• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

Hm, I knew Amazon switched to a minimum $35 for free shipping for non-Prime, but when did Best Buy switch?

Edit: Also my FS copy of FFXV still hasn't shipped in spite of charging me on Friday, bluh.

For a jersey?

smh

No, for four shipments.

The last four parcels I've received through Canada Post have been wedged into our tiny box in our community mailbox. This includes books.

All of the books were either rolled or bent, and came out damaged (corners, etc.)

It's unnecessary given that there are four oversized boxes at the bottom of the community mailbox.

I've submitted two previous complaints, politely asking for them not to do that and damage my things.

r3n4ud

No, for four shipments.

The last four parcels I've received through Canada Post have been wedged into our tiny box in our community mailbox. This includes books.

All of the books were either rolled or bent, and came out damaged (corners, etc.)

It's unnecessary given that there are four oversized boxes at the bottom of the community mailbox.

I've submitted two previous complaints, politely asking for them not to do that and damage my things.
Haul your ass down to your post office and tell them this. I had the same issues years ago.

Time to blow off steam at the people working behind the counter. Believe me, your stuff will be placed in the oversized boxes.

I think I will.

How valuable does something need to be before we should expect them to do their jobs properly?

Exactly

The guy was delivering to the house of family friends as I drove by. He could've just dropped it off at my house.

I wouldn't have cared if he had left it at the community mailbox, so long as he'd used the oversized box like he's supposed to.

RiskyGambit

Neo Member
I've got a limited and a future shop preorder that I was charged with for on Friday and haven't heard anything about yet. Really hoping they're just lagging and it goes out tonight.

A friend of mine is going to come over and hang out and also help me set up the Pro. My OCD is getting so bad that I can't bring myself to even open it and set it up, because I'm afraid of damaging it with (nervous) sweaty hands or anything.

Dazzler

A friend of mine is going to come over and hang out and also help me set up the Pro. My OCD is getting so bad that I can't bring myself to even open it and set it up, because I'm afraid of damaging it with (nervous) sweaty hands or anything.

couldn't you use some gloves, chewie? Keep it relatively pristine

Madness

No, for four shipments.

I know what you mean. I used to hate when my Nintendo Power's or players guides would be bent and stuffed like a newspaper in a thin 2 inch opening back in the day etc. Canadian delivery is just horrendous. Don't know how they seem to think community mailboxes will work here, still door to door. The big packages they just ring the doorbell once and drop off in front of door open to the world.

this isnt really the place, but do yall have any good ideas on speakers around the 50$ mark that I can play my vinyl through?

Im also open to guitar cabs

Edit: What I own now are a Sylvania SHTIB1046-BT 2.1 Bluetooth Home/Computer Speaker System though I dont find it clear enough. Im looking to get that same quality sound I used to get with my Randall 100wt amp

Spend more...get these...

https://www.shop.ca/c/kanto-yumi-po...d-bluetooth-technology-yumi-speakers-25044242

Crazy good price. You won't regret it.

couldn't you use some gloves, chewie? Keep it relatively pristine

Yeah, that would be an option if need be. The only gloves we have here are the powdered kind, I believe, so I wouldn't use those. I'd maybe need to buy some.

But if he's willing to set it up, that'll be fine because I'll never move it.

I pushed myself to set something else up recently, and my nerves became shot. I was drenched in sweat. It's bad.

I know what you mean. I used to hate when my Nintendo Power's or players guides would be bent and stuffed like a newspaper in a thin 2 inch opening back in the day etc. Canadian delivery is just horrendous. Don't know how they seem to think community mailboxes will work here, still door to door. The big packages they just ring the doorbell once and drop off in front of door open to the world.

Yeah...these are colouring books, but still. I like to collect them and keep them in good shape.

I worry mostly about if I order something more expensive and it gets wedged in like that.

antibolo

Banned
I for one am glad that I can have most stuff delivered to my workplace.

I only make exceptions for international orders where I suspect I might get hit with customs fees on delivery, cause that can be awkward.

I got past the address entry part but using a https://www.borderlinx.com made US address. Just deciding if i will actually have time to play it.

I decided to give it another shot now that the full experience is back on sale. Turns out I can't use a credit card when paying with PayPal, but I CAN use my bank account. That solved the address issue.

Now I have to decide if I also want Rise of the Tomb Raider.

YAS FF is in hand, codes from best buy codes are still nfg, code in box is nfg.

and weirdly the artbook thing I got an e-mail about a few days ago did not come with?

Cake Boss

Banned
Rogers got a crazy plan offering for BYOP for Quebec residents. 7GB for only 62$ and is eligible for a corporate discount depending who you work for. Mine is 30% off. Talked to roger rep in store at lunch, going to change after work.

Dazzler

Rogers got a crazy plan offering for BYOP for Quebec residents. 7GB for only 62$ and is eligible for a corporate discount depending who you work for. Mine is 30% off. Talked to roger rep in store at lunch, going to change after work.

fuck this county's cell phone providers

This + Car Insurance in this damn province (Ontario)

Car insurance can be bad but...

When I turned 25 and got married in the same year, my insurance went down a massive amount. I brought it down to less than half it's original amount in the span of 3 years by getting a DriveSync device to prove I don't drive much.

a916

Is Super Mario 3D Land for the 3DS just sold out everywhere? Amazon has it shipping out in 2 months and Best Buy won't show stock in stores.

How valuable does something need to be before we should expect them to do their jobs properly?

QFT.

I mean it's kind of expected for you to get the item you asked for in the state you asked for it in...

killroy87

It blows me away that differing promotions based on province is even legal. It seems like the kind of thing that shouldn't be allowed.

Fularu

Banned

That plan was 57$ in august.

My monthly bill is 39.90$ now

Ugh, Gamestop US orders for Hitman and Rise of the Tomb Raider cancelled. I'm done with this, it's way too much trouble to actually get the stupid deal. Nonsensical region lockouts suck.

Hedgey

sxCPw.png

Amazon pls ;___;

stolin

What's the deal ? Anyone else not getting delivery on this one ?

Order placed: June 17, 2015
Delivery estimate: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 - Friday, December 9, 2016 by 8:00pm
Final Fantasy XV PS4

Riptwo

I'm not sure if you don't like to setup electronics for the same reason as me (i.e. never ending fingerprints and scratches on glossy plastic), but the matte finish of the Pro makes it pretty easy to move around without any effort!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Your friend might scratch it. Call Geek Squad I hear they are experts at installing electronics.

Quick

Banned

If you don't mind me asking, does your OCD spike up to a heightened degree on some days, and it's not too bad on others, or is it consistently the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom