• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fularu

Banned
My last FS preorder is Zelda, but it has been converted to a BB one a while ago. They even made a mistake while doing it (since they couldn't change the shipping adress and the credit card) and my now order is for 25.99$ (according to the bestbuy cleck who asked their hotline about it). I hope they don't screw up again by sending me two copies like they did with Dragon Quest 7 (and probably will for Dragon Quest 8 in january).

Won't complain though. Will just return the extra copy like I did with DQ7

Madness

Would you bros go physical or digital for Red Dead Redemption 2? I've always bought physical or LE for Rockstar games, they go all out with maps and whatnot. But the utility of digital so much better these days. I do have like $35 eb games credit to use so physical price will be down, but still leaning to digital.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
My last FS preorder is Zelda, but it has been converted to a BB one a while ago. They even made a mistake while doing it (since they couldn't change the shipping adress and the credit card) and my now order is for 25.99$ (according to the bestbuy cleck who asked their hotline about it). I hope they don't screw up again by sending me two copies like they did with Dragon Quest 7 (and probably will for Dragon Quest 8 in january).

Won't complain though. Will just return the extra copy like I did with DQ7

What a cooincidence that you always get all the price errors and incompetent CSRs.

Lucky you huh?

Apples_89

Just a heads up that Amazon's preorder price for Resident Evil 7 has changed to $50. I ordered during the E3 sale, but my total order discount isn't adding up. If any of you are in the same boat, it may be worth talking to CS because the 20% off should still apply to this new price. If so, what a steal!

BadWolf

Just a heads up that Amazon's preorder price for Resident Evil 7 has changed to $50. I ordered during the E3 sale, but my total order discount isn't adding up. If any of you are in the same boat, it may be worth talking to CS because the 20% off should still apply to this new price. If so, what a steal!

Yo, we're on a roll here O_O

Would you bros go physical or digital for Red Dead Redemption 2? I've always bought physical or LE for Rockstar games, they go all out with maps and whatnot. But the utility of digital so much better these days. I do have like $35 eb games credit to use so physical price will be down, but still leaning to digital.

I would never go digital for anything.

Lexxism

There were people who cancelled their Amazon order and just went with Walmart. Just suck for the extra 30% off

My E3 30% pre-order promo for For Honor had the price drop immediately. I contacted them through chat to get it reduced and they told me it already had. Check my order and it had.

RS4-

Hahahaha. So since I couldn't get a hold of them over the phone, I sent them an email.

So what do they tell me? They can't even find it.

Madness

There were people who cancelled their Amazon order and just went with Walmart. Just suck for the extra 30% off

Amazon rep gave me free 1 day shipping for Mass Effect Andromeda and made price 48.99 but this is my worry. My order no longer has price and 30% guarantee so no way for me to know if price goes from $79.99 to say $64.99 for a bit because my price only shows $48.99 etc.

I would never go digital for anything.

I feel you. I liked physical too. But the installing of games, having to swap discs etc. Digital just click between etc. Just curious whether I should do physical or digital for Red Dead Redemption 2.

Good luck. Their new policy for pre-orders as of this year is that you don't get 20% off the lowest price, but the original MSRP. That's why prices don't auto-adjust on new orders.

Amazon rep gave me free 1 day shipping for Mass Effect Andromeda and made price 48.99 but this is my worry. My order no longer has price and 30% guarantee so no way for me to know if price goes from $79.99 to say $64.99 for a bit because my price only shows $48.99 etc.

I feel you. I liked physical too. But the installing of games, having to swap discs etc. Digital just click between etc. Just curious whether I should do physical or digital for Red Dead Redemption 2.

I expect a nice full-color manual and a map so that could be neat.

When rdr 2 comes out...it'll be the only thing I'll be playing so it'll be the only disc in there. So just as convenient as digital. ;)

Vinc

Future Shop FF order was charged on Friday, but I didn't get a shipping email yet. Also, my order number can't be found on the site since FS closed, but I did keep getting emails about the release date being incoming ever two weeks ever since I preordered in 2013. Hope I get the shipping email soon.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Best Buy has $10 off $100 online with VISA Checkout, so about 10% off if you hit the threshold.

I was trying yesterday when there was a US thread about Visa checkout and it wasn't working in Canada.

Now it's up? Hmmm. The US Visa deal was 20 bucks off, what gives, Canada? Our dollar is worth less and you give us the smaller discount?

Apples_89

Good luck. Their new policy for pre-orders as of this year is that you don't get 20% off the lowest price, but the original MSRP. That's why prices don't auto-adjust on new orders.
Talked to their CS and I was told that their promotions team will be manually adjusting it to include the additional 20% within the next 24hrs, so we'll see.

Looks like South Park and For Honour (as previoisly mentioned) also have been reduced to $50. I had those on the E3 order from 2 years ago (30% off list price) and those discounts look to have stacked seamlessly. Seems like they're not adhering well to their new policy...can't complain! We're getting better deals than the states at this rate.

Fularu

Banned
What a cooincidence that you always get all the price errors and incompetent CSRs.

Lucky you huh?

Yes because asking someone to change the shipping address should totaly mean they have to make a new order and it's totally my job, on the phone, to make sure they apply the correct price (hint, they don't, you get charged the full amount at shipping and they refund you the difference).

Problem lies with BestBuy's shitty web/order system, not with the poor clerks having to fight through it in order to do the most mundane task (like, change billing information, shipping information or, god forbid, cancel an order, which they seem to not be able to at all)

Nah, the most logical explanation is that I have psychic powers masking the real info from them and getting huge discounts through the power of sheer will.

You unmasked me

BadWolf

It's more like $300, but the VG248QE is my go to recommendation around that price range. 144hz, good monitor.

http://m.canadacomputers.com/mobile/itemid/057347

I've had it for over a year, and it's awesome. I do sometimes yearn for g-sync, but this is also very very good at 144hz, also 1ms response time is godly.

can't go wrong!

I have had the Asus VH236H for 6 years now and it still works as good as new.

Would the VG248QE be a big upgrade over it?

Stage On

No 30% off pre-order sales like last year, and very few new deals for Cyber Monday. The Walmart $50 pre-orders on specific games and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE for $34.99 are the only things that stood out to me.

Not having any upfront discount on most games anymore unless you have prime is going to really suck.

That 30% off at E3 and Cyber monday on preorders took me way way further then I ever could have otherwise.

terrible

Banned
I like my $200 monitor. It's a Benq RL2455HM. Works fine for PS4, Xbox, and PC gaming.

Pros:
Very little input lag
$200

Cons:
60hz
TN panel so not the best picture

Hi, any Cyber Monday deals on 128 GB USB Flash drive, or 2 TB HDD for PS4?

Have these ordered on Amazon, curious if there is a better deal out there

Maddog

Hi, any Cyber Monday deals on 128 GB USB Flash drive, or 2 TB HDD for PS4?

Have these ordered on Amazon, curious if there is a better deal out there

The Source has a 2TB Western Digital for $99. Find a $1 filler item and use the $25 off code you get when you sign up for the email list.

N° 2048

Fingers crossed my Final Fantasy XV gets shipped via Amazon's own carrier. Usually Amazon's own carrier gets to my place by Noon.

Knowing Dynamex they'll probably leave it in the middle of the road around 8pm.

CRA5H

Fingers crossed my Final Fantasy XV gets shipped via Amazon's own carrier. Usually Amazon's own carrier gets to my place by Noon.

Knowing Dynamex they'll probably leave it in the middle of the road around 8pm.
Nothing but bad experiences with Dynamex. But Amazon's own service... not a single complaint.

Fucking Canada Post strikes again

Instead of delivering my jersey to my door, they wedged it into our small mailbox. Of course, there are four big, oversized boxes available at the same mailbox.

The guy is on my street delivering door to door (boxes and whatnot). I saw him as I drove by. It was tempting to stop and talk to him, but I didn't.

BadHand

Has anyone's BB/FS order of FFXV not yet shipped or card been charged? Usually I get charged a few days in advance and get shipped by now.

Does buying a gamespot PC download work for Canadians? Thinking of getting Hitman first season for $20 CDN.

I tried, and no, I couldn't get it to work. For some reason Gamestop always thinks my billing address is incorrect even though I changed it to an American address everywhere I could think of that wasn't permanent.

this isnt really the place, but do yall have any good ideas on speakers around the 50$ mark that I can play my vinyl through?

Im also open to guitar cabs

Edit: What I own now are a Sylvania SHTIB1046-BT 2.1 Bluetooth Home/Computer Speaker System though I dont find it clear enough. Im looking to get that same quality sound I used to get with my Randall 100wt amp

MegaPanda

Has anyone's BB/FS order of FFXV not yet shipped or card been charged? Usually I get charged a few days in advance and get shipped by now.

Got an authorization charge on my Paypal on Friday. Still haven't gotten a shipping email.
Ordered the Deluxe edition from BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom