• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
Happened to me for ni no kuni. I F5'd until it said 50 bucks, then went to my order page and it said 72.

Then I tried again just now by deleting and readding instead, and My ORders says it's 54 bucks.

Actually it's looking like you're right, at least in my experience. Refreshes haven't been working --- it keeps showing up as $72 in orders, and now removing from cart and re-adding totally still works. Just got Ni No Kuni II that way.

Happened to me for ni no kuni. I F5'd until it said 50 bucks, then went to my order page and it said 72.

Then I tried again just now by deleting and readding instead, and My ORders says it's 54 bucks.

i was able to get it to stick with f5

double discount does not seem to work on games that arent $79.99

CazTGG

Here's what I found works: If it doesn't show up, update, delete and then re-add the game to your cart. Repeat until it shows up.

Lizardus

If the double discount doesn't show up, change the quantity to 0. This will bring you to the page where you can add the games to your cart. Repeat this process untill successful. I was able to get ARMS, Splatoon 2 and XB2 for $50 each using this.

p2Lozvb.png
[/IMG]

Apocryphon

Awesome to hear - what do you use it with?

I think its time to move on from my old Macbook Pro (non retina) & Thunderbolt display setup....just got the 2016 macbook on the cheap cause of the new model, I am wondering if you have the same computer or similar computer and how it runs on this display?

Good to hear though. Looks like newegg and amazon have them in stock, but newegg is a bit cheaper.

Hopefully they're still in stock next week when I am able to order!

MacBook Pro, PC and my PS4. It's the nicest display I've ever used and came very well calibrated straight out the box. I'm very happy with it.

Xbudz

Ok, I stand corrected.
F5ing doens't work but deleting and re-adding over and over and over and over and over again until you get double discounts worked.

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 79.99
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Prime Savings: -CDN$ 16.00
E3 20% Off: -CDN$ 16.00

Total before tax: CDN$ 47.99
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 2.40
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 3.36
Grand Total: CDN$ 53.75

Looks like I'm getting ARMS on Friday

iiicon

I must be lucky, both Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade 2 worked on first try.

Oh weird, Splatoon 2 only has one discount on my order page.

What the hell black magic are you people performing? Can you post clear steps? Changing quantities kicks me back to the cart screen with no items, re-adding from there and checking out again doesn't do shit.

What the hell black magic are you people performing? Can you post clear steps? Changing quantities kicks me back to the cart screen with no items, re-adding from there and checking out again doesn't do shit.

That's exactly what you do. It can take many tries. ARMS took me at least 25 tries. I got Fire Emblem Warriors in like 2 tries, and Xenoblade 2 took about 10.

kevin1025

Banned

1) Add $79.99 game to cart.
2) Proceed to checkout. If it shows $72.31 (or equivalent in province's taxes), hit Change Quantity, Delete.
3) Hit Move to Cart on the Saved for Later item.
4) It should either show $54 or $72. If it shows $72, go through steps 2 and 3 again until it works!

RNG

Got FF7 in the bag. All you have to do is keep deleting the item at the last page and then "move to cart" under the "saved for later" list, checkout, repeat until discount shows up at checkout.

Keep repeating the process, that's all.

FEW works

a4SjvJs.png

That's exactly what you do. It can take many tries. ARMS took me at least 25 tries. I got Fire Emblem Warriors in like 2 tries, and Xenoblade 2 took about 10.

Damn, this is glitchy as fuck. FEW on the first try, still nothing for ARMS or Valkyria Revolution (yeah I know I know shaddup).

1) Add $79.99 game to cart.
2) Proceed to checkout. If it shows $72.31 (or equivalent in province's taxes), hit Change Quantity, Delete.
3) Hit Move to Cart on the Saved for Later item.
4) It should either show $54 or $72. If it shows $72, go through steps 2 and 3 again until it works!

This is the process I was following, for anyone else trying. It does work, it's just really random.

Yup, can confirm changing quantity to 0, moving back to cart, and repeating worked for Splatoon 2! No luck with Dissidia NT so far but it's a good sign!

c791eb63dab97f8f7497ae8f306b4f6a.png

Top = Splatoon 2 order that was deleted and re-added.

Bottom = Splatoon 2 order that was F5'ed, showed 54 at checkout, but was really 72 on order details.

Here's what I found works: If it doesn't show up, update, delete and then re-add the game to your cart. Repeat until it shows up.

lol so far I've only been able to get this to work for Destiny 2, but nothing else. I don't even feel bad for doing this since I feel like Prime members SHOULD be getting something extra.

Lizardus

Does this work for RDR2 and KH3? They are already at the double stack discount prices.

Only if you refresh for glitch on confirmation page, if you add to cart, remove it and re-add works.

My invoices on Amazon says: Grand Total: CDN$ 54.23

Nope. Only 79.99 games so far.

Didn't someone get it on Radiant Historia?

chrono01

I got my pre-orders in for:

Splatoon 2
ARMS
Fire Emblem Warriors
YS VIII (PS4)
Xenoblade 2

Great stuff!

Will probably try FFVII now.

Edit: Got FFVIIR now!

Xbudz

So, considering it could take a long ass time for FF7 Remake to come out, will we have to continue being Prime members for the double discount to be honored, or will it keep the Prime discount even if I don't subscribe in say.. 2-3 years when that game actually drops?

Whales

Banned
Wait, so this year the amazon e3 deal was only supposed to be 20% off pre orders?

Ew, thank god walmart forced their hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom