• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

jholmes

Just cancelled my Prime membership.

Dont see the point in being a subscriber when anyone can get games for the same price during actual sales like this.

I was at least hoping the Video service would offset the hassle. They can't even bother making the existing Wii U app available in Canada six months later :/

I was at least hoping the Video service would offset the hassle. They can't even bother making the existing Wii U app available in Canada six months later :/
Why would they bother to do that for a dead platform? Is the Prime video app even available on CAN psn/xbl yet?

Odd that you guys aren't getting a good experience with Prime.

I'm always getting my shit on time without fail (same-day or one-day usually), I get to watch American Gods the day after it airs and it's only $40 a year since I'm a student. I'm quite happy with it.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Is there still a way to circumvent Best Buy's stupid "cannot ship to Québec" restriction? I remember using a workaround on their website a while ago, but I have no idea what it was...

jholmes

Why would they bother to do that for a dead platform? Is the Prime video app even available on CAN psn/xbl yet?

The app exists and even shipped on the thing at retail and they won't let you search for it or even redownload it if you have a launch unit.

But hey let's turn everything into a fucking console war, your platform is deader than my platform

Haines

Banned
DEAL for anyone in London, Ontario:

Walmart at White Oaks has PSVR for $385. They are going to be renovating and are selling off some video game stuff at stupid prices.

I just went there and grabbed a PS4 Pro for $350 but I think it might've been the last one. I did see 3 or 4 PSVR sets still on the shelf.

I also got Gravity Rush 2 for $30.

(From RFD http://forums.redflagdeals.com/walm...ast-guardian-15-ps4-ymmv-2104410/2/#p27873982)

Damn that's where I am but psvr just seems so mediocre to jump on at any.price

Firestorm

The app exists and even shipped on the thing at retail and they won't let you search for it or even redownload it if you have a launch unit.

But hey let's turn everything into a fucking console war, your platform is deader than my platform
What. This isn't a console war. The Wii U is literally not being produced anymore and has a successor that was released already and is on track to outsell its lifetime sales in a year.

jholmes

What. This isn't a console war. The Wii U is literally not being produced anymore and has a successor that was released already and is on track to outsell its lifetime sales in a year.

Doesn't have anything to do with Amazon making their app re-downloadable but your input as always is indispensable.

Xbudz

I sincerely hope Walmart doesn't run out of stock of Mr. Noodles and hold your Mario Odyssey back until they can ship all at once. lol

Mimosa97

Just tried to order Odyssey 2 at Walmart and it's out of stock. /sigh

I think I got the last one. Had my friend on the phone while I was ordering mine and like 5 seconds after I clicked on add to cart my friend says " Fuuuuck it's out of stock ".

I sincerely hope Walmart doesn't run out of stock of Mr. Noodles and hold your Mario Odyssey back until they can ship all at once. lol

Lmfao! I went to buy Mario and was like "piss 4 cents shy of free shipping now what do I do?!" searched noodles, added a Mr.Noodles and checked out xD

Doesn't have anything to do with Amazon making their app re-downloadable but your input as always is indispensable.

I think it's obvious his point is there's not a huge market on the Wii U and so it wouldn't make sense for Amazon to spend their resources working on their app for it. No reason to get defensive.

-Deimos

Thank you for the heads up.

Looks like I missed Destiny 2 PC on Walmart. So what's the deal with the French version of Destiny 2 on Amazon being $49 and not the English one? Does anyone know if they'll price adjust the English version to match?

It was $49 when I ordered yesterday. Guess it went up.

edit: They must have changed it since the Walmart copy is Bilingual. I don't think the language affects the game though so it's probably safe to order the French version, unless you want the case in English.

Ventara

Are 3DS games no longer part of any E3 deals? I was hoping to use it on EOV to counter act the Atlus tax.

Retailers will probably add them as more games get announced next week. At least, I hope. And I don't think there's any Atlus tax on EOV (or RH and SJR), so little bit of good news there.

Bluenoser

Crazy deals on almost all upcoming games at Amazon. E3 sale?

Anyway, just preordered:

Battlefront 2
Spiderman
Days Gone
God of War
Crash Trilogy
Red Dead 2

Total 279+tax. That is insane.

My Prime discount doesn't seem to be showing up on any game page. I still have Amazon Prime but no discounts are there at all. Existing orders are fine. This is just on games I might be interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom