• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canada Post is making me nervous. My X800D 4K TV is suppose to be delivered today, but tracking hasn't updated since Tuesday...

It still says "in transit". Should I even hold my breath?

What's the difference between powered and passive? Also Amazon has them for $280.

Powered, you plug them right in. No amplifier needed as it's built right in. Passive are speakers that need to be run with a amp/receiver.

On these speakers you're plugging the left speaker into an outlet. It has the built in dac/amp and all the controlls and inputs on it. Then you're running speaker cable to the right speaker which happens to be passive and doesn't need to be plugged in.

All cables come with the speakers by the way. You won't need anything else unless you want to add a sub which is also on sale at shop.ca for $220 (Kanto Sub8).

A look at the back of the speaker with all the inputs...

YUMI_MW_Backs_RFX.jpg

Canada Post is making me nervous. My X800D 4K TV is suppose to be delivered today, but tracking hasn't updated since Tuesday...

It still says "in transit". Should I even hold my breath?

Has it reached Item Processed yet?

Usually after that I get an out for delivery. I have a TV arriving from Best Buy and it hasn't gone out for delivery today. It's expected to be though.

My X800D has been great as well. Good choice.

Kyolux

Future shop FFXV shipped this morning. My amazon order ships Today.

Still odds are I'll get my hands on the amazon copy first. Stupid do not safe drop policy. I know it's useful to some, but not to me.

Has it reached Item Processed yet?

Usually after that I get an out for delivery. I have a TV arriving from Best Buy and it hasn't gone out for delivery today. It's expected to be though.

My X800D has been great as well. Good choice.

Like processed here in Toronto? No. It was processed in Calgary where it shipped from on Tuesday but that's the last update.

And yeah I'm excited to get the set which is why I'll be bummed if it doesn't arrive today!

Mupod

The talk I end up having with a best buy employee about this Zelda Wii U FS order from a hundred years ago is gonna be awkward.

Like processed here in Toronto? No. It was processed in Calgary where it shipped from on Tuesday but that's the last update.

And yeah I'm excited to get the set which is why I'll be bummed if it doesn't arrive today!

Yeah, I don't think it's arriving today based on that. You would have at least had an Item Processed locally first.

Haines

Banned
Jumped on rare replay for 10 bucks physical at amazon.ca

I loved rare back in the day and was always just waiting for it to get dirt cheap.

Dazzler

Man futureshop at least around where I live was infinitely better than best buy

I miss going there and just walking around checking out stuff :(

Same, I had one quite close to my apartment (it's not become a Bed, Bath and Beyond) now my closest option is an EB Games (barf)

jstripes

Banned

Yup. Also, as annoying as Future Shop clerks were, at least they paid attention to you. You can stand in one spot at Best Buy, staring down clerks, for a whole hour without anyone coming to assist you.

Madness

Same. It is crazy how American industry completely dominates every facet of Canada now. I used to work for Best Buy. As it wasn't commissions based, while I was very knowledgeable about tv and home theatre, they would hire every tom, dick and sally off the street to sell and get them to push Monster cable or service plans. Future Shop always had far more knowledgeable sales staff and don't be fooled, at Best Buy we were told to say ph we're not on commission so don't think we're trying to upsell you like FS or Visions etc.

zroid

Banned
Oh my fuck Game of Thrones seasons 1-6 blu-ray at Amazon for $120

that's tempting AS SHIT

... but i'm still gonna wait for the full series. arrrgh

Oh my fuck Game of Thrones seasons 1-6 blu-ray at Amazon for $120

that's tempting AS SHIT

... but i'm still gonna wait for the full series. arrrgh

Wow. I should have done the same. Wasn't thinking. Five season in now and I'll be coughing up for season 6 shortly. What's worse is they packaged Blu-ray with DVD from seasons 2-5 and with season 6, decided to ditch the DVDs. So it's not a very uniform collection.

Got my FFXV future shop preorder sorted. Somehow the lady I talked to this time at best buy knew exactly what to do, took maybe 5 minutes.

$39.99, end of an era. Should ship shortly. Woot!

Big Chungus

Are there two SKU's for the regular edition at Best Buy or is it just the Day One Edition?

Just wondering since I don't want to wait for my copy to arrive in the mail a day late and want to pull a switcheroo at my local Best Buy.

Are there no cyber Monday deals for us? There seems to be 0 discussion about it lol

No 30% off pre-order sales like last year, and very few new deals for Cyber Monday. The Walmart $50 pre-orders on specific games and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE for $34.99 are the only things that stood out to me.

zroid

Banned
Wow. I should have done the same. Wasn't thinking. Five season in now and I'll be coughing up for season 6 shortly. What's worse is they packaged Blu-ray with DVD from seasons 2-5 and with season 6, decided to ditch the DVDs. So it's not a very uniform collection.

I've been burned before by buying seasons/movies individually rather than waiting for complete sets (both in terms of cost and organization), so I wasn't going to let it happen with GoT.

the fact i'm still so tempted to order this S1-6 set says a lot. :lol

i already made it this far though, so I'm gonna ride it out for the complete series :')

I find myself really wanting to play through Final Fantasy XV -- unlike earlier, as I'd planned to skip it -- but the price is really offputting.

Ohhhhhhh shit I'm out for delivery!

Downside is the bestbuy codes are still NFG.

On a side note I found a "new" 3dsxl with 5 games on letgo for $100 even I'm gonna flip the shit outta this, mk7, fantasy life, bravely default, majoras mask, megaman legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom