• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Anyone know the amount of trade you get for a Xbox One S - 500gb and Battlefield 1 at ebgames towards a PS4 Pro?

DayEnder

Anyone know the amount of trade you get for a Xbox One S - 500gb and Battlefield 1 at ebgames towards a PS4 Pro?

Minimum $200 for the system. You might get another $15-20 for the game.

https://www.ebgames.ca/Recycled Offers/

Fast Track to PS4 Pro
Offer Ends January 1
Customers interested in upgrading to a PlayStation 4 Pro will receive minimum $200 when they trade either a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One console!

Sora_N

I traded in some garbage games along with my own UC4. I had to pay about 67 bucks but had a $50 gift visa so paid only bit out of pocket for this upgrade. :)

Hope the slim is quiet.

Tapejara

New Deal

30% off Origin Store purchase with code GIFTOFPLAY

EXCLUDES THE SIMS™ 4 VINTAGE GLAMOUR STUFF PACK, STAR WARS™ THE OLD REPUBLIC™, PRE-ORDERS, SELECT PARTNER TITLES DISTRIBUTED BY ORIGIN, VIRTUAL CURRENCY, GAME TIME CODES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS. VALID WHEREVER PRODUCTS ARE SOLD.

Valid until December 13th @ 8pm PST.

kswiston

someone on my twitter brought up something

was the sega saturn ever sold in canada?

do you remember where?

Most stores that sold game consoles?

I got one at launch from Toy R Us for $529 + tax :p

EDIT: The version bundled with Virtua Fighter 1 to be specific.

EDIT2:

K7gGcuN.jpg

SickBoy

do you remember where?

Almost everywhere. Most of the game shopping I did back in the day would have been Walmart, Toys R Us and local game stores, which all stocked it. (No EB here back then).

I'm curious, what's the question/issue that emerged on your Twitter feed?

(EDIT: I think I bought mine at Walmart with my brother's staff discount -- I pretty much had to have one after seeing VF2 in person and after they cut the price)

Ok so set everything up... I guess it's new. The box inside the outer box (the white one) didn't have a seal. Was it supposed to? I just opened it and pulled out the content and it all seems new

kswiston

If we missed out on any sort-of major console, it wasn't from Sega. My foolish 12 year old self bought at 32x at launch as well.

Almost everywhere. Most of the game shopping I did back in the day would have been Walmart, Toys R Us and local game stores, which all stocked it. (No EB here back then).

(EDIT: I think I bought mine at Walmart with my brother's staff discount -- I pretty much had to have one after seeing VF2 in person and after they cut the price)

https://twitter.com/TannerLPer/status/807684871434960896 it was this

schlew

Ok so set everything up... I guess it's new. The box inside the outer box (the white one) didn't have a seal. Was it supposed to? I just opened it and pulled out the content and it all seems new

Yeah, the only sticker was one that connected the thin Uncharted 4 branded sleeve to the big, white cardboard box. That white box had no stickers.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

I clearly remember Canadian Tire having clearance sales for the CD and 32X games to make room for it.

RS4-

Yeah bought my Saturn at EB at Fairview mall when it came out. Then I returned it a week later, as I only had the demo disc that came with it and the only game I really wanted was VF.

And yeah, Radioshack, CT, etc back in the day had those systems set up for you to play at the store. The Radioshack at Eatons usually had a TG16. There used to be a video game store outside of Eatons where East Side Marios is I think? They'd have systems set up there, almost like a bootleg arcade.

gonna ask this here:

I restored my data to my 500 GB HDD.

but then I installed my 2 TB HDD. I didn't wipe the 500 GB HDD.

Can I wipe that 500 GB HDD as external storage, on a computer? Or do I need to do it on the PS4?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Starting to get a little frustrated at Best Buy not restocking the 43" X800D...
Should I go with the 49" IPS, or wait a liltte more?

BTails

Saturn not sold in Canada? Man, I feel old now!! Also, Canadian Tire is crazy right now with their 20x Canadian Tire money day. Been in line for 10-15min so far, and I'm only halfway to the till!

When I started working at my Blockbuster we still had the Sega Saturn rental units. I think a couple eventually were thrown out before I could get my hands on them. Ugh.

I ended up buying one for $75 anyway.

I love my 49". No issue with the black level for me.

farisr

When I was looking for a TV and was interested in that one, I actually bookmarked the best buy page for that model and would basically check it every few hours. It took ages for it to come back in stock. And whenever it would, it would only be like 10-15 units. Same thing for the 49 inch ks8000 which is almost always out of stock as well though not as often as the 43 inch x800d

Question for the computer guys. I was playing a game last night and my screen became a bunch of lines. Shut it down, removed my video card, and restarted.

Now that I've identified the culprit, is there any way to fix this (I'm not baking it), or should I be hoping for Boxing Day deals on new video cards?

(It's out of warranty but I got 4 good years out of it.)

kennah

Question for the computer guys. I was playing a game last night and my screen became a bunch of lines. Shut it down, removed my video card, and restarted.

Now that I've identified the culprit, is there any way to fix this (I'm not baking it), or should I be hoping for Boxing Day deals on new video cards?

What's your budget? Boxing Day hasn't been worth waiting for the last couple years and there are actually some stellar deals this week on the higher end cards

etta

my hard graphic balls
I love my 49". No issue with the black level for me.
Yea it would probably be a significant upgrade over my current TV regardless.

When I was looking for a TV and was interested in that one, I actually bookmarked the best buy page for that model and would basically check it every few hours. It took ages for it to come back in stock. And whenever it would, it would only be like 10-15 units. Same thing for the 49 inch ks8000 which is almost always out of stock as well though not as often as the 43 inch x800d
That's probably what's happening with this, too. They are probably restocking for online only and selling out really fast. Problem is I can't really check during the day while at work, unless maybe I'll have to use my phone to buy it, ughhh.

-Deimos

Even if you bake it or use a heatgun, the problem will come back eventually. Start looking for deals.

antibolo

Banned
Pretty much every retailer that dealt in video games sold it. And there were ads on TV.

If you wanna discuss a console that may not have had any official distribution channels in Canada, try the Neo Geo or something.

What's your budget? Boxing Day hasn't been worth waiting for the last couple years and there are actually some stellar deals this week on the higher end cards

I'll probably get something mid range since my CPU is the bottleneck now (i3). A 1060 maybe? Haven't been following the newest stuff.

Yeah bought my Saturn at EB at Fairview mall when it came out. Then I returned it a week later, as I only had the demo disc that came with it and the only game I really wanted was VF.

And yeah, Radioshack, CT, etc back in the day had those systems set up for you to play at the store. The Radioshack at Eatons usually had a TG16. There used to be a video game store outside of Eatons where East Side Marios is I think? They'd have systems set up there, almost like a bootleg arcade.

Anyone remember the name of this store? I'm nostalgic towards it, I remember they had a Neo Geo cabinet too.

Deal?

Fairy Fencer F: Advent dark Force https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0194M6C0G/ref=gbps_img_s-3_edbe_63ce8011?pf_rd_p=e12789af-47d7-4944-b850-55f9ad5dedbe&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_r=MXKFBW35KWGAPFDHH4SM

And

Uncharted 4 special ed https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B014QQBJRG/ref=gbps_img_s-3_edbe_85beff1d?pf_rd_p=e12789af-47d7-4944-b850-55f9ad5dedbe&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_r=MXKFBW35KWGAPFDHH4SM

are both in the amazon lightning deals starting at around 5:30 pst, don't expect "good" sales but realistically maybe 20%, Uncharted could be worth it for anyone that skipped it and wants to get the season pass for the story dlc

kennah

I'll probably get something mid range since my CPU is the bottleneck now (i3). A 1060 maybe? Haven't been following the newest stuff.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...8566&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-%zn

That's a pretty solid offer for a 4Gig card. Can spend $100 more for an 8gig version or a 1060. I'll look around a bit to see if I notice any stellar deals.

EDIT: Scratch that. Grab this 480

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product...b-red-dragon-video-card-axrx-480-4gbd5-3dhdv2

EDIT 2: Neither of those are really on sale, but they're solid if you're going to buy now. The Powercolor 480 is apparently loud.

RS4-

I think they're talking about Video Connections.

I beat Street Fighter II with Dhalsim on their arcade cabinet.

Yeah, VC was it. Should reopen Funland. There was a time or two where I bought games at some factory by Jane & 7 I think. Had a massive sheet with a title list, just check off what you want.

Pretty sure I bought my Gameboy at Consumers.

SickBoy

This just reminds me that every department store I've ever liked in Canada has died :O

Eatons, always preferred it to the Bay... my local mall had both and I remember in the early 80s they had a Vectrex machine on demo at their electronics counter. But even as I got older, I liked it.

Woodwards, as well. I remember them because of the TG16 reference... pretty sure my local Woodwards store had TG16 demo station (and maybe a Genesis, too).

And yes, as I have professed in this thread before, I really liked Target Canada. But it's hard to blame Target's demise on consumers alone... seems like the whole expansion project was terribly run.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
And yes, as I have professed in this thread before, I really liked Target Canada. But it's hard to blame Target's demise on consumers alone... seems like the whole expansion project was terribly run.
They were stupid enough to announce in detail their plans years ahead of coming here so their competitors (mainly Walmart) knew where to target their own expansions.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...8566&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-%zn

That's a pretty solid offer for a 4Gig card. Can spend $100 more for an 8gig version or a 1060. I'll look around a bit to see if I notice any stellar deals.

EDIT: Scratch that. Grab this 480

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product...b-red-dragon-video-card-axrx-480-4gbd5-3dhdv2

EDIT 2: Neither of those are really on sale, but they're solid if you're going to buy now. The Powercolor 480 is apparently loud.

Thanks. My dead card is a Powercolor so I'm a bit hesitant on getting another one haha.

kennah

Thanks. My dead card is a Powercolor so I'm a bit hesitant on getting another one haha.
Looked around a bit more. Ncix has a gigabyte g1 1060 for $299 but it's only the 3gig version. You'd probably be fine but I'm reluctant to recommend a 3 gig card

And I've had cards of every brand die :p. Loud is pretty unacceptable though even for cheap.

Deal?

Fairy Fencer F: Advent dark Force https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0194M6C0G/ref=gbps_img_s-3_edbe_63ce8011?pf_rd_p=e12789af-47d7-4944-b850-55f9ad5dedbe&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_r=MXKFBW35KWGAPFDHH4SM

And

Uncharted 4 special ed https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B014QQBJRG/ref=gbps_img_s-3_edbe_85beff1d?pf_rd_p=e12789af-47d7-4944-b850-55f9ad5dedbe&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_r=MXKFBW35KWGAPFDHH4SM

are both in the amazon lightning deals starting at around 5:30 pst, don't expect "good" sales but realistically maybe 20%, Uncharted could be worth it for anyone that skipped it and wants to get the season pass for the story dlc

Fairy Fencer is 47.70 for %40 off

Uncharted SE is $64.29 a surprisingly nice 36% off makes this a lot more appealing to folks that slept on uncharted 4.

Much better deals than I was expecting.

** My bad seems the SE doesn't include the story dlc? Weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom