• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's sold out, neither will bother to match. And best buy has already advertised 20%.

Hope for walmart restocks.
I might jump on Splatoon when it goes back in stock, but I'm not sure about the PS4 titles. Far Cry 5 and God of War seem like they'll be big names this year at E3, so I'm sure they will get deals from other retailers.

Buying the Xbox One version of the game gets you the Scorpio version, right? There will be no separate skus for this stuff.

I might jump on Splatoon when it goes back in stock, but I'm not sure about the PS4 titles. Far Cry 5 and God of War seem like they'll be big names this year at E3, so I'm sure they will get deals from other retailers.

I've been trying to think about the long game more when considering pre-orders, especially since the Canadian dollar dropped from par. Will I get to God of War PS4 before it drops to $49.96? I'm guessing not, since I haven't even managed to finish any of the others. Detroit? That makes a lot more sense for me, since I tend to play Quantic Dream games on release.

Super Mario Odyssey is tricky, because I probably won't play that for a while, but Nintendo probably won't discount it until I'm 50. So.

Mario Odyssey is tricky, because I probably won't play that for a while, but Nintendo probably won't discount it until I'm 50. So.

Also the curious case of it having a placeholder price of $99. Could mean Nintendo will price more according to exchange rate when it releases.

Grimsen

Cancel policy be damned. I ordered 5 games.

at 50$ I can try them and sell them for profit in the first few weeks after release.

farisr

Yeah, seeing some stuff go out of stock, I had no faith in amazon price matching, and ordered a bunch of games. Worst case scenario I return the games to a walmart that's nearby.

Wish I had ordered Spider-man in time though...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Preordered the following:

Crash Trilogy
Splatoon 2
Mario Odyssey
God of War

Shouldn't have waited as a bunch of stuff is OoS now.

Ordered Far Cry 5 for Xbone Scoprion.

My orders:
Tekken 7 (Already charged)
Far Cry 5
Super Mario Odyssey
God of War
NBA 2k18 Switch

Wish I had jumped on more but most were OoS when I found out about this thing. All for pickup at Canada Post.

farisr

Walmart usually restocks fast
I hope so. I need to get Spider-Man, Detroit and Days Gone still. I'm sure I'll have another shot at getting Death Stranding next year.

And yeah, these deals are good enough that I'll deal with possible cancellation problems, and 2-3 days late shipping.

Apples_89

Anyone know how fast Amazon generally is to match pricing if they intend to? Tempted to hold off for a few more hours to see if there's any reaction on their part, but I don't want to be faced with more OoS problems if they don't budge.

centracore

If I lump all of my pre-orders into one order will Walmart ship them individually as they become available? Or do I need to create a bunch of separate orders?

If I order Mario & CoD together, does anyone know if Walmart ship them separately? I don't want to pay shipping but I also don't want to get them both on the latter's release date.

centracore

If I order Mario & CoD together, does anyone know if Walmart ship them separately? I don't want to pay shipping but I also don't want to get them both on the latter's release date.

I don't know the answer to your question but it doesn't matter anymore because Super Mario Odyssey went out of stock during checkout.. LAME.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If I lump all of my pre-orders into one order will Walmart ship them individually as they become available? Or do I need to create a bunch of separate orders?
It seems to ship by release date, but we'll see because I have Tekken in one of my orders.

I should have did God of War, but I figured I could put off 2018 games...

Fularu

Banned
Guys if you're worried about shipping costs just have your games delivered to the nearest post office.

1 - it's free
2 - no risks of having it stolen
3 - it's free

I feel like the games that I want to order will remain in stock for the duration of the sale based on who the publishers are (COD, Destiny, Battlefront) I cant see them going out of stock. I feel like last year titanfall 2 was in stock the entire time.

Kyolux

Seems like I missed most of it.

I'm sure wal-mart will restock and amazon will match, or at least will have an impact on wtv deals they'll have.

killroy87

I'm sure it's safe to assume Amazon will match this at some point soon. I don't think there's ever been a time where they haven't matched something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom