• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing more of the info here I think I might hold out. If Walmart charge as the order is made then I'd rather not order too much to begin with, so it's not like I'm losing that badly if it was only a game or two. Amazon and Best Buy have always been way less painless for me.

lsHpK8Q.jpg

Whales

Banned
I mean these deals are crazy... Last year didnt they discount like only 3-4 games at 50$?

right now it looks like literally every unreleased game is 50 on their site

kevin1025

Banned
I've informed Amazon customer support, and he said he'll pass it on. That's on top of using their lower price notification thing on as many of the games as I could. No idea if that does anything, but I thought I'd try!

Saprol

I mean these deals are crazy... Last year didnt they discount like only 3-4 games at 50$?

right now it looks like literally every unreleased game is 50 on their site
I remember RE7, Ghost Recon, and the now-delayed South Park game being 50. Amazon shortly matched them. Didn't have to jump through hoops to cancel because it happened in such a short time frame.

antibolo

Banned
Pre-ordered Mario and Splatoon 2.

Don't think they have anything else I want. A search for Danganronpa 3 yields no results, not even the PS4 version.

Also wow Farming Simulator '18 Vita got a physical release.

kevin1025

Banned
Low price notification thing?

A decent way down the page on each item, there's a link that says to notify them if there's a lower price elsewhere. You put in the link, the price with tax, and then send it to them! It's right below the Amazon bestseller rank on the game page.

Firestorm

Meh I went for it. I usually just sell these to people who didn't end up going on it if I don't want it anyway. Picked up Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2. Unless Amazon decides to match the price and do Prime discount on top I doubt I'll regret this.

I'd grab Destiny 2 but I think I want that digitally.

Qwyjibo

Ordered Spiderman, God of War, and Kingdom Hearts 3.

If somehow there ends up being a better deal, I'll just return these games when they come out in 2018 (or 2020 for Kingdom Hearts).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I put in 4 individual orders and am having them shipped to the nearest CP outlet for free shipping.

big_z

Pre-ordered Mario and Splatoon 2.

Don't think they have anything else I want. A search for Danganronpa 3 yields no results, not even the PS4 version.

Also wow Farming Simulator '18 Vita got a physical release.

Yeah those two are the only ones that interest me as well but ill wait for bestbuy to match the prices. Same thing happened last year and I prefer BB when it comes to games. Get them early and easier to return. Fuck Amazon.

UberTag

Now it's just a matter of whether Best Buy or Amazon elect to match.
I'm not optimistic but I'm open to being surprised.

MarkusRJR

Not sure if I should wait for Amazon/BestBuy to price match or just go with Walmart...

Don't wanna miss out on Splatoon 2 for $50, but at the same time I hate Walmart's online site.

Amazon matched last year (at least I think that's why FFXV dropped to $49).

They definitely did. Titanfall 2 and Watch Dogs 2 were some of the other games Walmart put up at $49.99, Amazon matched everything as far as I know.

The questions, really, are a) when will Amazon/BB price match, and b) will they price match the games that have already sold out on Walmart.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Only reason for me to reorder at Amazon if they match the prices is to get the extra 1% cash back with eBates but for $0.50 a game it's not worth the trouble.

explodet

Actual deals? E3 really is the most wonderful time of the year.

I put in a couple of Walmart orders, worse case scenario I return them.
Also put in some Amazon orders in case they drop the price while I'm asleep tonight.

I have a bunch of credit from EB still (ARMS, Splatoon 2, over $100 on gift card, Disgaea 5 that needs to be transferred), but if I can get games for $50 I might as well save the credit for something that won't be on sale.

Skikkiks

Ordered crash, mario and spiderman for pickup at the shoppers next to my work.

And if I need to return, I can go to the Wal Mart across the street from my work.

Here I thought I was going to bed.

Sora_N

Well I lied, ordered Splatoon. I only have $30 credit left at EB and I'd be paying like $50 anyways, it just seems stupid if I didn't do this.

-Deimos

Last year people thought it was a price error too.

Then Amazon price matched almost everything (except a few games here and there, like Gravity Rush 2)
Yeah, I remember now, but I'm skeptical because:
It's just far more widespread this time!

Your move, Amazon.

Destiny 2 PC $49.96
Call of Duty WWII PC $49.96

Walmart doesn't usually have PC games on their website, so these were nice to find.

Ok, now I really need Amazon to pull through.

It sucks that you can't cancel Walmart orders in the future. That's preventing me from going crazy with these preorders (in case they sell out and Amazon doesn't match).

$30 for Crash is a fantastic deal though. I wish this happened earlier in the evening. Now I'm tempted to stay up to see if Amazon matches!

The July 6 delivery date for Crash from Walmart isn't too hot.

UberTag

It sucks that you can't cancel Walmart orders in the future. That's preventing me from going crazy with these preorders (in case they sell out and Amazon doesn't match).
If a product hasn't shipped and they haven't charged you for it, surely they can't hold a gun to your head and force you to buy it.
Is it impossible to simply contact their website customer support and inquire about cancelling? It's one of the options on their drop-down list of request items.
Why would it be there if they're not willing to accommodate it?

leeman

$30 for Crash is a fantastic deal though. I wish this happened earlier in the evening. Now I'm tempted to stay up to see if Amazon matches!

The July 6 delivery date for Crash from Walmart isn't too hot.

The great thing about Amazon is that you can place a pre-order and, if it goes up overnight, you will still get the lowest price. If it never goes up, you can just cancel it :)

farisr

I just ordered two copies of Crash (1 for me , the other for my friend).

I'm gonna take a risk on the others and see if amazon matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom