• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stage On

Urg I bought Tokyo Mirage Sessions used earlier this month from EB since I thought that with it's limited supply their was no way it was actually going to go cheaper during this weekend. Live and learn I guess

Stage On

Walmart has the 16 gb Ipod touch 6th gen on sale for $200 before tax. I've been waiting for a sale for months since my decade old classic Ipod died last winter and yet I find myself hesitating :/

whitehawk

Banned
cause there isnt much reason to own a ipod touch over a smartphone
Yup. Much better to get a cheap smartphone with a microSD card slot. Then download phonogram and use that for offline music. 16gb is okay for offline spotify music that's constantly being shuffled, butnot for a dedicated offline music device.

Stage On

cause there isnt much reason to own a ipod touch over a smartphone

Yeah but I'm not sure I really need a smart phone. They either cost a whole bunch out of the gate or are cheap upfront but come with an expensive 2 year plan

Considering I'm either at home or at work most of the time and that I can't really use the phone at work anyhow it's use as an actual phone would be pretty limited.

Honestly I just want something that can play my music and podcasts on when I have to take the bus to work. I'd get a Shuffle except that it simply doesn't have enough storage space for my library

Yeah but I'm not sure I really need a smart phone. They either cost a whole bunch out of the gate or are cheap upfront but come with an expensive 2 year plan

Considering I'm either at home or at work most of the time and that I can't really use the phone at work anyhow it's use as an actual phone would be pretty limited.

Honestly I just want something that can play my music and podcasts on when I have to take the bus to work. I'd get a Shuffle except that it simply doesn't have enough storage space for my library

dont need to buy new, you can get a good used android smartphone for pretty cheap, and they can be used without a sim card

Anth0ny

holy shit rare replay is $9.99 on amazon.ca

I already own it but just bought it again for my younger cousin. perfect christmas present.

STUPID good value considering how much you get with the package

firehawk12

Subete no aware

If you just want music, get like an iriver or something. There's no reason to get a 16gb touch, particularly when iOS eats like 9 gigs out of the box. Either you want one for the apps, in which case you want to get the 32gb option, or if you really just want music/podcasts, there are cheaper and better dedicated mp3 players.

Or yeah, just buy a cheap android phone and stick an SD card in it.

Does the 3DS eShop charge tax? I assume it does, but it'd be nice to get both Pokemon Red and Yellow for $25 (the lowest gift card denomination, I assume).

Hey guys, I have friends visiting from Canada next month and I wanted to order a PlayStation 4 Pro and Final Fantasy 15 so they could bring em along. Any recommendations on what the best/cheapest option would be to order these? Amazon.ca is usually my go-to online shop in Canada, but in case there are better alternatives would love a heads up. Thanks!

EDIT: Ugh... and of course my awesome luck strikes again. The PS4 Pro is out of stock on Amazon now and Bestbuy doesn't allow me to use a non-Canadian/US credit card. Would love names of other retailers that have it in stock and accept foreign credit cards.

Hey guys, I have friends visiting from Canada next month and I wanted to order a PlayStation 4 Pro and Final Fantasy 15 so they could bring em along. Any recommendations on what the best/cheapest option would be to order these? Amazon.ca is usually my go-to online shop in Canada, but in case there are better alternatives would love a heads up. Thanks!

EDIT: Ugh... and of course my awesome luck strikes again. The PS4 Pro is out of stock on Amazon now and Bestbuy doesn't allow me to use a non-Canadian/US credit card. Would love names of other retailers that have it in stock and accept foreign credit cards.

Have you tried The Source?

FrsDvl

Yeah it works for US billing addresses but not anything outside of the US/Canada. Till now Amazon.ca seems to be the only one accepting non Canadian/US credit cards.

In the past i've actually been able to use a non canadian creditcard online at multiple places, including bestbuy. just put your friends adress down for the billing adress.

In the past i've actually been able to use a non canadian creditcard online at multiple places, including bestbuy. just put your friends adress down for the billing adress.

Yeah okay I'll try it. Bestbuy specifically states that the payment won't be processed if the billing address of the card doesn't match the one on file, but Walmart doesn't, so I'll try it there. Otherwise I still have around 2 weeks or so till my friends leave. Hope Amazon gets in back in stock till then.

RS4-

I had a hard time searching for information on this set. I believe it goes under a different model number in the rest of the world. I can't remember what it was though.

After doing my research I decided not to go with it and went with the XBR 49x800d instead. It's a 49" set but a better display.

Ku6300. Just slight different between Costco, best buy etc.

espher

I had been looking at the 6000 series when the sale prices were $1,200 and iirc the reviews were pretty middling (not bad, not great). It seems there's a big jump in quality in a lot of categories between the two 'lower' tiers (6000/7000) and the 8000 tier. I looked at the 6000 series and thought it looked absolutely fine, but then went to another retailer and saw the 8000 series and there was definitely a marked difference.

That being said the 6000 series is literally half the price of the 8000 and is apparently one of the better units in that price range, so if you're not super picky, I don't think it's a bad buy.

6000 Series: http://ca.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ku6300
8000 Series: http://ca.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ks8000

Yasumi

Banned
Says it's shipping today on the main order page, says this when I go to order details. Making me anxious, Amazon.

LYh5Xo0.jpg

Zeeman

Hmm, got my new Bell Fibe Internet yesterday and neither my 3DS nor my Wii U will connect to it. Anyone have any experience with it?

Jashobeam

my FFXV amazon order says preparing shipment and my card was charged, I'm not a prime member but hopefully I get before the weekend, I'm hopeful.

Speaker Deal

Kanto YUMI Powered Speakers on Shop.ca for $270 a pair. Lowest I've ever seen them at.

https://www.shop.ca/c/kanto-yumi-po...d-bluetooth-technology-yumi-speakers-25044242

- built in dac/amp
- bluetooth
- multiple ins
- sub out
- remote control

If I hadn't bought my JBL's a couple of weeks ago...I would have been all over these.

By comparison my lsr305's cost $440, no blue tooth, limited inputs, no sub out, and no remote and I had to buy a separate dac.

Zeos did a video review on them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVMqn8ptEz8

If you need speakers for your desk, or to upgrade your new TV's speakers...JUMP at these.

EDIT: And Kanto's a Canadian company based out of BC with great customer service.

BadWolf

Have free shipping for FFXV and it's saying it will ship today.

I started playing Yakuza 5 yesterday thinking that XV won't be coming till at least next week -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom