• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well shit. Has Amazon and/or Chase said anything about shutting down the Amazon Visa card for existing owners at some point?

My Amazon Visa is my primary credit card and I don't wanna let it go...

Oh, this reminds me my old Sears credit card (which was with Chase) eventually became a Scotiabank card. Maybe they'll go that route with Amazon as well?

Lexxism

Well shit. Has Amazon and/or Chase said anything about shutting down the Amazon Visa card for existing owners at some point?

My Amazon Visa is my primary credit card and I don't wanna let it go...
Nothing as of yet. They are probably still looking for a buyer and it's likely be Scotiabank again. If it is, we are fuck.

Blam

Pretty disappointing that once again we don't get another deal from Amazon. I'd assume I could talk to CS about getting the $100 Oculus Store offer from em?

Nothing as of yet. They are probably still looking for a buyer and it's likely be Scotiabank again. If it is, we are fuck.

Maybe I will stick with it if they offer some sort of Scene points plan and keep the free foreign currency exchange.

I just want the ability to use my EB credit at Amazon.

Cactus

Banned
Maybe I will stick with it if they offer some sort of Scene points plan and keep the free foreign currency exchange.

I just want the ability to use my EB credit at Amazon.

This is key for me. I'm using it as my secondary card right now, pretty much exclusively for Amazon purchases and non-CAD purchases.

antibolo

Banned
So pissed right now, I just had to refund a buyer on eBay because the item has not arrived more than a month after shipping and he filed a complaint.

Since Canada Post rates for international tracked shipping of small packets are fucking insane, I didn't use tracking, so I was not eligible for seller protection, of course.

Needless to say I've learned my lesson and will never ship internationally without tracking ever again, but seriously, fuck Canada Post and their shitty pricing that prevents us Canadians to be competitive on the worldwide market.

Cactus

Banned
So pissed right now, I just had to refund a buyer on eBay because the item has not arrived more than a month after shipping and he filed a complaint.

Since Canada Post rates for international tracked shipping of small packets are fucking insane, I didn't use tracking, so I was not eligible for seller protection, of course.

Needless to say I've learned my lesson and will never ship internationally without tracking ever again, but seriously, fuck Canada Post and their shitty pricing that prevents us Canadians to be competitive on the worldwide market.

I stopped adding European shipping options to my listings for those exact reasons.

zroid

Banned
I was thinking of canceling my ARMS pre-order at EB, but apparently they're giving you free sleeves as a pre-order bonus, so definitely keeping it

kevin1025

Banned
I was thinking of canceling my ARMS pre-order at EB, but apparently they're giving you free sleeves as a pre-order bonus, so definitely keeping it

The sleeve game is real!

(I ended up cancelling mine since while I really like the control and the gameplay, the content amount in the base game isn't grabbing me right away. With the Prime discount lasting two weeks, maybe if they announce their content pack stuff around E3 I'll jump back on.)

A certain Mart-like retail store will have PS4 controllers at $49 starting Thursday.

Please, Amazon match it.

BB matches printed flyers fairly easily too.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You're required to post a pic of yourself wearing them while playing the game.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
You're required to post a pic of yourself wearing them while playing the game.

Challenge accepted.

I'll admit the only reason Im getting ARMs is because of those sleeves. Might even rock them at the gym if they're not too tacky (who am I kidding)

Tiktaalik

They used to waive the foreign currency fee, but that changed a few months ago. Now they charge the typical 2.5% conversion fee; however, you receive 4% cash back for foreign transactions instead of the normal 1.75% for purchases in CAD.

It's definitely a good card if you're already a Rogers customer. They also waive the annual fee if you use the card as a pre-authorized form of payment for your Rogers bill.

Whoa they don't waive the foreign currency fee anymore?! Wow I don't recall getting any notice of that at all. That was the main reason I have the card. It's my #2 card and only really used it when I was outside the country.

Now what should I replace it with?

Ventara

Challenge accepted.

I'll admit the only reason Im getting ARMs is because of those sleeves. Might even rock them at the gym if they're not too tacky (who am I kidding)

You would be the coolest dude at the gym if you didn't wear any other top. Just the sleeves. Be a trendsetter.

Dazzler

can anyone recommend somewhere in Vancouver that sells and installs iPhone replacement batteries?

Battery on my 6S has fallen off a cliff the last few weeks, and I'm holding off until the new iPhone comes out to replace

Maximus.

can anyone recommend somewhere in Vancouver that sells and installs iPhone replacement batteries?

Battery on my 6S has fallen off a cliff the last few weeks, and I'm holding off until the new iPhone comes out to replace

Check to see if you qualify for the battery quality program on the Apple website.

tsundoku

If you don't mind refurbished, this is as close to factory refurbished as you can get in Canada: https://mtcfactoryoutlet.com/?s=vita&post_type=product

MTC is the authorized PlayStation repair centre in Canada. I ordered a slim model from them a couple months ago for Persona 5 remote play and I couldn't be happier with it.

damn I wish i knew about this site before
ps4s for cheap, vitas for dirt cheap, and a ps3 at the same price you find them around here but you actually have trained professionals promising it works instead of someone's sketchy hair/dust/bug filled one

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
You would be the coolest dude at the gym if you didn't wear any other top. Just the sleeves. Be a trendsetter.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Be the ARMS

antibolo

Banned

6S has known defective batteries, check with Apple to see if you are eligible for a free replacement.

Before replacement mine kept shutting off whenever it was cold enough in winter.

Go there and enter your serial number:
https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/

leeman

Nintendo Kiosks in Canada hosting Super Mario Odyssey “Early Access” event next week.

"From June 10th – June 15th, show us your receipt with two select Nintendo Switch game preorders from a any retailer and get a high quality Mario Universe Challenge Coin (available while supplies last)! The pre-ordered games have to be two of the following titles: Super Mario Odyssey, ARMS and Splatoon 2 for the Nintendo Switch console. You can also enter a draw for your chance to WIN $100 Nintendo Kiosk credit to spend on items available at the Kiosk!"

http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/whatsnew/detail/visit-the-nintendo-kiosks

kennah

Sigh. About to drop a thousand on an iPad Pro.

Guess I could sell my nexus to take some of the sting out of it.

The last iPad I got was an iPad one so can kinda justify it.

Firestorm

6S has known defective batteries, check with Apple to see if you are eligible for a free replacement.

Before replacement mine kept shutting off whenever it was cold enough in winter.

Go there and enter your serial number:
https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/

Wait is there one for the 6? My 6 kept doing that last winter and it was super fuckin annoying. I'm in Vancouver! It doesn't go below -10 or anything.

Stat!

Nintendo Kiosks in Canada hosting Super Mario Odyssey “Early Access” event next week.

"From June 10th – June 15th, show us your receipt with two select Nintendo Switch game preorders from a any retailer and get a high quality Mario Universe Challenge Coin (available while supplies last)! The pre-ordered games have to be two of the following titles: Super Mario Odyssey, ARMS and Splatoon 2 for the Nintendo Switch console. You can also enter a draw for your chance to WIN $100 Nintendo Kiosk credit to spend on items available at the Kiosk!"

If Im reading this correctly, its just in Missasusga and Burnaby? That sucks majorly.

zroid

Banned
Nintendo Kiosks in Canada hosting Super Mario Odyssey ”Early Access" event next week.

noooooo, bring back Best Buy... D:

I guess I could drive to Mississauga, but that's a whole lot of gas and time on the 401, which I don't need to spend

Kiro

Chances of us getting that golden games week for Playstation that us is getting? I would like some of those games at a discounted price. Wondering if I should keep an eye out here that week.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Goddamnit. As i was wasting time looking at PC parts, wanting to upgrade maybe this summer, i opened the amazon app and started to look at GTX 1060. I'm like wow, this is much lower than i expected, prime rebate? Glad i subscribed. Then i see GTX 1070 for the fun of it, and wow, ~330$ ish? Must be father's day deals :eek:

NO

It was on fucking amazon US in the settings...

OMG canadian prices sucks for pc parts, unbelievable.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Goddamnit. As i was wasting time looking at PC parts, wanting to upgrade maybe this summer, i opened the amazon app and started to look at GTX 1060. I'm like wow, this is much lower than i expected, prime rebate? Glad i subscribed. Then i see GTX 1070 for the fun of it, and wow, ~330$ ish? Must be father's day deals :eek:

NO

It was on fucking amazon US in the settings...

OMG canadian prices sucks for pc parts, unbelievable.

Yup

Hurts my soul a bit when I try to shop on Amazon where the US version will have the item but Canadian version won't have it or the mark up is 80%

schlew

Walmart has Pokken Tournament for $30. I don't know if this is new but it was marked as regular price.

Oh wow, if you or any others can share the locations you've spotted it for $30 that'd be much appreciated. I'm in the Durham Region (Ontario), so I'm hoping to find a copy. Thanks!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Awesome, thanks for this! I qualify, and I booked myself in for an apt at the Apple Store tomorrow

Am I likely to be phoneless for a few days?
If it's like what happened with my 5 back in the day they'll ask you if you backed up your phone before coming in and if you have they'll just take your sim card out of your phone and put it in a new one and tell you to restore your backup when you get home.

Oh wow, if you or any others can share the locations you've spotted it for $30 that'd be much appreciated. I'm in the Durham Region (Ontario), so I'm hoping to find a copy. Thanks!

White Oaks Mall in London, Ontario for me.

I was there getting some of the clearance games that this specific location has according to RFD. I was looking to see if they had more than what was listed on RFD and they had Paragon, Gears 4 (sold out) and Watch Dogs 2 (sold out) for Xbox One, and the price for Gravity Rush 2 was wrong on RFD (it is $30). These were all marked as clearance, though. Pokken and Mario Tennis for the Wii U were marked as $30 regular price.

chrono01

I'm still waiting for Raiden V to pop up somewhere. Amazon US got a listing for it a week or so back.
Yeah, it seems lately that games are being added to Canadian retail websites a lot slower than they have in the past.

Or maybe I just really want to pre-order Senran Kagura Peach beach Splash, and I'm being a bit anxious. That might have something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom