• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at all the games left on my Amazon orders from last year and I wonder how many will actually come out in the next 2 years and how many will actually be worth the wait

Detroit?
Days Gone?
Death Stranding?

farisr

Looking at all the games left on my Amazon orders from last year and I wonder how many will actually come out in the next 2 years and how many will actually be worth the wait

Detroit?
Days Gone?
Death Stranding?
Detroit is a real possibility for this year.
Days Gone, likely June next year.
Death Stranding will come out after PS5 is on the market.

I didn't realize that the PSVR core bundle with camera and move controllers is $599.96 at Walmart. We're getting there with that price (much better than the ridiculous $700). I would probably bite on the bundle at $500.

MarkusRJR

Decided to wait for Amazon to price match. I have a gift card I need to use up.

Does anyone remember how long it took for Amazon to price match Walmart last year?

farisr

Decided to wait for Amazon to price match. I have a gift card I need to use up.

Does anyone remember how long it took for Amazon to price match Walmart last year?
It was very random some things happened the day of, some things took days. Best bet, just place the preorder on amazon right now, check in later to see if price got adjusted or not. If they do a price adjustment for a few hours or something and change their minds, cause walmart went out of stock or something, you'll still get the lower price.

MarkusRJR

It was very random some things happened the day of, some things took days. Best bet, just place the preorder on amazon right now, check in later to see if price got adjusted or not. If they do a price adjustment for a few hours or something and change their minds, cause walmart went out of stock or something, you'll still get the lower price.
That makes sense for Splatoon 2. I'm worried about preordering ARMs though, what if they end up shipping it due to it releasing so soon... I hate dealing with returns...

Also, are you able to apply gift cards to an order after it's made? My gift card isn't with me atm.

kevin1025

Banned
That makes sense for Splatoon 2. I'm worried about preordering ARMs though, what if they end up shipping it due to it releasing so soon... I hate dealing with returns...

Also, are you able to apply gift cards to an order after it's made? My gift card isn't with me atm.

With Arms, you don't need to worry about early shipping until at some point on Tuesday or Wednesday, I would say. So if they don't adjust the price before then and you aren't interested, you'll be safe!

Right now my order says it's shipping on June 14th.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Holy shit thanks for posting the deals! Preordering all these right now!

My last post is about $50 preorders and I come back to something just as good if not better.

UberTag

Holy shit thanks for posting the deals! Preordering all these right now!

My last post is about $50 preorders and I come back to something just as good if not better.
Can we credit you for this unexpected pre-order savings karma?
We had no reason to expect $49.96 games when the Canadian equivalent to $59.99 USD is over $81.

If a product hasn't shipped and they haven't charged you for it, surely they can't hold a gun to your head and force you to buy it.
Is it impossible to simply contact their website customer support and inquire about cancelling? It's one of the options on their drop-down list of request items.
Why would it be there if they're not willing to accommodate it?

You would think so, but their website says you only have 30 minutes to cancel an order. I really don't want to risk having a bunch of games to return as they ship over the next couple years.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Can we credit you for this unexpected pre-order savings karma?
We had no reason to expect $49.96 games when the Canadian equivalent to $59.99 USD is over $81.

I won't take ALL the credit since Max_Po was the one to first post the deals lol

Had a $10 voucher so got Splatoon 2 for $40.

Amazon will likely match and remove the Prime discount, so have fun convincing the CSRs to get $40 games.

UberTag

You would think so, but their website says you only have 30 minutes to cancel an order. I really don't want to risk having a bunch of games to return as they ship over the next couple years.
Just imagine that exchange...

"Hey, Walmart... you know this game you've got marked down $30 and are probably taking a loss on... can you let me cancel this order instead of charging me for it? I don't want it any more."

"Sorry, sir. You didn't cancel it within 30 minutes. There's nothing I can do."

"But you'll be saving money by NOT selling it to me. I'm just going to turn around and trade it in at EB Games for a $79 game."

"Our hands are tied."

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Has anyone confirmed if Walmart charge you when you place your order?
They put a $1 charge on your card to make sure it's valid and then refund it. I made 4 orders and have 4 $1 charges right now.

j7aFViQl.png

Xenoflare

Is it realistic to expect proper stocks for the gold $330 PS4?

I'm really busy for the next few days and I don't know if I can still nab one by the tail end of the sale

Walmart prices are nuts! I kinda want to cancel my old BB preorders and get them from Walmart, what's the chance this is a "we fucked up order cancelled" situation?

I have had Walmart cancel an order after I have asked but it took weeks. I don't really trust them but these deals are hot. Might grab Tekken 7 at least.

eyesradar

Damn, missed $50 ARMS.

Got $50 Mario and Splatoon 2!

Also double dipped on GOW, the new COD and Gran Turismo Sport. Will cancel Amazon's if they don't match.

eyesradar

I guess. lol

Does Walmart ship everything at the same time, or separately like Amazon? Could preorder two games, but don't want to wait if I preorder something with an unknown release date.

They ship separately at least it was the case for my previous orders.

Imagine they ship everything together with your KH3 order.

Returners

Oh man, those are some decent deals, reminds me of the 50 bucks matching for Watch Dogs 2 and a couple of games Amazon had to match.

What's this price hidden nonsense? Since BB doesn't price match preorders, thinking that Amazon won't do it because of this price hidden. :S

etta

my hard graphic balls
Amazon price matched last year, right? I remember Ghost Recon, South Park, For Honor, Gears 4 and a bunch more games were 49.96.

Yeah, $50 for Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey is insane. I will happily deal with Wal-Mart for those prices. I missed out on ARMS, though. Oh well, I can't be upset about this crazy deal!

Amazon price matched last year, right? I remember Ghost Recon, South Park, For Honor, Gears 4 and a bunch more games were 49.96.

Yes.

Hopefully this goes exactly like last year. I did order NBA 2k18 Switch version from Walmart though. Just getting it delivered to the post office.

SaitoH

I pre-ordered the following

Detroit Become Human (PS4)

Everybody’s Golf (PS4)

Destiny 2 (PS4) (Bilingual)

Gran Turismo Sport (PS4)

Far Cry 5 (PS4)

Spider-Man (PS4)

God of War® (PS4)

Middle Earth: Shadow of War (PS4)

Never pre-ordered from Walmart, but for those prices I'm willing to give it a shot. To bad a few of the games I wanted went out of stock before I submitted.

Only for like 2 hours after placing the order. And nothing about the order can be easily changed. They fucking suck.

I was able to do it after. It just took a very long time. I sent them an email and waited weeks.

That's why I am being very selective and hesitant.

I would have definitely jumped on Arms.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Missed everything I wanted except Mario Odyssey. Damnit... Hope Amazon will price-match but I'm not holding my breath.

UberTag

I was able to do it after. It just took a very long time. I sent them an email and waited weeks.

That's why I am being very selective and hesitant.

I would have definitely jumped on Arms.
Did you try calling at all or did you just go the Email route?

Did you try calling at all or did you just go the Email route?

Just email. It was for Ghost Recon and I decided if they shipped I would just return it anyway.

Decided to order Tekken 7 from Walmart. No use waiting. I was going to grab it digitally but the savings are just too good.

Ordered for pickup from my local Canada Post location. Lets see how quick they are. Says by Monday but it would be cool if they do it for tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom