• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apocryphon

Canada-GAF, this might be a bit OT for gaming but I'm sure there are some people here who know their monitors very well!

I have been looking for an LG 27UD88-W, looks to be the ideal monitor for my laptop (Macbook, 2016)

That said, this monitor is impossible to find in Canada!

I can only see the LG 27UD68 version, which doesn't have the USB C/3.0 dock that would be ideal for me.

Anyone have any ideas where I can pick this guy up from? Or a comparable monitor with USB C/3.0 hub that also charges the computer?

Thank you :)

I got mine from Canada Computers but it took ages to cone back into stock. Monitor seems backordered everywhere.

I love it though. It's an excellent display. Thinking of getting the 32UD99 when it becomes available here.

hiim_haz

Banned
think nintendo might just be covering for a potential collapse of the dollar, pokken dx is also $99 on amazon, if the prices dont drop by pokken release, and then who knows what nintendo is doing

Best Buy replied back to me - so yeah, I guess prices may go up ...

zV257FF.png

True Fire

think nintendo might just be covering for a potential collapse of the dollar, pokken dx is also $99 on amazon, if the prices dont drop by pokken release, and then who knows what nintendo is doing

That's really scummy if true. They're doing it with Ultra Sun and Moon as well, and they did it with Sun and Moon before they dropped the price by 10 dollars.

Ok so I'm trying to understand the Best Buy thing. So it's 20% ANY game if I pre-order during e3? And they send you a code for each game separately after adding to your cart?

What if I pre-order Mario Odyssey at $99.99? If the game changes price to $89.99 or something, would the 20% off be off of the $99.99 price or the corrected price?

Ventara

Ok so I'm trying to understand the Best Buy thing. So it's 20% ANY game if I pre-order during e3? And they send you a code for each game separately after adding to your cart?

What if I pre-order Mario Odyssey at $99.99? If the game changes price to $89.99 or something, would the 20% off be off of the $99.99 price or the corrected price?

Any game, and you should already have the code (but if not, sign up for the newsletter by signing into BB Rewards Zone). It can be used 8 times, and each order can have 8 games (so you can theoretically use it for 64 games). The 20% discount should be from the adjusted price, so if the price drops, you're still good.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
So I can order Arms and Splatoon 2 now on Best Buy Canada and get 20% off them? They are both currently listed as 79.99. So 20% off that?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Why did BestBuy go back to using codes again? To get people to sign up to rewardzone, which everyone should be a part of anyway?

NYR

Why did BestBuy go back to using codes again? To get people to sign up to rewardzone, which everyone should be a part of anyway?

2 reasons: 1) so they get your information which is incredibly valuable, and 2) ensure limits are placed on orders so people don't take advantage for resell or other illict purposes.

nordique

I got mine from Canada Computers but it took ages to cone back into stock. Monitor seems backordered everywhere.

I love it though. It's an excellent display. Thinking of getting the 32UD99 when it becomes available here.

Awesome to hear - what do you use it with?

I think its time to move on from my old Macbook Pro (non retina) & Thunderbolt display setup....just got the 2016 macbook on the cheap cause of the new model, I am wondering if you have the same computer or similar computer and how it runs on this display?

Good to hear though. Looks like newegg and amazon have them in stock, but newegg is a bit cheaper.

Hopefully they're still in stock next week when I am able to order!

Davide

Twilight Princess Wii U seems to be out of stock and out of print everywhere now, so weird. Best Buy still had it on display but it's not even in their system. Especially when the other Wii U remaster is still available and I can even find the Wii version still.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
2 reasons: 1) so they get your information which is incredibly valuable, and 2) ensure limits are placed on orders so people don't take advantage for resell or other illict purposes.
But they should have your data when you make a BestBuy.ca account anyway. I mean, RZ is used to track purchases, so maybe they can see what games people preorder... but they can already see that if they just go through their own database.

Limits seem kind of strange though, when the games aren't that cheap (20%???) and everyone has access to the same deal...

Twilight Princess Wii U seems to be out of stock and out of print everywhere now, so weird. Best Buy still had it on display but it's not even in their system.

It's not that weird. Wii U as a system is not sold new in stores anymore, and I bet most of the games outside the Nintendo Selects and Smash/Mario Kart are not being made anymore.

It's not that weird. Wii U as a system is not sold new in stores anymore, and I bet most of the games outside the Nintendo Selects and Smash/Mario Kart are not being made anymore.

Also the games released for its last year were probably not printed in large quantities to begin with. Tokyo Mirage and Rio Olympics are already OOP.

Kyolux

Based on this comment, I searched up Spiderman, Death Stranding, CoD, Star Wars, God of War, RDR2, KH3 and Detroit: Become Human and every single one was available

Haha nice for you. I have all of them too.

Meant outside of price matching wm.

Still holding hope we get something Monday or Tuesday like 20% for non prime/25-30% for prime.

killroy87

Based on this comment, I searched up Spiderman, Death Stranding, CoD, Star Wars, God of War, RDR2, KH3 and Detroit: Become Human and every single one was available

I think he's referring to an Amazon-specific E3 sale? But things probably aren't getting cheaper than $49, so I say go wild while you can.

khaaan

I'm sure you guys have already seen it but 12 month PS+ is on sale at the OG $49.99 price point. Seems like a good time to grab, also there's the spend $100 get $15 back but I haven't checked to see if it applies to Canada.

I'm sure you guys have already seen it but 12 month PS+ is on sale at the OG $49.99 price point. Seems like a good time to grab, also there's the spend $100 get $15 back but I haven't checked to see if it applies to Canada.

It does indeed apply to Canada, you just have to spend $100 of X currency to get $15 back in the same currency (or 15% of whatever other currency it might be, I assume).

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Ps+ sub doesn't normally count for these. The question is, does it this time?

Of course they do. Anything you purchase from the PSN wallet counts.

You're prolly thinking of PS+ codes, those dont count.

Stage On

Its also $49 US so i wonder if the $49 CAD is a temp error

Stage On

Are you checking you span/promotions folder? All my mail from Rewards Zone goes to Promotions folder (Gmail).

Yes, I check my junk folder regularly. I even got a e-mail from them just earlier today reminding me to use my reward cert before it expired

E3 doesn't even start til monday.

Maybe chill.

So I did some checking on this because I was curious too. Last year, E3 was June 14-16. Best Buy and Amazon both unveiled their E3 offers on the Friday before, June 10. But in 2015, Best Buy launched their deal earlier than Amazon; the Amazon promo didn't start until the 14th, the Sunday before E3 (June 16-18).

Based on that, it's still quite possible that we'll see a legit Amazon promo. Feel free to panic on Sunday night, though.

killroy87

So I did some checking on this because I was curious too. Last year, E3 was June 14-16. Best Buy and Amazon both unveiled their E3 offers on the Friday before, June 10. But in 2015, Best Buy launched their deal earlier than Amazon; the Amazon promo didn't start until the 14th, the Sunday before E3 (June 16-18).

Based on that, it's still quite possible that we'll see a legit Amazon promo. Feel free to panic on Sunday night, though.

I've bought like 12 games so far for almost 40% off. I ain't panicking about shit :p

I've bought like 12 games so far for almost 40% off. I ain't panicking about shit :p

Heh, fair. I'm thinking more about the niche console games (especially JRPGs) and handheld games that usually don't get targeted discounts like the ones Walmart does. For those games, it's blanket discounts or nothing.

Kyolux

Heh, fair. I'm thinking more about the niche console games (especially JRPGs) and handheld games that usually don't get targeted discounts like the ones Walmart does. For those games, it's blanket discounts or nothing.

Which I guess, any other year (post 2014) isn't so bad.

But I want a reason to mass pre order stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom