• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey31

Anybody here have experience with third party sellers on Amazon? I saw a 60" 4K Vizio TV for $10.22 so I quickly bought it. Within two minutes it was removed. I figured it was a pricing error but then a couple days later they charged me and I got the shipping confirmation email

WUqLwLG.png

I'm fully expecting a box full of rocks.

This has become a common scam on Amazon.ca. I heard someone say they are doing it to try and get your address info. What they would be doing with it I don't know.

Cru Jones

I know it's a long shot, but any chance that someone has a 20% off PSN code they aren't using? I didn't subscribe to the newsletter in time.

bryt

Hey guys, it doesn't look like I'll be using my 20% code. It expires on Dec. 19th. Please post if you used it. Quote to reveal.

Sealtest

When an item is fulfilled by amazon that means it's shipped from one of their warehouses right?

I bought a JP 3ds fulfilled by Amazon which arrived in a bubble mailer with the box crushed. I don't know if I complain to amazon or the original seller.

Lexxism

When an item is fulfilled by amazon that means it's shipped from one of their warehouses right?

I bought a JP 3ds fulfilled by Amazon which arrived in a bubble mailer with the box crushed. I don't know if I complain to amazon or the original seller.
If it says fulfilled by Amazon, then yeah complain to Amazon.

orochi91

Anybody here have experience with third party sellers on Amazon? I saw a 60" 4K Vizio TV for $10.22 so I quickly bought it. Within two minutes it was removed. I figured it was a pricing error but then a couple days later they charged me and I got the shipping confirmation email

WUqLwLG.png

I'm fully expecting a box full of rocks.

I just got my shipping confirmation as well, lol

Curious to see what shows up on my doorstep in a couple weeks.

DayEnder

Haha I'll get in line for these too, for some reason Playstation was the one newsletter I WASN'T subbed to... smh

I was subbed to the newsletter and didn't get an email/20% off code. If there are spares, I'll take one (PM me). I'll probably pick up Tomb Raider and a digital copy of Until Dawn (someone borrowed my physical and I'm pretty sure I'm never going to see it again).

Returners

I was subbed to the newsletter and didn't get an email/20% off code. If there are spares, I'll take one (PM me). I'll probably pick up Tomb Raider and a digital copy of Until Dawn (someone borrowed my physical and I'm pretty sure I'm never going to see it again).

I don't even know how I unsubscribed to their emails. I checked my account settings and I'm subbed into their emails. Anyone know where else to look?

X-Factor

Anyone here willing to trade their 20% off PSN code?

I have an unused digital Dishonored Definitive Edition code for PS4 to trade for it.
I never subscribed to the newsletter on any of my PSN accounts.

Canada Post is complete shit. Rock Band from Amazon was supposed to show up today, get a knock on the door- it's the mailman with a different package from Amazon. Ok cool maybe Rock Band is just late. Check the tracking info and it says that he attempted to deliver it and put a slip/notice on my door. How the fuck is that possible? I was FACE to FACE with the postman. he didn't say a word about any other package nor did he leave any slip/notice. Contacted the post office that it would end up at....nope not there either. WTF.......

Canada Post is complete shit. Rock Band from Amazon was supposed to show up today, get a knock on the door- it's the mailman with a different package from Amazon. Ok cool maybe Rock Band is just late. Check the tracking info and it says that he attempted to deliver it and put a slip/notice on my door. How the fuck is that possible? I was FACE to FACE with the postman. he didn't say a word about any other package nor did he leave any slip/notice. Contacted the post office that it would end up at....nope not there either. WTF.......

rockband would not have been delivered by the postman, it would have delivered by a canada post truck earlier in the day

usually happens around 7am for me

im assuming you didnt buy just the game

rockband would not have been delivered by the postman, it would have delivered by a canada post truck earlier in the day

usually happens around 7am for me

thats exactly what it was. As I said he delivered another package I ordered from Amazon....

Sorry shouldnt have said Postman, Canada Post in a delivery truck. And yeah its the full rock band rivals package.

You'll probably get it tomorrow.

mileS

Didn't get the $10 lots or people got for buying the Pro.
Didn't get a 20% off email (have been signed up for a while now)

:( come on Sony.

F4r0_Atak

Yeah, PSN since there's no retail for this game in Canada.

No retail? What does that mean? No physical? Cause I'm pretty sure GRR is on amazon.ca as a physical game.

Only USA got it. So it's all 3rd Party Resellers on amazon.ca or import

He's right, it was released physically in the US but not Canada, the amazon listings are third party sellers.

Interesting. I asked for this for Christmas from my Dad. Wonder what he will end up getting me.

I beg to differ... here. It might not be a traditional Canadian retailer, but they do sell the North American version of the game. https://www.videogamesplus.ca/gravity-rush-remastered-ps4-p-23877.html

when i tried to preorder persona 5, it wouldnt accept my paypal or visa debit through the webstore but did through the ps4

Yeah, my order went through just fine on the PS4 last night. Seems like the webstore won't take my paypal or credit card.

GW_Superhero_Magellan-Canada_1500x300.v2._CB525160700_.jpg

GUYS! We finally got our Amazon Prime Video! There's no extra cost on it if you are a Prime member!
https://www.primevideo.com/ref=dvm_crs_gat_ca_ko_gw1 target=?quot;=";new=

For those who got a Prime, can you guys check the video content? :D

Now that exciting. Beyond their original content they don't have much of a catalogue. I'm just waiting for an app to show up on my android TV. The Grand Tour has HDR.

kaiyo

A frieend has these and a piece broke after 3 months and Sony wouldn't replace it. I checked them and didn't like the built quality. The bass is also too heavy.

Closed back is good. Thanks.

Was the bass boost on when you tried it? When that's on the bass is pretty boomy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom