• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trading:

ARMS ($64? might be more than I paid for it)
Nier: Automata (Finished)
Tekken 7 (Not feeling it)
Mass Effect: Andromeda (This is the $20 one I just picked up, lol)
Resident Evil VII

y44giieos3kor5xjo7t7.gif

Kyolux

How much do they ask for used copies. May pick it up with some of that trade in $.

Only if I got enough though after Skyrim vr and agents of mayhem preorder I guess.

In three minutes lost my receipt already lol but as I recall, I got over $40 each for streetfighter switch and BioShock PS4. Excellent deal.

Ventara

Went to EB for the double trade promo. Here are the values before promo.

Nioh (PS4) - $25
Splatoon 2 (Switch) - $35
Resident Evil 7 (PS4) - $24
Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4) - $25
Crash Trilogy (PS4) - $19
Cave Story + (Switch) - $17

Traded the first 3.

Anyone know the trade in for mass effect Andromeda?

I believe someone on RFD mentioned it being $13 on RFD the day before yesterday. Might have dropped, though.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
What are you guys trading towards?

What are you guys trading towards?

Marvel v capcom
Dragon ball fighterz
Rabbids

Basically anything that wasnt $49 during e3 sales.

Wow $36 for GTA. I wish I could dump my $60 digital copy from 2 years ago. This is a prime example of why all-digital is so not worth it.

Kyolux

Marvel v capcom
Dragon ball fighterz
Rabbids

Basically anything that wasnt $49 during e3 sales.

Wow $36 for GTA. I wish I could dump my $60 digital copy from 2 years ago. This is a prime example of why all-digital is so not worth it.

We need digital sales matching prime on release.

Would love less clutter in my house.

We need digital sales matching prime on release.

Would love less clutter in my house.

True, great point. Simple solution would be for publishers to allow re-selling digital licenses. But I guess they don't care to (yet) since full price digital is still an area of continuous revenue growth.

Then again, 10 game cases takes up like 1-2 sq ft of space, meh.

SickBoy

If anyone trades or sees a value somewhere for Overwatch, please post about it! I'm not done with the game but want it digitally... if the TIV is right, I'll trade and wait for a PSN sale..

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Dat feel when you wanna trade some games but havent beaten them yet.

Nier Automata
Nioh
Prey
Deus Ex
FFXII Zodiac Age

Oh well. Enjoy the promo for those who did make use of it.

bryt

I can trade games in Burnaby after 6:30PM right? Didn't realize it was double trade credit today and didn't bring my games to work in Vancouver.

zroid

Banned
Just put it up on kijiji for retail sans tax
You could do that, although since it's worth $70 with the promo, and if you intend to put the credit directly toward a purchase, then you'd effectively be getting $70+tax -- which may be just about $80 anyway (depending on province)

more importantly though... trading splatoon 2 already?! you're crazy :D

I know this is a game thread, but just to talk about streaming services for a second. It's fucking ridiculous that CraveTV still doesn't have a PS4 app (or any other gaming device not the Xbox One). Here's a tweet from 2014 from CraveTV saying they're "definitely" working on apps for gaming platforms. 2014!!!
https://twitter.com/cravetvcanada/status/540470619230724096?lang=en

Same thing with TMN Go. I don't understand why they have had an Xbox One app for so long, but silence for PS4.

I know this is a game thread, but just to talk about streaming services for a second. It's fucking ridiculous that CraveTV still doesn't have a PS4 app (or any other gaming device not the Xbox One). Here's a tweet from 2014 from CraveTV saying they're "definitely" working on apps for gaming platforms. 2014!!!
Honestly, it doesn't surprise me. Crave TV is just like Shomi in that it exists solely to try and get more money. They don't give a shit about increasing service.

kevin1025

Banned

CraveTV (Bell Media in general) loves cutting corners. There's so many problematic tweets sent their way when I routinely check for the PS4 app being mentioned.

The Xbox One app took well over a year after their first "soon", and it's been forever since they started saying PS4 app is "soon", too. I've just accepted that Xbox One is the movie/TV streaming system at this point, at least here in Canada. TMN/HBO Go and Shudder are locked to Xbox, as well.

Ventara

Dat feel when you wanna trade some games but havent beaten them yet.

Nier Automata
Nioh
Prey
Deus Ex
FFXII Zodiac Age

Oh well. Enjoy the promo for those who did make use of it.

I know that feel. Had to let go of Nioh and RE7. Nioh was just too hard for me, and I just didn't have time for RE7. Will pick the latter up down the line for cheap.

I did decide to keep Horizon and Crash Trilogy, though.

LakeEarth

CraveTV (Bell Media in general) loves cutting corners. There's so many problematic tweets sent their way when I routinely check for the PS4 app being mentioned.

The Xbox One app took well over a year after their first "soon", and it's been forever since they started saying PS4 app is "soon", too. I've just accepted that Xbox One is the movie/TV streaming system at this point, at least here in Canada. TMN/HBO Go and Shudder are locked to Xbox, as well.
I've said this before: If they want to compete with Netflix, they gotta COMPETE with Netflix. Which means apps on every phone, TV, gaming system, casting device, VCR, toaster and refrigerator. The fucking 3DS has a Netflix app.

I think I'll get the CraveTV month trial, and see if my Roku Cast app can get it on my TV.

re: streaming services - SportsNet Now is also only available on XB1. I wonder if PS4 isn't as accessible for these companies, or if XB just makes greater strides to be a well-rounded media unit.

RNG

Can confirm that ARMS is worth $64 for trade in, made a profit thanks to that Amazon double glitch back in June and put it towards a Mario Odyssey pre-order so I only had to pay around $4-5 out of my own pocket lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom