• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the stuff I had in my cart last night was still available when I checked just now. The only thing that went OOS for me was Death Stranding.

Arms
Splatoon 2
Crash

All out of stock.

I can't remember if Walmart was good about restocking last year.

Then again, I don't remember them doing this many games last year. Their sale was mostly UBIsoft last year with some EA and Activision sprinkled in. The exclusive Nintendo stuff is kind of hard to beat.

Kiro

Well I got Mario and GoW4 at least. I already have Spiderman for 30 bucks at Amazon. Does Walmart ship games separately during release even if in the same order?

Detroit: Become Human just went OOS as well. I think that's the one thing I maybe should've jumped on, since I'm actually interested in that game. Ah well.

UberTag

Eh Detroit is the only thing that was $50 that Im disappointed I missed. God of War and Odyessy for $50 is good though.
Most everyone missed out on Detroit at $50.
It didn't even get mentioned in this thread as being discounted until SaitoH's post an hour ago.

Kiro

Same reason I passed too.

Yeah, I will definitely pick Amazon if they have equal or better deals. And I live near a Walmart and have enough floating cash that a double-dip for a few days won't break the bank.

I mainly care about Splatoon 2 and Arms, as I missed those and 49 bucks sounds like the right price for them.

I swear it was less than 30 minutes and the cancel order button is already gone on my stuff at Walmart.

It's such a terrible practice.

Eh. I was up at very first post of this and passed.

Wal-Mart has horrible cancel practices and the other stores haven't even posted there deals yet.

Meh. There's a walmart a 2 minute walk from my house. I'll take the chance and return it if i end up not wanting it.

Last e3 i pre-ordered Ghost Recon from the $50 sale and would have canceled it if i could have. good thing i couldn't cause i was able to take it to EB during the 2x towards switch promo and get more than i paid for it

Best Buy didn't match Walmart last year, I believe.

Amazon did but it's hard to say whether or not they will match OoS items. This might be your only chance. It's a gamble.

Iced

Grabbed Super Mario Odyssey. Thanks for posting these deals, everyone! Gonna keep my eyes pealed on Arms and Splatoon 2 restocks.

Fularu

Banned
Best Buy didn't match Walmart last year, I believe.

Amazon did but it's hard to say whether or not they will match OoS items. This might be your only chance. It's a gamble.
There's nothing to gain for walmart to run a promotion that no one sees because of stock issues within 15 minutes of going live

I'm expecting full restocks

Hey guys if I add a bunch of pre orders to cart will Walmart charge me for each one as they ship or do I pay for it all on check out?

They charge a $1.00, which I assume is just a check and won't actually be posted to your card.

The full price will be charged when they ship.

There's nothing to gain for walmart to run a promotion that no one sees because of stock issues within 15 minutes of going live

This seems to have been running for hours, no? It's just that it started over night. I never had a chance with some of these games. Really want that Arms.

Fingers crossed for rdr2 and arms. Hell if the tekken 7 ce comes back I'll even take that and send it back to amazon.

Fularu

Banned
They charge a $1.00, which I assume is just a check and won't actually be posted to your card.

The full price will be charged when they ship.

This seems to have been running for hours, no? It's just that it started over night. I never had a chance with some of these games. Really want that Arms.
Arms went OoS in less than 15 minutes. Same for most of the sought after games.

I'm really expecting restocks on preorderable games (not so much on Tekken though)

Outrun

Got Mario :)

Red Dead OOS, but it is come back up.

I hope that Walmart puts pressure on BB and Amazon this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom