• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, looks like I know what I'm gonna try to do this Tuesday. Thank you for the heads up!

I'm sure it will be posted in this thread, but both times was 7 EST fyi. First night they went up a couple of minutes early, second time they went up right at 7 iirc.

RaidenXZ

I'm sure it will be posted in this thread, but both times was 7 EST fyi. First night they went up a couple of minutes early, second time they went up right at 7 iirc.

Lol just remembered I work that night from 7-12. So for my own selfish gains, I hope it's early :p
Looks like I'll keep my eyes peeled to the thread :)

Looked around a bit more. Ncix has a gigabyte g1 1060 for $299 but it's only the 3gig version. You'd probably be fine but I'm reluctant to recommend a 3 gig card

And I've had cards of every brand die :p. Loud is pretty unacceptable though even for cheap.

I will probably get a 470.

Powercolor only has a 2 year warranty while other manufacturers have 3, so I'm willing to spend a little more for some peace of mind.

Stage On

Nice, pretty tempted to get Fairy Fencer but $50 is still on the expensive side considering I already own the orginal version on ps3 and this is more of a slight expansion with a third route added then a full sequel

Mimosa97

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0117RGG8E/

Are these wireless bose headphones any good ? I'm thinking about returning the closed-back Seinheiser 598 I bought during BF (i find the sound quality really meh ...) and getting these ones instead.

It's only 50$ off but that's as steep a discount as you could expect from Bose right ? I've never seen a good deal from Bose.

killroy87

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0117RGG8E/

Are these wireless bose headphones any good ? I'm thinking about returning the closed-back Seinheiser 598 I bought during BF (i find the sound quality really meh ...) and getting these ones instead.

It's only 50$ off but that's as steep a discount as you could expect from Bose right ? I've never seen a good deal from Bose.

I have the soundtrues, which are basically the same but wired, and I love them.

kennah

I will probably get a 470.

Powercolor only has a 2 year warranty while other manufacturers have 3, so I'm willing to spend a little more for some peace of mind.
Sounds good. What did you have before?

(Side note: I dreamt last night you got a 27 million dollar Christmas bonus from work and ended up buying a 1070)

killroy87

I'm more worried about the sound quality than the supposedly flinsy bluetooth. Are they close-back ? How is the bass ?
Yeah, they're closed back. Bass is good to my ears, and I generally like strong emphasis on bass. They aren't Beats, which lay on the bass super thick, but they definitely don't sound tinny.

Mimosa97

You should have gotten the mdr-xb950bt which was selling for $123 at Amazon a week ago.

A frieend has these and a piece broke after 3 months and Sony wouldn't replace it. I checked them and didn't like the built quality. The bass is also too heavy.

Yeah, they're closed back. Bass is good to my ears, and I generally like strong emphasis on bass. They aren't Beats, which lay on the bass super thick, but they definitely don't sound tinny.

Closed back is good. Thanks.

anyone know any good deals for either a vita 1000 charger or PSTV?

My bro's going away on vacation for a few weeks, and I lost my Vita charger so I've been using his all along. I'd love to continue my Steins;Gate playthrough but I have no way to do so.

bryt

My bro's going away on vacation for a few weeks, and I lost my Vita charger so I've been using his all along. I'd love to continue my Steins;Gate playthrough but I have no way to do so.

eBay sells chargers for pretty cheap. They have one for $1.95 right now. Dunno how long the shipping will take though.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
eBay sells chargers for pretty cheap. They have one for $1.95 right now. Dunno how long the shipping will take though.

Watch out; I've ordered one of those off-brand chargers and I have to push it hard into the Vita; I'm afraid I'll break something inside the Vita charging port every time. My official cable wasn't like that at all.

etta

my hard graphic balls
What's a good place to buy premium chocolate from? Laura Secord?
I'm brainstorming ideas for Christmas gifts for coworkers that you don't really want to gift something but you probably should 😶

mf.luder

I'll sell my pstv. Are you in Ontario?

Aske

Hmmm, Lindor, eh?
🤔

You confused the issue by asking for high quality for someone you don't really want to give a gift to! Lindor is the classic compromise: fairly cheap, but with premium brand recognition. Next level gifting would be Laura Secord or a local chocolatier if you want to seem a bit more fancy; and step it up to Hotel Chocolat or another internet-based small business with international renown for ultimate gifting points.

Also, you can find out what this person likes and give a more personal gift, like a big Toblerone or a bunch of M&Ms, or whatever. I find that's usually a bigger hit than going with something more generic like Lindor. But for an obligation gift, Lindor is the go-to.

etta

my hard graphic balls
You confused the issue by asking for high quality for someone you don't really want to give a gift to! Lindor is the classic compromise: fairly cheap, but with premium brand recognition. Next level gifting would be Laura Secord or a local chocolatier if you want to seem a bit more fancy; and step it up to Hotel Chocolat or another internet-based small business with international renown for ultimate gifting points.

Also, you can find out what this person likes and give a more personal gift, like a big Toblerone or a bunch of M&Ms, or whatever. I find that's usually a bigger hit than going with something more generic like Lindor. But for an obligation gift, Lindor is the go-to.

It's not really that I don't want to gift to, it's more that I have no idea what the hell to get them. The situation is this, there's 4 people (including me) working in one room, I only thought of getting gifts for those ones because they're who I spend 99% of the time with. The one person I work closest with, I already have a thoughtful gift for. But for this one guy, I have zero idea what to get him. So if I can't get something for him, I shouldn't get something for the last person, and I will just give the gift to my closest coworker after work or something, not in the office where the others can see.
But I will probably get them something, like chocolates.

killroy87

I've never traded in games at EB before. If I get an Edge card all the games I trade in will get 5% more value? And the games on the list will for sure be worth at least $12?

https://www.ebgames.ca/Views/Locale/Content/PDF/tradeoffers/12-dollar-trade-value-en.pdf

I'm planning to trade in my games and PS4 console so that my PS4 Slim will cost nothing.
If you're aiming on using two trade promotions, I would just call and make sure they'll stack, they can be a bit of a pain in that sense.

Clive

Hey guys, is anyone still selling PlayStation Plus for $50 (or less?).

Not online but check your local stores. If it says "$49.99" on the card itself that is what it will cost. If it says "$69.99" then the same principle applies and that is what you will pay. For me, both Walmart and Best Buy have $50 cards available locally but at EB it's $70.

bryt

If you're aiming on using two trade promotions, I would just call and make sure they'll stack, they can be a bit of a pain in that sense.

If promos don't stack I can still trade in games for in store credit and use it to pay off the PS4 slim balance right?

Quick

Banned
Is a refurbished 3DS a thing at EB? Can't see any on their website.

On a similar note, are there any brick and mortar stores that sell 3DS replacement parts? I need a new battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom