• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

8J2GOPh_d.jpg

What the!? :O

Day 73 edition.

Ps+ sub doesn't normally count for these. The question is, does it this time?

Good question, the terms seem like they don't exclude anything so I'm hesitantly going to say yes? Seems like pre-orders count as well and they have been excluded in the past.

early90spants

Neo Member
I know multiple people who were forced to return Tekken 7 and buy it again because Amazon wouldn't refund them the $30 difference for it going on sale so soon after release. I had to go through 3 different CSRs to get them to just refund me the $30 instead of making me do it. Really makes no sense logistically.

Walmart has everything minus the switch games back!

I snagged:

Days Gone
RDR2
Death Stranding
GOW

I need those damn switch games tho, would save a ton since I need 3 friggen copies of splatoon 2 for the family

Firestorm

40* with prime.

That's why I wanna get it. But I don't want to wait two months :/

Should I order it now and expect it to arrive within a week?

I ordered a kettle a few days ago that said 1 - 2 months and then it shipped today. I'd go for it. You can cancel if you're getting impatient.

Just got back from work. Any new E3 deals since last night?

Looks like Splatoon 2 still isn't on sale (or in stock) anywhere yet, which is the one thing I've yet been able to grab.

So Amazon prime discount won't apply crash or any of my other pre-orders?

I'm not better off pre-ordering from wm then?

The official word is that the prime 20% off only applies to the list price. For example, if the list price is $80, you're supposed to get a price as low as $64 with the Prime discount. When the E3 deal slashes the price down to $50, then you're only supposed to get $50, no further discount as the price is lower than $64 already.

Of course, that's only the official word. There is varying success on getting the discount anyway via CSR hassling. I've had some success myself, but people here are pretty mixed on the legitimacy of doing that.

Amazon terms said:
The 20% discount applies to an item's List Price and does not apply to an item's already discounted price.

JDH

Anyone know where I can get the Glacier White Dualshock 4 (the NEW version) for a good price? I can only find the old stock in Canada.

lupinko

PS Plus is $20 off during this PSN sale period right now. I would've went for it but I opted for SFV dlc and Niph digital deluxe. And I'm good till 2019 at least.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Just cancelled my Prime membership.

Dont see the point in being a subscriber when anyone can get games for the same price during actual sales like this.

antibolo

Banned
When Amazon says "1 to 2 months" it's not necessarily that long. I assume it's just their placeholder text for "we have no clue".

True Fire

Dont see the point in being a subscriber when anyone can get games for the same price during actual sales like this.

Well, Prime is useful for a lot more than games. If you were just using it for the 20% off you shouldn't have been subscribed in the first place.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
You'll miss getting the Amazon Prime shows two months later than the US, though!

Lmao, Ill also miss not getting stuff on release day with them.

Only reason I subscribed was for game discounts, couldn't care less about that other stuff.

eyesradar

I would have cancelled mine if I'm not taking advantages of my SO's student Prime. They took off the Prime discount for AmazonBasics and Toys-to-Lifes (Amiibos) recently. They also removed the Prime discount for SE/LEs games.

Very happy that Walmart stepped up the game this year. Keeping all my Walmart orders for now.

kevin1025

Banned
Lmao, Ill also miss not getting stuff on release day with them.

Only reason I subscribed was for game discounts, couldn't care less about that other stuff.

I only recently got it because my university e-mail still works for Prime Student, haha. I buy enough and there's enough of a gap outside of E3 that it's fairly worthwhile, especially since I watch a lot of TV.

But yeah, all of those $50 drops made 90% of my months-old orders non-Prime eligible, which certainly makes it less worthwhile, I agree with you there.

Kyolux

I'll keep it for the convenience of the 20% for everything that doesn't get listed during e3 and releases before the next. Also being able to jump on games I was originally passing.

Hey guys, I only pop in once in a while, but I just wanna say these $50 deals are amazing, and Amazon Prime is incredible if you live in a place with Same/One day delivery. Holy shit it's a game changer. We are always behind the bigger cities in Calgary, but this has completely validated my subscription.

Yes, because it applies to everything (preorders, LE, old games, sale prices).
Damn, I didn't know they got 20% off all software, regardless of release date. I'll dump Prime so fast if we ever get GCU here.

Even if I had to pay $40 instead of $30, I'd still be making back my money and then some.

farisr

Ugh, forgot it was only $30. BB Canada, please. We need this here. I would probably be willing to pay double that if brought over as-is.
Same here.

20% off any game old or new or limited, and even on top of sale prices sometimes. and an extra $10 certificate (that can be used online) on certain pre-orders for games as well? Yes please!

Right now Prime is worth it to me because of the included twitch subscription. If that goes away, I'll be unsubscribing.

AtlantiC_CodeX

Neo Member
Glad I jumped on this yesterday. Already received my copy from Wal-Mart.

It's in stock at Wal-Mart right now for the same price. I don't know how long it will take to get to Saint John but it will probably be within a week. If you have a Wal-Mart in the area they should match it, right?

I am learning to stop relying on Amazon so much when there are deals like this out there.

I was just planning to renew my Amazon prime on Monday thinking I'd be getting discounts for all my orders lol

I thought that's why everyone were trying to get their pre-orders from Amazon instead of wm. Since it didn't matter, I'm better off getting it from my local wm. And yeah we've got two of them in SJ.

Stage On

Well I had to phone in to get it but I finally have my best buy code. Now I just have to wait for them to actually list stuff so I can get started. Well that and for Amazon or Best buy to match Mario

Lexxism

Ugh, forgot it was only $30. BB Canada, please. We need this here. I would probably be willing to pay double that if brought over as-is.
And don't forget it is for 2-years! I don't know how they earn money on this. I'll be happy paying $50 on it. It's too bad we are always being neglected.

Grimsen

Amazon's slow ass shipping cost them a sale. I had bought Tekken yesterday on a whim, but they were only going to ship it on the 12.

I played last night at a friend's house, and while the game is pretty good, it's not much of a looker. Also, played a lot of single player, and the character creations were all absolutely terrible.

I'll stick to local versus when I visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom