• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seik

Banned
EBGames Mario Odyssey pre-order bonus is here, boys

VNR8lBB.jpg

Smell like Mario with my Arms sleeves while drinking Mountain Dew from my Splatoon cup

Smells like plumber.

Kyolux

So my cellphone plan with Videotron was changed to 14 GB it seems.

Used to be 6 + unlimited music until the CRTC shut that down.

I thought they told me I was getting an extra gig for the trouble, not 8. But I'll take it.

Skulldead

So my cellphone plan with Videotron was changed to 14 GB it seems.

Used to be 6 + unlimited music until the CRTC shut that down.

I thought they told me I was getting an extra gig for the trouble, not 8. But I'll take it.

Yeah actualy they calculate how much data you were using with the unlimited music, and add this to your contract. My friend had spotify open 12-13 hours a day for his shop, and they give him a bonus 24 GB. He was quite happy haha.

Kyolux

Yeah actualy they calculate how much data you were using with the unlimited music, and add this to your contract. My friend had spotify open 12-13 hours a day for his shop, and they give him a bonus 24 GB. He was quite happy haha.

Yeah my usage was low (under a gig per month. Not sure why it got bumped).

Sealtest

For anyone looking for cloud player 2 check your local ebgames. The ones in Windsor got a small restock and I'm hearing a lot of stores are getting them.

Yeah my usage was low (under a gig per month. Not sure why it got bumped).

because your contract includes unlimited music. CRTC has stated that Videotron has to respect the contracts (or modify them & allow you to cancel). Videotron gave the contract holders the average of their music usage with the min being the all users average of 8gb.

SickBoy

Not quire sure this counts as a deal, but Graphics Cards prices being what they have been...

GTX 1060 6gb for $329 feels like a deal.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01IA9FEOO/

That's the card I bought and it's been perfectly fine. (And I think it is a good deal -- when I bought in January, I paid $300, but that was considerably cheaper than anywhere else... the standard "low" price then was about $350 for a 6GB 1060... today it seems more like $360/$370).

Anyone who does choose to order that, you may want to mark it as a gift (if you can) when you order it, as it lists as being shipped in "Frustration Free Packaging" (a.k.a.: we slap a shipping label on the outside of the box and send it away)

Hopeford

That's the card I bought and it's been perfectly fine. (And I think it is a good deal -- when I bought in January, I paid $300, but that was considerably cheaper than anywhere else... the standard "low" price then was about $350 for a 6GB 1060... today it seems more like $360/$370).

Anyone who does choose to order that, you may want to mark it as a gift (if you can) when you order it, as it lists as being shipped in "Frustration Free Packaging" (a.k.a.: we slap a shipping label on the outside of the box and send it away)

Oooh thanks for letting me know, I was about to order it and would never have thought about the packaging if you hadn't let me know.

Yeah because of mining and stuff the price has been absurd lately. This is not as strong as a dual fan card but I'm still gonna go for it, the price difference is enough to convince me.

leeman

Is the game worth it at this price?

I personally think so.

I look at it as a Chrono Trigger "lite". You could finish it pretty easily in 25 hours (I spent 40 doing everything, grinding a bit, etc). Lots of little nods to CT, but definitely not as great a game.

For a little bit sized RPG on the go, I thought it was perfect. Just don't expect it to be massive, deep, etc, it's fairly short and sweet.

Kyolux

because your contract includes unlimited music. CRTC has stated that Videotron has to respect the contracts (or modify them & allow you to cancel). Videotron gave the contract holders the average of their music usage with the min being the all users average of 8gb.

Oh ok. Thought it might be it. Thanks for the details.

I want to buy Shovel Knight for the 3ds but I am afraid it'll go on sale right after I do buy it. That seems to happen to me all the time with Nintendo games.

chronosic

I personally think so.

I look at it as a Chrono Trigger "lite". You could finish it pretty easily in 25 hours (I spent 40 doing everything, grinding a bit, etc). Lots of little nods to CT, but definitely not as great a game.

For a little bit sized RPG on the go, I thought it was perfect. Just don't expect it to be massive, deep, etc, it's fairly short and sweet.
The music is great as well.

Ventara

Went in to pick up my N2DS XL and the CSR verbally confirmed that there's the double trade promo tomorrow. Also, the tivs of RE7 (PS4) and Cave Story+ (Switch) as of today are $24 and $17 respectively.

firelogic

I hope I can get around $50 tiv for Horizon. I was debating keeping it for the DLC but I wasn't going to buy it day 1 anyway due to it being $27.

jholmes

Is the game worth it at this price?

I'd mostly concur with leeman, I really liked the game although the heavy snow-and-piano esthetic might not work for everyone. If you haven't played Chrono Trigger you might want to do that first, it's obviously the better game.

Make sure you go HAM on the magic Secret of Mana style, the real beauty of I am Setsuna is when you combine the magic to do utterly bonkers things in the late game.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Bad news, EB told me the double credit only applies towards Switch, PS4, and XBO games.

Sad as I had Wii U games I wanted to trade in. :(

Well that sucks. I wanted to get rid of some 3DS games.

daftstar

Has anyone canceled a pre-order from Walmart? I'd like to cancel some orders I placed during E3 but I remember reading the experience didn't go over well with them.

lupinko

I hope I can get around $50 tiv for Horizon. I was debating keeping it for the DLC but I wasn't going to buy it day 1 anyway due to it being $27.

The Horizon DLC is $20 if you have PS+. if you don't have PS Plus then just do a two day trial to activate it.

Mattiator

Hey everyone, not a deal so I am sorry.
Does anyone have any recommandations for a dsn blocker for netflix.
I have looked a little bit but I am looking for the best deal and something trustworthy.

Thanks for your time.

kennah

Hey everyone, not a deal so I am sorry.
Does anyone have any recommandations for a dsn blocker for netflix.
I have looked a little bit but I am looking for the best deal and something trustworthy.

Thanks for your time.
Do any of them even still work?

NeoZylom

I ordered a 4K TV on Amazon.ca (Sony X900E) on July 24th... Did not receive it. Tracking hasn't move since July 27th (They are using CEVA. I looked up on the internet at CEVA's review and it's really bad!)

Decided to call Amazon tonight. CEVA lost my TV. I'm so mad. Had to vent. They are sending me a new one with CEVA again. Grrr.

Anyone here ever bought a TV on Amazon? Were you satisfied?

Mikey Jr.

I ordered a 4K TV on Amazon.ca (Sony X900E) on July 24th... Did not receive it. Tracking hasn't move since July 27th (They are using CEVA. I looked up on the internet at CEVA's review and it's really bad!)

Decided to call Amazon tonight. CEVA lost my TV. I'm so mad. Had to vent. They are sending me a new one with CEVA again. Grrr.

Anyone here ever bought a TV on Amazon? Were you satisfied?

Never understood how big products like this worked. How do they deliver this? To your door?

I'd never do that. Just tell me where to pick it up.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Never understood how big products like this worked. How do they deliver this? To your door?

I'd never do that. Just tell me where to pick it up.

Works just like any delivery. When I ordered mine, I forget who actually delivered it, but they had two guys show up to carry it into my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom