• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat!

Jumped on Ratchet and Clank for ps4 on Amazon. Never played R&C but wish I did all the way back on PS2 so looking forward to it.

Obviously, hoping for Amazon price matching. I keep refreshing this thread

Openbox.ca has the 60" ks8000 for 1499.99.....
Must resist........must re...........sist......
I got a 55 ks8500 for 1699 from best buy but I knew what I was getting as some guy returned it two weeks ago. It is definitely risky unless there's a guarantee you can return for a refund

Pre ordering games for 49.99 brings back memories from when I'd be able to walk into a store and buy them for that price..

Kiro

I got a 55 ks8500 for 1699 from best buy but I knew what I was getting as some guy returned it two weeks ago. It is definitely risky unless there's a guarantee you can return for a refund

Pre ordering games for 49.99 brings back memories from when I'd be able to walk into a store and buy them for that price..

You can still walk in to stores and get new games at 49.99

3DS games.

Mimosa97

How hard is it to cancel walmart preorders ?

Also how can games be out of stock when they're not even out yet ? lol

I'm going full digital this gen but I want to try the new COD (haven't played a COD game since World at war) because of the WWII setting but I know I'll get tired of it after a few weeks so would rather play a bit and sell it on Kijiji to get my money back.

killroy87

How hard is it to cancel walmart preorders ?

Also how can games be out of stock when they're not even out yet ? lol

I'm going full digital this gen but I want to try the new COD (haven't played a COD game since World at war) because of the WWII setting but I know I'll get tired of it after a few weeks so would rather play a bit and sell it on Kijiji to get my money back.

You have two hours, otherwise it can't be cancelled. Maybeeeeee by calling them, but I seem to remember people having trouble doing even that. At that point, it's easiest to receive it and return.

JDH

You have two hours, otherwise it can't be cancelled. Maybeeeeee by calling them, but I seem to remember people having trouble doing even that. At that point, it's easiest to receive it and return.

Just read their policy and it looks like you can return online via mail, and Wal-Mart will cover the shipping costs back to them. Good to know.

Mimosa97

Oh shit ... I thought it was like Amazon ...

I'm moving out in a few months and I don't know my new adress yet. How hard is it to change shipping adresses ?

JDH

If not shipping to a Canada Post location, what are you guys adding to cart when buying 1 single game? Just looking for that $0.04 - so cheaper the better.

Oh shit ... I thought it was like Amazon ...

I'm moving out in a few months and I don't know my new adress yet. How hard is it to change shipping adresses ?

You are gonna have a hard time i think.

When i had to change card, i had to call and they created a new order that i had a hard time getting them to apply the old price.

And then they said they couldn't cancel the other order so if it showed up i had to return it

What the hell is this walmart deal? I guess I missed something good

$49.99 pre-order prices for some games

Cmagus

I was at EB today and the guy working let me know that PS4 controllers are gonna be on sale for $50 tomorrow if anyone was looking for one. I didn't feel like waiting so full price for me lol.

BonnaPooah

Neo Member
Managed to get God of War, CoD, and Mordor from Wal-Mart. Has anyone had experience with shipments from them? Does their free shipping arrive for release date?

Mimosa97

You are gonna have a hard time i think.

When i had to change card, i had to call and they created a new order that i had a hard time getting them to apply the old price.

And then they said they couldn't cancel the other order so if it showed up i had to return it

Oh well ... No 50$ games for me I guess :(

Can I ship them to a Canada post near me ? I know I'm staying in the same neighbourhood but not the same building.

hiim_haz

Banned
So who typically has E3 pre-order promos? I haven't done this in a while. I know Best Buy typically does, but does Amazon? I'm a Prime member and I know of the 20% discount; but is there a better deal for E3 related pre-orders?

Oh well ... No 50$ games for me I guess :(

Can I ship them to a Canada post near me ? I know I'm staying in the same neighbourhood but not the same building.

yes. shipping to canada post is free.

So who typically has E3 pre-order promos? I haven't done this in a while. I know Best Buy typically does, but does Amazon? I'm a Prime member and I know of the 20% discount; but is there a better deal for E3 related pre-orders?

Bestbuy typically did Rewardzone $$ (usually worth a little more than what amazon offered)
Amazon used to do a percent but this will be first year with Prime discount also available so no one is sure if they will offer more of a discount.
Walmart did some $49.99 games last year. amazon matched some but not all

We don't know what Amazon.ca's game plan is yet. All we know is that Best Buy plans to do a 20% promo, and that Walmart unleashed a wave of $49.99 pre-orders last night. Pretty much anyone's guess at this point what Amazon will do; it could be nothing, it could be just matching the Walmart deals, it could be 30% off for everyone.

hiim_haz

Banned
yes. shipping to canada post is free.

Bestbuy typically did Rewardzone $$ (usually worth a little more than what amazon offered)
Amazon used to do a percent but this will be first year with Prime discount also available so no one is sure if they will offer more of a discount.
Walmart did some $49.99 games last year. amazon matched some but not all

We don't know what Amazon.ca's game plan is yet. All we know is that Best Buy plans to do a 20% promo, and that Walmart unleashed a wave of $49.99 pre-orders last night. Pretty much anyone's guess at this point what Amazon will do; it could be nothing, it could be just matching the Walmart deals, it could be 30% off for everyone.

Ah okay, thanks!

eyesradar

For you guys worried about cancellation. You can either refuse your package at the pick-up location or just bring it to the store to get the refund. At least my local Walmart is pretty cool with that. They only charge you card like $1 right now so don't worry!

oh wow, i missed out on a lot!

I put in an pickup order for hitman from bestbuy, and i'm hoping to price match it with amazon or walmart. I have a $10 certificate, and I really want to play hitman, especially with what's been going on with that IP.

farisr

A bunch just came back in stock,

RDR2 (PS4 version as well)
Spider-Man
Days Gone
Kingdom Hearts 3
Death Stranding

Go! Go! Go!

What an easy way for WM to get a bunch of normally amazon shoppers to sign up on their site.

FWIW WM is good with day 1 or day 2 delivery.

Anth0ny

so if I order the PC version of a game from wal mart... do they ship me a boxed copy of the game? with a steam/origin code on the disc I'm assuming?

BonnaPooah

Neo Member
I really want to get every game I can from Wal-Mart, but the lack of assurance in regards to release date delivery makes me want to wait and hope for Amazon to PM.

Mimosa97

I really want to get every game I can from Wal-Mart, but the lack of assurance in regards to release date delivery makes me want to wait and hope for Amazon to PM.

Walmart is great with delivery dates. Problem is you can't cancel a pre-order ... Worst case you can resell it day 1 on Kijiji and still make a profit or just return it to the store.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If not shipping to a Canada Post location, what are you guys adding to cart when buying 1 single game? Just looking for that $0.04 - so cheaper the better.
There are folder covers for 25 cents somewhere, but if you live close to a Walmart you can at least return any online orders. It's easier for me to get to Walmart than Canada Post, funny enough.

Anth0ny

You're saving 30$ plus tax per game. 37% off! Jump on this.

yeah this is fucked

just grabbed:

god of war
spider-man
death stranding
cod ww2 (PC)
destiny 2 (PC)
star wars battlefront 2 (PC)

waiting on odyssey and splatoon 2 to come back in stock

and this is before announcements we're sure to get next week >_< lol

Status
Not open for further replies.