• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOne

Banned
Ooohhhh yeaaahhh
oi8yoaP.jpg

Clive

is it common for one of these scammers to actually ship something? I know my dad bought 6 ssd's when they were $1.66 and amazon eventually told him he'd be refunded.

I might take the chance and buy some of those $1.66 3ds cover plates.

No. If they do it's something different than what you paid for like a worthless coin, an empty box or maybe a rock just so that they can have a tracking number to show off so they can run off with your money while eBay/Amazon let them. They are not sellers, they are scammers. They are not interested in providing you with a product.

Stopdoor

Anybody here have experience with third party sellers on Amazon? I saw a 60" 4K Vizio TV for $10.22 so I quickly bought it. Within two minutes it was removed. I figured it was a pricing error but then a couple days later they charged me and I got the shipping confirmation email

WUqLwLG.png

I'm fully expecting a box full of rocks.

I actually bought a $2 copy of Mario Party 1 for N64 "new" back in October. I thought, hey, either I get a cheap valuable copy of Mario Party, or I refund through Amazon.

It never arrived, refunded through Amazon.

Mimosa97

DEAL

PS4 with UC4 for 299.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart this Dec 17th. They will also have a 20x event on that day.

I live in Québec. Is pharmaprix the same as SDM ?

Also how do optimum points work ? I see a lot of people talk about optimum points and 15x or 20x days and redemption rates but it seems so complicated lol.

zroid

Banned
I live in Québec. Is pharmaprix the same as SDM ?

Also how do optimum points work ? I see a lot of people talk about optimum points and 15x or 20x days and redemption rates but it seems so complicated lol.
yes they're the same

optimum points are awarded 10 for every dollar you spend, so during 20x you get 200 per dollar. you can redeem 8000 points for $10 off a purchase, or what most people do is save up 95000 and get $170 off (there's a few other tiers in between). sometimes shoppers has redemption events where you can get more value, so like 95000 points gives you $200 off or so.

that's basically how it works

also you can't redeem or earn points on gift cards

soultron

Banned
All you pstv non-believers are now paying the price for your sins.

It's true. There were numerous occasions in which I was *this close* to buying too. Now that I have a real TV (bigger apartment) I actually have the desire for one. I didn't have a TV before (PS4 hooked up to my PC's monitor) but now that I do...

just an FYI on this, EB Games will not take this card, they claim it's because it has your healthcare number on it

they'll only take a drivers license or passport

BC puts the health card number on the provincial ID? That defeats the purpose of it as ID.

antibolo

Banned
If you're thinking about getting a PSVR for the sole purpose of PS4 remote play, keep in mind that that it doesn't support the 1080p mode that was added in the recent PS4 models.

Dazzler

BC puts the health card number on the provincial ID? That defeats the purpose of it as ID.

The one I have is a "BC Services Card" - it's essentially my health card

BC also produces a combo health card / drivers license but I don't have a drivers license so I don't have that one

just an FYI on this, EB Games will not take this card, they claim it's because it has your healthcare number on it

they'll only take a drivers license or passport

they'll take a permanent residency card too

All you pstv non-believers are now paying the price for your sins.

I was in a really bad spot financially during the PSTV sales. I nearly picked one up at the end of last year for $60 and couldn't bring myself to do it.

antibolo

Banned
PSN holiday sale week 2 is up.

Nothing for me. Well, Battlezone would be if it were more than just 30% off. Nowadays with the shitty gouged pricing on PSN I don't consider "sales" of 33% or less to be sales at all.

iiicon

Wish I bought during week 1. There was stuff I wanted but gambled on week 2 being even better. Such fail.

You live dangerously.

My mental list of games I'd like to buy only includes Axiom Verge, which is on sale until the new year. Not like I have a coupon anyway.

I still have stuff I can use it on. FFXV and SFV season passes will be mine. I also don't own Until Dawn. So at least there is that.

Last week i would have grabbed Divinity and EDF.
Oh damn, you missed out on Divinity? It was only $15!

Mimosa97

yes they're the same

optimum points are awarded 10 for every dollar you spend, so during 20x you get 200 per dollar. you can redeem 8000 points for $10 off a purchase, or what most people do is save up 95000 and get $170 off (there's a few other tiers in between). sometimes shoppers has redemption events where you can get more value, so like 95000 points gives you $200 off or so.

that's basically how it works

also you can't redeem or earn points on gift cards

Oh ok it's not that complicated after all lol

Sadly someone told me that Pharmaprix has a different flyer than SDM and the U4 bundle is 380$ at pharmaprix (299$ at SDM)

antibolo

Banned
PSN rejects my PayPal account about 50% of the time. And whenever it happens I think it will keep rejecting it for the next 24 hours so there's no point in retrying.

Thankfully there's pcgamesupply.com selling Canadian cards at cost whenever I need an alternative.

are you trying through the webstore?

do it on your console

webstore does this to me quite often.

one solution if you definitely want to use the webstore is to buy psn codes through costco.ca. That's what I did during the black friday sale

I don't think it's the code. Just tried to buy Goat Simulator without the code and received the same error.

I will try on my home console later but I think this is that payment big that hits some people and their shit just stops working. I had it with a credit card once. No matter what I did PSN would not accept payments from that credit card. Seems to have happened to my paypal. I know it's happened to others as well.

PSN rejects my PayPal account about 50% of the time. And whenever it happens I think it will keep rejecting it for the next 24 hours so there's no point in retrying.

Thankfully there's pcgamesupply.com selling Canadian cards at cost whenever I need an alternative.

Thanks. Seems to be my credit card too as I added that and tried it with the same error. Maybe it is Sony that locks something down for 24hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom