• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if you don't like to setup electronics for the same reason as me (i.e. never ending fingerprints and scratches on glossy plastic), but the matte finish of the Pro makes it pretty easy to move around without any effort!

I used to be able to do it without issue, but now I get so worried that I'll mark the console or scratch it, or even get fingerprints on it, that it's hard for me. Even plugging the wires into the back is tough due to the stupid OCD.

It's dumb.

If you don't mind me asking, does your OCD spike up to a heightened degree on some days, and it's not too bad on others, or is it consistently the same?

It spikes. Throughout my high school years it wasn't very bad, then it got worse again during college and hasn't really let up. But each day is different.

Yasumi

Banned
How many people with "Being shipped today" status are using free shipping? I'm hoping mine will ship sooner than December 2nd.

It's really annoying that Best Buy ships out Blurays with no tracking number. The value of the Blu Rays I ordered was more than the game I bought yet they don't prioritize tracking on them.

I'm using prime shipping and I'm in the same boat :(

prime shipping here too

f96a259053.png

This is fun. The 4k TV I ordered last week is lost in the mail. Canada Post says there's a truck arrive in Toronto tonight that it "may" be on so it "may" arrive tomorrow. Tracking hasn't updated for 7 days now. Funnnn.

At least London Drugs was nice and said to contact them tomorrow if it doesn't arrive and we can figure something out, but of course the one time I buy a even mildly expensive item online instead of in store, this happens.

Firestorm

FFXV shipped from Future Shop but it's not the end of that era because I still have Kingdom Hearts 3 pre-ordered through them.

Imma get Future Shop emails for a looong time.

This is fun. The 4k TV I ordered last week is lost in the mail. Canada Post says there's a truck arrive in Toronto tonight that it "may" be on so it "may" arrive tomorrow. Tracking hasn't updated for 7 days now. Funnnn.

At least London Drugs was nice and said to contact them tomorrow if it doesn't arrive and we can figure something out, but of course the one time I buy a even mildly expensive item online instead of in store, this happens.

I'm going through this right now with a tablet I bought from Amazon.com. It got to Columbus, Ohio more than a week ago via Landmark and hasn't moved an inch since.

Just noticed cdkeys.com put up Diablo 3 Battle Chest for 26.99$ CAD and includes the base game + expansion. Also 10% off today with their promo CDKEYSCYBER10 making it 24.29%. Seems like a good deal especially since Blizzard is selling it for 29.99$ US.

NYR

Anyone ever return a game from Best Buy to Amazon?

I ordered Final Fantasy and got it a day early from Amazon. Can I return my second copy coming from Best Buy to Amazon?

Luigi87

Anyone ever return a game from Best Buy to Amazon?

I ordered Final Fantasy and got it a day early from Amazon. Can I return my second copy coming from Best Buy to Amazon?

Generally you should have no problem as long as it's the same version (which it should be).
Only the rare time with retailer exclusive DLC inside does it pose in impossibility.

ahdurian

so who has ordered from the SE store before?
I'm one of the (un)lucky ones who got an order for the FFXV CE, but not sure when it's actually shipping. mainly since two weeks ago it said "shipped" even though it just meant that they were taking the payment

since it didn't look like I got an answer, not sure if anyone would know what the SE Store shipping is like

Fularu

Banned
So Canada Post left 4 acks for me on my front door. One with FF XV, one with DragonBall 3DS and two micro SD cards, one with my 750 gb SSD and one with 120$ US worth of cables from the US.

On my front door, with 5 different bus lines passing by my house and a bus stop 20m away.

What the fuck is wrong with the postal worker who thought that was a good idea?

There's a slight tuft of thread or flaw if you will, on the cheap Black Friday jersey I got. Debating whether to return it or not. Trying to just forget about it.

Clive

since it didn't look like I got an answer, not sure if anyone would know what the SE Store shipping is like

I got an email titled "Your Square Enix order number XXXXXXXX is on its way!". Inside the email was a tracking link to USPS that worked.

FF15 arrived today from Amazon.

Goodbye world.

Good thing I bought
DOOM
Bioshock Collection
MM Collection
Bound
DQ Builders
Tomb Raider
TMS FE

this weekend so I can ignore all of them.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I'll get my guide from Amazon faster...

I expect my guide to arrive first too, which... I kind of don't mind. I got charged by Amazon today though for both the guide and game, hopefully 'preparing for shipment' updates tomorrow morning or overnight.

---

Also had to do my part in adding to the FF talk.

Vinc

Anyone still waiting on a shipment notice for FFXV from Future Shop or Best Buy? 2013 order here. Was charged on Friday but still no shipping email.

Gxgear

For those who got their FF15 early, is it the standard case?

Yes if you're talking about the Day One edition, thank god.

So with FFXV fulfilled, my FS preorders that remain:
Kingdom Hearts 3
Warrior's Lair (RIP)
Deep Down (RIP in pepperoni)
The Dark Sorcerer (RIP in peace)
The Last Guardian (GrrrrrRIP since it's for PS3 and FS forced people off that order)

big_z

Anyone still waiting on a shipment notice for FFXV from Future Shop or Best Buy? 2013 order here. Was charged on Friday but still no shipping email.

I got both copies today, shipped Friday. Check the order itself, some times shipping emails don't go out on time.

Vinc

I got both copies today, shipped Friday. Check the order itself, some times shipping emails don't go out on time.

Order doesn't work for tracking. Not sure why, but I still did get the "shipping soon" emails every two weeks without fail, and my CC was charged on Friday.

Yasumi

Banned
Just got my shipping notification too, set to arrive tomorrow (non-Prime, previously said it'd ship on December 2nd). Can't wait.

chrono01

I sent EBGames an email, asking why my copy hasn't shipped yet. I'm paying express shipping for this, damn it! If I don't receive it tomorrow...

I hate Best Buy so much right now. Why is it so hard to ship things on time? Like 80% of the games I order no matter where I order from come days after release.

Whatever, guess I'll just head to a store and return my shipped copy. *shrug*

ahdurian

I got an email titled "Your Square Enix order number XXXXXXXX is on its way!". Inside the email was a tracking link to USPS that worked.

i was asking mainly because i haven't gotten that e-mail yet =/ but i guess they are sending out the e-mails for it then...maybe i should just contact CS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom