• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is a refurbished 3DS a thing at EB? Can't see any on their website.

On a similar note, are there any brick and mortar stores that sell 3DS replacement parts? I need a new battery.

Sure. But online is really spotty on refurb stock this time of year. You're best off going to an EBG store; all of their refurbs still have to be processed so you're not seeing yesterday guy's 3DS dumped under the counter.

The only places I've ever seen 3DS repair parts are local fix up shops for electronics. Pretty much you are down to EBay / Nintendo store otherwise.

eyesradar

Sure. But online is really spotty on refurb stock this time of year. You're best off going to an EBG store; all of their refurbs still have to be processed so you're not seeing yesterday guy's 3DS dumped under the counter.

The only places I've ever seen 3DS repair parts are local fix up shops for electronics. Pretty much you are down to EBay / Nintendo store otherwise.

I guess you can always try aliexpress for cheap parts?

Quick

Banned

Thanks. I figured there's probably some people who traded in their 3DS for new ones, judging by GAF in general lol.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
To those who picked up the PS4 Slim with the trade deal at EB, what extra game did you choose? Nothing really piques my interest, and Kijiji is already swamped with copies of those games so reselling might not be worth it...

I MIGHT go with GTAV as I already played through it but it could be fun to mess around in again, and I want to check out those playable animals they added in the next-gen version...

whitehawk

Banned
So guess some places still sell PS+ for $49. I noticed it was $70 at the source yesterday, but just saw it for $49 at SDM so I picked one up. Great price when you consider its $38 USD.

To those who picked up the PS4 Slim with the trade deal at EB, what extra game did you choose? Nothing really piques my interest, and Kijiji is already swamped with copies of those games so reselling might not be worth it...

I MIGHT go with GTAV as I already played through it but it could be fun to mess around in again, and I want to check out those playable animals they added in the next-gen version...

Watch dogs 2 seems popular as does overwatch. You can easily get $40 for these. You're right though, kijiji is swamped with all of the free games.

Jinto

My mom wants an iPad. I have no idea why, since she barely knows how to use her phone, but at least it's one less Christmas item I have to think about.

I'm not an Apple guy. Which one do you guys recommend? Where's the best place to get one?

kennah

My mom wants an iPad. I have no idea why, since she barely knows how to use her phone, but at least it's one less Christmas item I have to think about.

I'm not an Apple guy. Which one do you guys recommend? Where's the best place to get one?

Apple Refurb store. Get a Mini 2 or 4. Unless she can't see too well, then get an Air or Air 2

bryt

Ahhh, went to EB to try and do the trade for the PS4 Slim and I didn't know you needed ID to do it lol. Wasted my time since I don't drive and never bring my license with me.

Just looked at Amazon CA for first time in like several months.

Omg the gouging fuck lol.
Ahhh, went to EB to try and do the trade for the PS4 Slim and I didn't know you needed ID to do it lol. Wasted my time since I don't drive and never bring my license with me.
Thats not very smart in general always keep ID on u

whitehawk

Banned
Should always carry it as a form of ID. That or get a new health card with photo id.

Oooooh snap! I found one of the windwaker amiibo double packs in my walmart and snatched that up hella fast, I legit never expected to see this in store, let alone back in stock online. Just gotta find, normal zelda, shiek, and ocarina link.

Anybody here have experience with third party sellers on Amazon? I saw a 60" 4K Vizio TV for $10.22 so I quickly bought it. Within two minutes it was removed. I figured it was a pricing error but then a couple days later they charged me and I got the shipping confirmation email

WUqLwLG.png

I'm fully expecting a box full of rocks.

r3n4ud

Anybody here have experience with third party sellers on Amazon? I saw a 60" 4K Vizio TV for $10.22 so I quickly bought it. Within two minutes it was removed. I figured it was a pricing error but then a couple days later they charged me and I got the shipping confirmation email

WUqLwLG.png

W

T

Fuck.

Please, for the love of god, tell us what gets delivered.

zroid

Banned

WUqLwLG.png

lmao

good luck man

I'll definitely be sure to update. The vendor is "GOU GO" which does not sound reliable in the slightest. But we'll see what they have in store. Doesn't Amazon still take care of the shipping? So something must be coming my way

Clive

There are tons of scam sellers on Amazon right now. Don't fall for deals too good to be true. Contact their customer support. I'm guessing the seller profile and all his items are gone from the site, right?

There are tons of scam sellers on Amazon right now. Don't fall for deals too good to be true. Contact their customer support. I'm guessing the seller profile and all his items are gone from the site, right?

smh

stopping the man from receiving his rocks in a tv box

Yup. I was just thinking that even though it's likely a scam, there's gotta be some way to get refunded with Amazon's policy. Maybe I should have clarified that beforehand

Yup. I was just thinking that even though it's likely a scam, there's gotta be some way to get refunded with Amazon's policy. Maybe I should have clarified that beforehand

Yeah, you'll definitely have no problem getting refunded. It's mostly just a scam to get your personal information.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I wish there'd at the very least be a PS4 Pro Uncharted 4 bundle or some shit, but absolutely nothing lol.

WUqLwLG.png

This is so crazy it might work.

Madness

It is just a way to get your shipping and billing address, your email and contact details etc. Amazon is full of it when they say they don't share anything. One time I had called a seller and I was in their in-store system because of my Amazon order etc. You won't receive anything, you will file a charge back etc.

WUqLwLG.png

Look at the seller's page. Some third party sellers have been popping up with the same price on a wide variety of stuff, see if this is one of those.
Edit:Nvm should read next time.

WUqLwLG.png

After checking out they're page I'm gonna say this is a scam but if you actually receive it please post pictures

WUqLwLG.png

LOL holy shit man that would be crazy if it works out for you.

Sora_N

Got GTA since I kept holding off on buying it for the longest time.

Sealtest

is it common for one of these scammers to actually ship something? I know my dad bought 6 ssd's when they were $1.66 and amazon eventually told him he'd be refunded.

I might take the chance and buy some of those $1.66 3ds cover plates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom