• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Thanks for the responses!

I already have a hard drive dock like the one above. I'm having issues with my hard drive actually reading certain files though (not sure how bad the issue is). Of the two options (cloning the drive or contacting support and installing a fresh copy of windows 10) I'm honestly leaning towards the latter. Seems like it'd be easier and less time consuming.

The question then becomes... how do you even install a fresh copy of Windows 10 onto an empty hard drive? I've honestly only upgraded. I'm assuming I just burn a dvd or put it on a USB drive, but I'm curious if I should put the hard drive in my laptop first or do it externally (if such a thing is possible). Is there a way to see what my Windows product key is? Don't you need one to have it properly installed?

These are probably really dumb questions...
You need to make sure you have a retail key of Windows 10, which you should have if you upgraded from a retail Windows 8.

If it was an OEM copy, I'm not sure if you need to install that first (using your OEM disks that came with the computer) and then upgrade to 10 again or if they just convert OEM keys to retail when you make that first upgrade (since I guess technically Windows 10 isn't free anymore?).

If you are wiping and starting over, you should just put the drive into your computer and install it that way. You can get official ISOs from Microsoft (or make a USB key if you wanted to go that route).

It was $50 at Shoppers until yesterday. I'm pretty sure the sale is over now.

Nice it's still on 'till tonight! Hopefully I can grab one on my break

Thanks!

Edit: Hopefully it's the new one or else i'll skip and wait.

Second Edit: I believe the shoppers next to my office doesn't have electronics since their flyer doesn't show the sale. Although it's shown on the one close to my house..
You guys think bestbuy is going to price match from the flyer online? It doesnt show the model or sku or anything

Lexxism

Nice it's still on 'till tonight! Hopefully I can grab one on my break

Thanks!

Edit: Hopefully it's the new one or else i'll skip and wait.

Second Edit: I believe the shoppers next to my office doesn't have electronics since their flyer doesn't show the sale. Although it's shown on the one close to my house..
You guys think bestbuy is going to price match from the flyer online? It doesnt show the model or sku or anything
BB became really strict on this. I bet they might call the nearest shoppers to check if they have any stocks left. If it does, that's when they will match it

Kazerei

Banned
If anyone in Markham is looking for those Zelda amiibo, I'm at the Markville Walmart and I see 3x Toon Link + Zelda, 6x 8bit Link, 9x OOT Link. They also have 4x Gold Mario. So it's not impossible yet to find in stores. Thankfully the amiibo craze has passed.

Sealtest

Just preordered my switch in Windsor at ebgames.

It's just a placeholder currently priced at $999.99 but he's hoping my name will auto switch when the real one goes up. If not he'll have to manually change it and make sure I'm first in line on the real preorder.

etta

my hard graphic balls
KS8000 now $200 USD more, brings it to ~$1700 CAD after everything ;_;

*Edges closer to the X800D.*

etta

my hard graphic balls
For what it's worth, I just got the 43" x800d yesterday and it looks fantastic.
Yea, if I get the Sony, it's cheaper so I can upgrade sooner as well, in 2-3 years when HDR standardizes in games and that dynamic metadata stuff is added.

Renewed

Just got this, I guess because I bought a PS4? Or maybe just a random thing to get me to spend in the PS Store. I guess small DLC stuffs is an option?

zNHpu4p.jpg

Just got this, I guess because I bought a PS4? Or maybe just a random thing to get me to spend in the PS Store. I guess small DLC stuffs is an option?

Oh, I hope they are sending out a new wave of these. Maybe they sent out the other wave early and this was supposed to go out around PSX.

Ugghhhh, Bestbuy still hasn't refunded the discount credit for ffxv, and lthe last guardian, and 2 different copies od dead rising 4 all shipped but were charged the wrong price from amazon. I really didn't want to spend an hour on tech support tonight.

Sealtest

Looking at the new EB Edge rewards benefits I noticed they finally got rid of the "first in line" benefit they had. Guess enough people complained how it was unfair they did that.

Looking at the new EB Edge rewards benefits I noticed they finally got rid of the "first in line" benefit they had. Guess enough people complained how it was unfair they did that.

Pretty much the only practical reason for it though, unless you make trades a lot. Also perfectly fit with their insane up-selling system.

frequency

I don't know if I'm missing something or if this is just racist. I'm feeling pretty unhappy about it and am hoping I'm just misunderstanding something. A package was delivered by UPS today and tracking says it was received by "CHONG".

That's not our name. Not even close.

It's not the first time this has happened.

Please tell me I'm just misunderstanding.

I don't know if I'm missing something or if this is just racist. I'm feeling pretty unhappy about it and am hoping I'm just misunderstanding something. A package was delivered by UPS today and tracking says it was received by "CHONG".

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you guys are Asian? In which case.... yeah that could be some weird ass racist shit.

Animal

Banned
Went to my local EB to pre-order a Nintendo Switch thanks to this thread. The current listed price in their system is 1000$ so they asked for 50$ pre-pay minimum as a result.

Maximus.

I would complain over that shit. That is disgusting.

My friend wants to get a PS4 for $300 or less. Apparently the best he could find was $329.99 on Black Friday, with Uncharted, which he doesn't think he has time for.

Best bet is to wait for Boxing Day, right? There are no good deals right now.

Hopefully I'll get the free $10 soon.

No_Style

My friend wants to get a PS4 for $300 or less. Apparently the best he could find was $329.99 on Black Friday, with Uncharted, which he doesn't think he has time for.

It's still that price @ BestBuy and Amazon.ca. Amazon.ca comes with 12 months is PS+ too.

If you know someone with an Onyx Edge Card he could get a used one for around $310 after taxes at EB Games

theRizzle

Are you Asian and/or really stoned when you answer the door? If no, could be a legitimate mistake. If yes, probably not a mistake.

It's still that price @ BestBuy and Amazon.ca. Amazon.ca comes with 12 months is PS+ too.

Thanks. I don't know if he noticed that.

The thing is: He's not a huge gamer and works a ton. I think he'd prefer to get the NHL bundle, and he didn't know Plus was necessary until I told him tonight.

I can let him know, though. It is a good deal.

If you know someone with an Onyx Edge Card he could get a used one for around $310 after taxes at EB Games

Thanks

He doesn't want to go used because there's not much of a warranty.

FrsDvl

Intelcom might suck, but hey I got $10 credit from Amazon at least. So that's nice. Maybe I should just be excited about Intelcom deliveries from now on, as I always get some credit from Amazon when they use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom