAVE A QUESTION

Anyone know if Amazon preorders for Final Fantasy XV come with more than just the Masamune DLC?

best buy cyber monday deals posted yet?

Tokyo Mirage Sessions - $34.99
Twilight Princess HD w/ Wolf Link amiibo - $30 off

Now that is a really great price for the game. That's probably the cheapest you'll find it in retail, before it goes on clearance, and never receives a re-release. Fingers crossed for a sequel though.

I received a shipping notice for my ancient Future Shop FFXV pre-order. Also a set of three DLC codes, none of which were valid. Anybody else get dead codes sent to them?

Takuan

Hoping we get another stab at a $500 GTX 1070 pre-MIR for Cyber mañana. Still miffed I missed out on two deals on Friday.

Ugh hoping for a possible $400-450 ps4 pro but I doubt that.

Yeah, seems only our Amerifriends are getting Pro love. $400 is crazy, but is is too much to ask for a game throw-in? C'mon, Sony!

Fuuuuuug I just noticed my copy of for honor is on ps4 friends are getting on xbone
seems that reps can't swap the version in my order or help adjust the discount if i make a new order.

Womp Womp

MarkusRJR

So apparently my PayPal info failed on my old FF XV E3 order. I avoided using a credit card to avoid the issue of my credit card expiring. Apparently they disabled order status for the next two days so I can't even change the info, yet the game was meant to ship today. How boned am I? Are they going to cancel the order?

BadHand

So apparently my PayPal info failed on my old FF XV E3 order. I avoided using a credit card to avoid the issue of my credit card expiring. Apparently they disabled order status for the next two days so I can't even change the info, yet the game was meant to ship today. How boned am I? Are they going to cancel the order?

A payment method failed with my last Future shop order. I phoned up and changed the payment info and it shipped later that day. I wouldn't worry.

Damn. Someone gave me a code for Kirby Planet Robobot a while back and I never got around to using it. Tried tonight, but it's been used.

Maybe I'll just pass on that game, given that the last couple of Kirby games for 3DS/Wii U did little for me.

I don't really want to piss EB off by doing another 7 day guarantee, since I know I won't like the game enough to keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom