• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walmart is great with delivery dates. Problem is you can't cancel a pre-order ... Worst case you can resell it day 1 on Kijiji and still make a profit or just return it to the store.

You can. It's just a pain in the ass and takes a long time. I did it by email and I think it was cancelled in a couple of months. Haven't tried by phone.

A bunch just came back in stock,

RDR2 (PS4 version as well)
Spider-Man
Days Gone
Kingdom Hearts 3
Death Stranding

Go! Go! Go!
Do any of these have a release date? I'm interested in all of them, but might not be living in the same location a year from today. It'll be a huge risk ordering these from Wal-Mart, and then not being able to change the address closer to the release date.

I'm fairly confident that Amazon will match for these titles, though.

farisr

Do any of these have a release date? I'm interested in all of them, but might not be living in the same location a year from today. It'll be a huge risk ordering these from Wal-Mart, and then not being able to change the address closer to the release date.

I wouldn't then if I were you. No release dates yet, we may get some this E3. I'm not expecting any of them before May of next year.

Mimosa97

You can. It's just a pain in the ass and takes a long time. I did it by email and I think it was cancelled in a couple of months. Haven't tried by phone.

Yeah that's what I was told. Well good to know it's still feasible even though it's a huge hassle.

I have the same problem so I chose a pick up location at a canada post downtown. If you know what city you'll be living in you should do the same. You should only buy the game that already have a release date though.

Cactus

Banned
I used EB Games double credit PS4 game promotion to pay off Crash. Will they give me grief if I ask them to move it to something else?

farisr

I used EB Games double credit PS4 game promotion to pay off Crash. Will they give me grief if I ask them to move it to something else?
Last time I asked them they said they wouldn't be able to. But best thing is to just ask, you may have cooler/more lenient people working at your local ebgames.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Really hope Arms comes back in stock soon so I can cancel my preorder with EB Games.

-Deimos

So do we think Amazon aren't going to offer a % discount on price matched games like last year? If so, would it be good idea to preorder the walmart games now on Amazon with the Prime 20% off, then hope for the preorder price guarantee if Amazon matches?

Lexxism

So do we think Amazon aren't going to offer a % discount on price matched games like last year? If so, would it be good idea to preorder the walmart games now on Amazon with the Prime 20% off, then hope for the preorder price guarantee if Amazon matches?
But the 20% wouldn't apply anymore as the discount is more than 20%.

Vinc

If they drop below full price, the Prime discount disappears. Still, I preordered everything at Amazon simply because you can cancel and customer service is better. Also, Prime shipping.

eyesradar

That's exactly what I am hoping for. Or I'll just cancel my Amazon orders.

Apples_89

This is my assumption and hope, although it's very tempting to lock in all those prices with WM.

Anyone know how post office delivery with walmart works if I end up moving? Would I just have to bring a piece of mail with that address and my name or something along with my updated ID?

Gaenor

Banned
Just need Super Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2 to come back in stock. Great deal from Walmart.

Ordered :

Call of Duty: WWII (Xbox One)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (Xbox One)
Star Wars Battlefront II (Xbox One)
Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (PS4)
Gran Turismo Sport Limited Edition (PS4)
Spider-Man (PS4)
Days Gone (PS4)

NYR

Wal Mart dropping the fucking hammer.

I will hold out up amazon price matches, they did last year. I am going to hedge and order Crash from Wal Mart, $30 is too good to pass up.

My delivery date is July 6 for Crash, though.

I have the same problem so I chose a pick up location at a canada post downtown. If you know what city you'll be living in you should do the same. You should only buy the game that already have a release date though.
That's a really good idea, but I'm honestly not sure where I'll be. It's still a bit too risky for me.

I just realized that I completely assumed GoW's release date. At least I'll have plenty time to work out a way to cancel if the release window is too far out or vague. Spring 2018 would be cutting it close. (I have a 9 month lease starting in August)

-Deimos

But the 20% wouldn't apply anymore as the discount is more than 20%.

If they drop below full price, the Prime discount disappears. Still, I preordered everything at Amazon simply because you can cancel and customer service is better. Also, Prime shipping.

Ah shit I always forget how it works. Guess I'll just wait until the sale starts.

Wait, what?

20% only applies to the list price.

eyesradar

I woke up around 6:30 am EDT. Back then Mario and Splatoon were still in stock. ARMS seems long gone tho.

Fingers-crossed for an ARMS restock!

The timing on this is utterly AMAZING. My son's last day at Walmart was yesterday. His employee discount is still working today. Getting an additional 10% off on already amazing deals!!!

kevin1025

Banned
Prime discount is based on the "List Price" which will always be $79.99 (or maybe a couple cents different) so you would get the lowest price of the two.

Yep. Although with the Crash trilogy, they changed the list price from $54.99 to $49.99 a couple of weeks back, so now you can get it cheaper than before with the Prime discount.

Prime discount is based on the "List Price" which will always be $79.99 (or maybe a couple cents different) so you would get the lowest price of the two.

So right now I'm paying 79.99 - 20%. If the game drops in price I'd still be paying 79.99 - 20%? Their pre-order price guarantee doesn't apply?

So right now I'm paying 79.99 - 20%. If the game drops in price I'd still be paying 79.99 - 20%? Their pre-order price guarantee doesn't apply?

you be paying which ever is lower. so if you have it for $79.99 - 20% now and it drops to $49.99, then your order should switch to the $49.99 price.

Kiro

If the price drops to 60 dollars. You dont get the -20% anymore. The -20% only applies from the full retail price. Once you hit (usually) 64.99, the -20% is completely gone and you are just going with the deal it has currently up. No Prime discount.

Anth0ny

I am just wavering RDR 2. I assume it will have Scorpio support but don't know for sure.

Same.

I can't imagine it wouldn't... even with a marketing partnership with Sony, can they demand a game NOT have upgraded visuals on another platform?

That seems insane, though this whole mid-gen console thing is uncharted territory, really.

If the price drops to 60 dollars. You dont get the -20% anymore. The -20% only applies from the full retail price. Once you hit (usually) 64.99, the -20% is completely gone and you are just going with the deal it has currently up. No Prime discount.

Well that sucks, I thought the Prime discount worked like the E3 discount.

That's pretty much what I have decided. I hate keeping two orders around though. I need to update my spreadsheet.

Yeah I would just buy both if I were in your shoes and then just return the copy you don't want back to walmart which is easy enough (heck...they prefer it be returned to store vs. mailed back).

The E3 discount doesn't work like that anymore either as of last year.

Huh? I have games from last year drop below $79 and it's still showing the discount. God of War, for example, dropped to $74.96 at some point and it's showing the E3 discount still applying.

Vinc

Huh? I have games from last year drop below $79 and it's still showing the discount. God of War, for example, dropped to $74.96 at some point and it's showing the E3 discount still applying.

Same, but it's smaller. It's not 20% off 74.96, but 20% off the 79.99. Both E3 and Prime discounts work that way now.

Kiro

Ugh, I don't have an account and I closed the tab to my Walmart order and have received no email yet. I think it said Order Complete... lol First World Problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom