• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yasumi

Banned
GW_Superhero_Magellan-Canada_1500x300.v2._CB525160700_.jpg

GUYS! We finally got our Amazon Prime Video! There's no extra cost on it if you are a Prime member!
https://www.primevideo.com/ref=dvm_crs_gat_ca_ko_gw1 target=?quot;=";new=

For those who got a Prime, can you guys check the video content? :D
Oof, not much of a selection on there. Though I might just be spoiled by Netflix.

Oof, not much of a selection on there. Though I might just be spoiled by Netflix.

Yeah it appeared to be mostly old movies. I saw the mummy franchise, fast and the furious movies, american pie movies and some other older ones. Unless you really want to watch the Grand Tour and some other Amazon series it doesn't seem like there is much there.

kevin1025

Banned
Yeah it appeared to be mostly old movies. I saw the mummy franchise, fast and the furious movies, american pie movies and some other older ones. Unless you really want to watch the Grand Tour and some other Amazon series it doesn't seem like there is much there.

All of those are specifically Universal movies. Maybe they're the only studio that signed worldwide deals so far, since it's across 200 countries.

GW_Superhero_Magellan-Canada_1500x300.v2._CB525160700_.jpg

GUYS! We finally got our Amazon Prime Video! There's no extra cost on it if you are a Prime member!
https://www.primevideo.com/ref=dvm_crs_gat_ca_ko_gw1 target=?quot;=";new=

For those who got a Prime, can you guys check the video content? :D
I'm confused about how this works.

When I click on the link (or banner on .ca), it takes me to Amazon.com. There doesn't seem to be any way for me to filter the movies that are available in my region, and what's more, I have no way of logging into my Canadian account that has Prime.

Edit: Oh, I had to change my location settings for Prime Video. It works now! Hopefully they're working on picking up some of the licenses that Shomi dropped. I need AYAOTD on-demand.

Lothars

I'm confused about how this works.

When I click on the link (or banner on .ca), it takes me to Amazon.com. There doesn't seem to be any way for me to filter the movies that are available in my region, and what's more, I have no way of logging into my Canadian account that has Prime.
Yeah just click on the signin and login with your email and password.

It will still be amazon.com but still works fine.

kevin1025

Banned
I'm buying Prime on Friday, but I was curious... is it really just Amazon's shows and Universal movies here? None of the Shomi stuff made it over?

Tried the Grand tour on my LG TV, seems like the stream quality can only go up to 1080p, unless there is hidden option to enable 4k/hdr. Can anyone confirm this?

So I'm shopping for a budget graphics card to replace my struggling GTX 560Ti and this one is piquing my interest.

http://www.ncix.com/detail/gigabyte...8-134213.htm?affiliateid=7474144&promoid=1489

That price seems too good to be true since all the newer budget Nvidia cards hover around $200 each. All I want is to run modern PC games adequately on a 1080p resolution.

I'm also holding out for crazy boxing day deals too but I'm not sure if these kinds of stores even have boxing day sales.

Anybody knows where can I buy an 8Bitdo SFC30 in Canada? Amazon.ca only has the SNES30. (another guys is selling one on amazon for way to much + shipping)
Best buy only carries the SNES30.

Thanks

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Post zroid if you are okay. There's a rumour that the Zelda game on Wiiu is cancelled.

Theres no way theyd do that after hyping it up for what, 3 years?

antibolo

Banned
Someone needs to give Nintendo a nudge, I still can't re-download the app on Wii U. Is there an Amazon video app for PS3?

Yes but Amazon doesn't seem to have made its apps available to the Canadian storefronts of any platform so far.

I assume that's coming soon...

Yes but Amazon doesn't seem to have made its apps available to the Canadian storefronts of any platform so far.

I assume that's coming soon...

Like I said, it's available on iOS.

Just downloaded it and it let me log in just fine. I assume everything is getting rolled out.

That would be quite the dick move.

If I were Nintendo I'd put it on WiiU even if it made me lose money.

It's probably going to end up being rare like the Gamecube version.

Eternia

So I'm shopping for a budget graphics card to replace my struggling GTX 560Ti and this one is piquing my interest.

http://www.ncix.com/detail/gigabyte...8-134213.htm?affiliateid=7474144&promoid=1489

That price seems too good to be true since all the newer budget Nvidia cards hover around $200 each. All I want is to run modern PC games adequately on a 1080p resolution.

I'm also holding out for crazy boxing day deals too but I'm not sure if these kinds of stores even have boxing day sales.
The RX460 is a bad buy, it's barely better than the 370 which is effectively a 7850 (4+ year old card). If you can afford it, absolutely jump up a tier and grab the 4GB RX470. The performance gain is well worth the increase in cost and maybe something will pop up for Boxing Day (and if it holds until then, you'll get Hitman free with the gpu too).

The RX460 is a bad buy, it's barely better than the 370 which is effectively a 7850 (4+ year old card). If you can afford it, absolutely jump up a tier and grab the 4GB RX470. The performance gain is well worth the increase in cost and maybe something will pop up for Boxing Day (and if it holds until then, you'll get Hitman free with the gpu too).

Something like this?

http://www.ncix.com/detail/msi-radeon-rx-470-gaming-8f-134144.htm?affiliateid=7474144&promoid=1393

EDIT: That might be the best price I can get a RX 470 so I'm not sure if I should wait until boxing day.

Eternia

Something like this?

http://www.ncix.com/detail/msi-radeon-rx-470-gaming-8f-134144.htm?affiliateid=7474144&promoid=1393

EDIT: That might be the best price I can get a RX 470 so I'm not sure if I should wait until boxing day.
Yeah, something like that. It's up to you if you want to wait. Looking at rfd around Black Friday week, a couple of RX470 models (Asus/XFX) went to around $200-210 after MIR. No guarantees that it will happen again but current prices aren't too special either.

joedick

I'm not seeing anything about 20% off pre-order games with Prime. Is that gone?

EDIT: Never mind, found it buried in the details of the 'twitch' section. I guess diapers are a big business if they give more prominence to that discount than the one on games.

Something like this?

Yeah, something like that. It's up to you if you want to wait. Looking at rfd around Black Friday week, a couple of RX470 models (Asus/XFX) went to around $200-210 after MIR. No guarantees that it will happen again but current prices aren't too special either.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...0tCA-_-Video+Cards+-+AMD/ATI-_-MSI-_-14137050

Bazinga

kevin1025

Banned
I'm not seeing anything about 20% off pre-order games with Prime. Is that gone?

EDIT: Never mind, found it buried in the details of the 'twitch' section. I guess diapers are a big business if they give more prominence to that discount than the one on games.

Everyone needs diapers!

kevin1025

Banned
So Prime Video here doesn't even have the full list of American shows that Amazon makes... What.

And they only struck a deal with Sony and Universal for movies from the looks of it. And they have a statement that more will come in "early 2017".

killroy87

So Prime Video here doesn't even have the full list of American shows that Amazon makes... What.

And they only struck a deal with Sony and Universal for movies from the looks of it. And they have a statement that more will come in "early 2017".

It's more than I had a month ago haha. Anything that comes closer to justifying the price of Canadian Prime.

NYR

I just downloaded the Amazon Video app on my LG E6, it was released today - I thought it supported 4K and HDR? It states HD 1080p when I am watching TGT.

And they only struck a deal with Sony and Universal for movies from the looks of it.
And Universal/Amazon didn't even bring over Frost/Nixon from Shomi :(. The entire selection is really weird, maybe only 5-10 movies I'd say are great and worth watching and then a whole lot of mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom