• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Chungus

Has anyone here tried exchanging a console at ebgames before?

Do they give you any grief or deny your exchange?

My ps4 pro is acting weird and i'm thinking of exchanging it.

MarkusRJR

So I'm definitely getting Zelda: TP HD just because I know it'll never be on sale again.

But is Mario Tennis worth it for $35? I absolutely love traditional Mario Tennis but I heard this version is light on content.

Has anyone here tried exchanging a console at ebgames before?

Do they give you any grief or deny your exchange?

My ps4 pro is acting weird and i'm thinking of exchanging it.
Depends on the location honestly.

So I'm definitely getting Zelda: TP HD just because I know it'll never be on sale again.

But is Mario Tennis worth it for $35? I absolutely love traditional Mario Tennis but I heard this version is light on content.

I enjoyed it for at least 2 hours.

The gameplay is solid but you'll 100% the game in around the time I've played it.

MarkusRJR

I enjoyed it for at least 2 hours.

The gameplay is solid but you'll 100% the game in around the time I've played it.
For multiplayer though, is it good? My dad and I usually play multiplayer Mario Tennis along with the usual Mario Kart and Wii Sports, so I feel like it might be fun to play this holiday.

Then again, considering how much the game bombed, I'm curious if there will be a better sale than this.

whitehawk

Banned
How is Just Cause 3 on PS4? Was thinking of getting it for $14.99 before the BF sale is over, but i heard about the bad performance on consoles. Has that been largely fixed?

ohlawd

What's the good deals?

just buying Tokyo Mirage Sessions (about to be my 4th time buying this >_>) and Twilight Princess HD with that statue thing. I'd get a year of XBL for $50 too but shit's sold out. gonna have to go to Amazon for that one *cries*

Haines

Banned
So I happen to be up and cyber Monday starts soon?

Idk if I should even bother. I'd like some 4k movies if that's on sale?

MarkusRJR

I got a preview of the Amazon.ca deals and no mention of it. Hopefully it's a surprise but they've shown me most of their other promos.

Amazon.ca at 3am ET / 12pm PT for sure.
Were there any good deals that weren't seen at Black Friday? Trying to decide if it's worth staying up to see.

No_Style

Will new deals appear, or the one's i can see now are the deals?

If there are new deals, they will appear. The only definitive one that I know about is the same PlayStation 4 UC4 + Watch_Dogs 2 console bundle deal from Walmart. Looks like Walmart forced Amazon.ca push out the same bundle early for $342.99.

Were there any good deals that weren't seen at Black Friday? Trying to decide if it's worth staying up to see.

Nothing worth staying up for.

jholmes

Is Star Fox WiiU worth $45?

With Star Fox Guard packed in, sure. I had a lot of fun with it and it's one of those rare single-player games that is a real blast when you've got other people around to watch and participate. If you accept that Zero itself is something of a failed experiment and go in with the right mindset you might find some parts you really like.

whitehawk

Banned
Guys, what's a good budget cell phone for around $200?
I have a Zenfone 2 laser I got last year for $240 from Staples. Pretty good for the price and it has ROM support in the form of cm14 which I've been using, makes the phone much better. There's Zenfone 3 laser out now but I can't personally vouch for it.

Qwyjibo

Still no good 4k movie deals.

Maybe boxing day.
Yep. It's been a bit disappointing given that I want to try some out on the Xbox One S. I still ordered Deadpool from Amazon. I'm really hoping Star Trek Beyond drops to around $25 at some point.

Haines

Banned
Yep. It's been a bit disappointing given that I want to try some out on the Xbox One S. I still ordered Deadpool from Amazon. I'm really hoping Star Trek Beyond drops to around $25 at some point.

Yeah the only movie at a decent price batman superman and i just cant pull the trigger. I would like to see it someday tho.

Just gotta be patient i guess.

I should've kept the second I-CON 3DS case I'd bought from Walmart for $8. Alas, I gave it to the guy who bought my Pokemon Red/Blue N3DS.

Now it seems like they're not sold anymore. It's too bad because they were great. I have one for my N3DSXL.

farisr

Yeah the only movie at a decent price batman superman and i just cant pull the trigger. I would like to see it someday tho.

Just gotta be patient i guess.
Yeah, trying to be patient for these as well. Kinda tempted sometimes just to pull the trigger and get some (I alread have BvS and Deadpool), but I've spent so much already over the last couple of months.

Also, thanks to UHD. Instead of filling some of the gaps in my regular bluray collection, it's making me think twice now whether to get them or not, even though some of the ones I wanted are like $5 now.

I really hope some of the movies that had full frame IMAX footage (like The Dark Knight) on the regular blurays do get UHD releases, that'd be awesome.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Bought Tokyo Mirage Sessions + memory foam pillow for $60+tax total.

$50 for Twilight Princess HD is still too much since I dont care about the amiibo

Qwyjibo

Amazon is matching the $34.99 on Tokyo Mirage Sessions

https://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01CKGI0TO/022648-20/

I was just about to post this too. The moment I saw Best Buy was dropping it to that price I thought "How long until Amazon matches or undercuts this?".

With my backlog and how little my Wii U has been used lately, why would I? But also, WHY NOT at that price?! I'm in. Even though the game looks totally goofy.

farisr

For honor is 49.96$ at Amazon.
Shoot, I may end up keeping my order after all, though I need to actually play the game before deciding. I had an alpha code, redeemed, alpha loaded on my system, and could not connect to the servers at all.

The "we've cancelled the splitscreen mode" news had pretty much guaranteed me cancelling the preorder, but this price + the old E3 preorder deal brings the price down so low. It may be worth it just for the campaign playthrough alone depending on how I like the gameplay.

ahdurian

so who has ordered from the SE store before?
I'm one of the (un)lucky ones who got an order for the FFXV CE, but not sure when it's actually shipping. mainly since two weeks ago it said "shipped" even though it just meant that they were taking the payment

leeman

I was just about to post this too. The moment I saw Best Buy was dropping it to that price I thought "How long until Amazon matches or undercuts this?".

With my backlog and how little my Wii U has been used lately, why would I? But also, WHY NOT at that price?! I'm in. Even though the game looks totally goofy.

I'm surprised the other Wii U games haven't been matched yet at Amazon. Only a matter of time probably :p. I've heard good things about Tokyo Mirage. It's sitting on my backlog right now only because I am waiting for the Switch to come out so I can steal the Wii U from my kids, lol.

Tried to get a Refubished PS3 for 100$ at EBgames (since I've been PS3-less for 2 years now and I have tons of PS3 games and blu-rays I can't play or watch). I even have a 65$ gift card so the thing wouldn't cost me more than 45$ with taxes.

I keep getting errors with my infos when checking out. :(

For everyone on the fence re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE: if the whole "high schoolers get into showbiz and fight demons hurray!" vibe doesn't put you off, get it! It's a great Persona-lite game, and I can't imagine you'll have too many more chances to score a physical copy for cheap. I still haven't finished playing it yet, but I've mostly enjoyed my 50+ hours. About the only real issue I have with the game is that the further you get into it, the longer battles get for no good reason (sessions get longer, and stronger session moves have longer animations because Atlus is dumb).

For everyone on the fence re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE: if the whole "high schoolers get into showbiz and fight demons hurray!" vibe doesn't put you off, get it! It's a great Persona-lite game, and I can't imagine you'll have too many more chances to score a physical copy for cheap. I still haven't finished playing it yet, but I've mostly enjoyed my 50+ hours. About the only real issue I have with the game is that the further you get into it, the longer battles get for no good reason (sessions get longer, and stronger session moves have longer animations because Atlus is dumb).

This is why I'm tempted. I got to borrow the game from my library, played about 30 hours (chapter 4-ish, I think?) and loved it. Really wouldn't mind getting to keep it forever...

Just rough timing since FFXV is on the way haha. But thinking longterm I'll be really surprised if a cheaper opportunity ever comes.

Sealtest

I was really hoping Mario and sonic at the rio games would've seen some sort of discount :( I love playing those games but no way is it worth $74.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom