• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

killroy87

Selling on Kijiji isn't a trade.

It's for the IQ discriminating gamer as per Sony who said that directly. If that's how you feel about it then why would you even invest in a 4K set?

Lol I didnt say I was unable to appreciate a 4K set, I said the majority of PS4 pro upgrades aren't effective enough to justify the purchase (so far). And agree or disagree, I completely stand by that.

It's not like i bought a 4K tv for the PS4 pro, that would be insane

Dunlop

Just checked on my PS4 and it says I am subscribed to the promotions. Weird. Apparently my email wasn't verified so I did that, so hopefully they send them.

Exact same for me, maybe that was the reason

Not sure how I am able to do a decade of transactions on a non verified email account but whatever lol

bryt

Got it at 9:40pm. The title was:

Edit: it was "What's new this week on PlayStation Store." Not the email that lists your total hours played on PSN.

Ahh, thanks. I'll keep waiting. I got mine at 9:30PM PST last week so I should be getting it anytime now.

Sealtest

WTF. EB had Switch orders already? Damn. That's where I want to order.

For maybe a few hours you could walk into a store and tell them the Sku number and place a preorder for the Switch placeholder priced at $999.99. Most people thought these would be cancelled similar to the Amiibo easter weekend fiasco last year. According to my store I was the only one who preordered early and I did it before HQ sent an email to stop letting people do it.

For maybe a few hours you could walk into a store and tell them the Sku number and place a preorder for the Switch placeholder priced at $999.99. Most people thought these would be cancelled similar to the Amiibo easter weekend fiasco last year. According to my store I was the only one who preordered early and I did it before HQ sent an email to stop letting people do it.

Seems like not much to worry about then. I prefer ordering hardware at EB for the trade deals.

Edit: Just for my 20% off coupon. I assume it does not work on preorders?

Apparently I was receiving the PlayStation weekly emails up until February 19 of this year, and then they just stopped. I verified my email and unsubscribed and resubscribed to the emails, so hopefully I will get them.

Cru Jones

Same. Just checked the email associated with my PSN and I only see purchase receipts and added funds receipts. How do I activate these emails?

I just did it by going into notification settings from my account on store.playstation.com

Bummed out that I missed out on a 20% off coupon though :(

I've never received a PlayStation Newsletter before. My e-mail is confirmed, and both the options in Notification Preferences are checked. I don't recall ever receiving one, and I've had my PSN account since 2009. I'd try to contact PS Live Chat, but they've blacklisted me for whatever reason, so I just sent a tweet asking how I can start getting them. Hopefully I'll get a response, and won't miss out on any future promotions like this one.

Mhee12Bee

This is almost as weird as the 10$ PS Store when you log to PS Store when your PS4. Myabe for PS4 New owners, but it totally random.

I got my code. I'll wait til a better deal happens. If nothing else, Nitroplus Blasterz.

I just did it by going into notification settings from my account on store.playstation.com

Bummed out that I missed out on a 20% off coupon though :(

I've had those options enabled forever and I still don't get any emails...

Edit: Seems the ability to sign up for the newsletter is completely broken.

Mhee12Bee

Never noticed it until today

b131e2bd8f.png

Just checked on my PS4 and it says I am subscribed to the promotions. Weird. Apparently my email wasn't verified so I did that, so hopefully they send them.

Rock Band Rivals on sale @ Amazon

Guitar + Game $49.99 - PS4 | XBOX

Band Kits $139.99 - PS4 | XBOX

Thanks! The wife wants this but wasn't willing to pay $259.99. Christmas comes early for her I guess.

Edit didn't mean to QUOTE burst...

Kiro

Just so I understand, I should purchase:

KH HD 1.5+2.5 Remix
KH 2.8
KH 3

to be able to play all of the Kingdom Hearts games on PS4?? I've only ever played KH1 on PS2, but I would like to do the whole series if I am going to commit.

Just so I understand, I should purchase:

KH HD 1.5+2.5 Remix
KH 2.8
KH 3

to be able to play all of the Kingdom Hearts games on PS4?? I've only ever played KH1 on PS2, but I would like to do the whole series if I am going to commit.

Yep and play them in that order too.

I'm going to upgrade
No chance the slim is refurbished right? I don't trust EB

also I backed up pt to a USB. Is that ok? How do I get it on the new ps4?

Restore?

It shouldn't be. Restore it after you get the slim back.

They said its new. I'm just suspicious because the deal sounds too good. Should I be?

And ok, so PT wills definitely move over?

To reiterate I backed up pt to my USB

When I get the slim, I can restore the app?
Thanks for the help!

Returners

They said its new. I'm just suspicious because the deal sounds too good. Should I be?

Thanks for the help!

The backup and restore functionality does a full system restore of what you backed up to the USB. PT will be restored, along with other stuff that you chose when you restored.

Thanks for the help!

Its really not too good to be true (and I did it myself too!). They resell these along with recycled games and warranties. People go in to stores to trade in and see (and buy?) figures, games, prepaid cards, etc. Boxing week last year people were lined up at my mall store buying recycled stuff at regular price presumably with xmas gift money.

They know exactly what they're doing :)

joms5

Has anyone managed to see a new shipment of NES Classics at any Canadian retailer?

I feel like the last time I saw them was when Amazon.ca got them in back at the end of November. Is that it before Christmas? Should I just give up for now?

Returners

Has anyone traded in a PS4 with an after market USB charger and hdmi to EB ?

Last time I did it for the Pro, they didn't check whether the USB cable / HDMI cable actually came with the PS4 (I doubt they can either). I may have traded in a dollar store HDMI cable.

can I give them my crappy controller with the rubber peeled completely off from the stick? It's otherwise functional at first glance but has a sticky r1 and the r2 doesn't register fully

leeman

Has anyone managed to see a new shipment of NES Classics at any Canadian retailer?

I feel like the last time I saw them was when Amazon.ca got them in back at the end of November. Is that it before Christmas? Should I just give up for now?

Amazon is restocking soon in the US, I bet we will see something soon here as well...

AzerPhire

can I give them my crappy controller with the rubber peeled completely off from the stick? It's otherwise functional at first glance but has a sticky r1 and the r2 doesn't register fully

I replied to someone with a similar question a few pages back. Most likely they will not take the controller. Everything has to be in good working order and in a condition where they can resell it. No one is going to want to buy a used PS4 with rubber missing on the controller.

If you don't have another controller and you still want to do the trade they will probably take out the controller from the Slim/Pro you are buying and use that for your trade in and you keep the messed up controller.

They didn't even want the USB cable when I traded mine in (I offered it). Hdmi I doubt they would have cared about the brand but u can't say for sure.

They do not care what brand the HDMI cable is.

I replied to someone with a similar question a few pages back. Most likely they will not take the controller. Everything has to be in good working order and in a condition where they can resell it. No one is going to want to buy a used PS4 with rubber missing on the controller.

Darn. the other controller's rubber is slightly worn that it exposes the plastic under it very slightly... I hope that's okay.

I dont have the PS4 headset that came with it unfortunately.

What game do you guys think has the best resale value if I were to sell it on Kijiji?

Deux Ex, Watch Dogs 2, or Overwatch?

Quick

Banned
Darn. the other controller's rubber is slightly worn that it exposes the plastic under it very slightly... I hope that's okay.

I dont have the PS4 headset that came with it unfortunately.

YMMV depending on the store. I traded in my PS4 and the employee I was dealing with didn't bother looking at the controller in great detail. But the one I traded in was fine.

They didn't ask me for the mic that came with the PS4, so it was just console + power adapter + Dualshock 4 + HDMI.

YMMV depending on the store. I traded in my PS4 and the employee I was dealing with didn't bother looking at the controller in great detail. But the one I traded in was fine.

They didn't ask me for the mic that came with the PS4, so it was just console + power adapter + Dualshock 4 + HDMI.

Awesome thanks

I'm thinking I'll have the easiest time selling overwatch for like $60 CAD. Watch Dogs seems like a good alternative

RS4-

I don't even know if I still want to go with the slim and then deal with selling the games. Eh, few days to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom