• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
1) Add $79.99 game to cart.
2) Proceed to checkout. If it shows $72.31 (or equivalent in province's taxes), hit Change Quantity, Delete.
3) Hit Move to Cart on the Saved for Later item.
4) It should either show $54 or $72. If it shows $72, go through steps 2 and 3 again until it works!
Dear god that took me like 50 tries for Xeno 2.

New, faster method that also works after multiple tries: keep the game in your cart, but just keep switching between 1 and 2 in quantity. It's better and faster than deleting since you avoid the steps of having to re-add and go through some of the confirmation screens.

diaspora

FWIW, the "method" doesn't work. Refreshing gets you charged at normal price and deleting/readding gets you the regular 20% full price.

Jashobeam

add/remove trick worked on Ys VIII

AT0Mo0Z.jpg

N° 2048

FWIW, the "method" doesn't work. Refreshing gets you charged at normal price and deleting/readding gets you the regular 20% full price.

Again, it shows in the invoice two %20 stacked discounts.

It works. Just keep trying, I've done with with Xeno, FF7, Shadow of War and Ni No Kuni 2.

Look at the pic above my post.

hiim_haz

Banned
I just pre-ordered a bunch thanks to this.

ARMS for $54.23
Splatoon 2 for $54.23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for $54.23
Sea of Thieves for $39.99

Super Mario Odyssey won't apply the 20% off for E3 + Prime 20% off though.

Wedge7

Nice, took like 50 times, but finally got it for Ni No Kuni. Switched it up by changing the number from 1 to 2 like someone mentioned above.

New, faster method that also works after multiple tries: keep the game in your cart, but just keep switching between 1 and 2 in quantity. It's better and faster than deleting since you avoid the steps of having to re-add and go through some of the confirmation screens.

You are a genius. Totally works.

I can only imagine what the tech team watching Amazon.ca must be like. "Why the hell are so many people going to check out, cancelling, then going to checkout again? Do they just not know how to use the site."

I laugh a little thinking about it.

Downside of the 1/2 trick - got it to work with FFVII Remake... but during a time when the quantity was 2. Is there any way to cancel only one of them (i.e. reduce the order quantity to 1)? The cancel items page looks like it'll kill both of them...

No big deal since I guess I could try again, just wanted to be sure before I did.

kevin1025

Banned
If I already pre ordered Mario Odyssey on Amazon should the pre order price guarantee match the Walmart price of 49.99?

Since it keeps going out of stock at Wal-Mart, Amazon doesn't seem super interested in matching with them. It should if they keep it in stock for a good chunk of time over the next week, though!

Got Splatoon 2 to work but nothing working on Destiny 2 :( At least I have the FR Version.

Both Destiny 2 and Shadow of War took a couple of dozen tries. But I got them both to work, so it's definitely possible! Keep trying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom