• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

MercuryLS3

Can confirm that ARMS is worth $64 for trade in, made a profit thanks to that Amazon double glitch back in June and put it towards a Mario Odyssey pre-order so I only had to pay around $4-5 out of my own pocket lol

Wait whete can I trade it in for that amount?

Corey31

I don't think this has been mentioned yet, if anyone was on the lookout for a new 4K TV that supports true HDR, Costco has the 2017 Vizio M-Series on sale. I believe this is the first time this year's models are on sale.

The 65 inch is $1479.99 online / $1399.99 in-store: https://www.costco.ca/Vizio-M65-E0-...-Home-Theatre-Display-.product.100363358.html

The 55 inch is $9.49 online. Don't know the in-store price: https://www.costco.ca/Vizio-M55-E0-...R-Home-Theatre-Display.product.100366344.html

Since the TCL P is not carried in Canada yet (and according to their official twitter account they have no plans in offering it anytime soon), this is likely the best bang for your buck TV available in Canada.

It's really tempting me but I want to hold off until closer to Black Friday / Boxing Day just for budget reasons.

AtlasJQ

Neo Member
Getting 64 for ARMS really helped me avoid feeling like I'd wasted my money. Put it toward Mario+Rabbids. Got 48 for overwatch on XB1 which is nuts considering how many hours I put into it. Taking advantage of the 2x trade days is really amazing.

Saprol

After promo : 66 for persona 5, 36 for GTA V, 54 for Ff12.

I thought I was gonna play Path of Exile's big patch update this afternoon but I don't want to throw away double trade-in credit or all the trophy work I've already put in yesterday. 😱

IekVSTf.png

DEAL

Best Buy has various Skylander starter sets on sale, INCLUDING Imaginators on Switch for $50 (down from $80)! :D

And the Crash & Cortex pack is still $30 (down from $40) at EB, effectively making the pack free for a full-price starter!

Just grabbed both. Nice stroke of luck! :D

krae_man

Apparently there's also a promo when you get a $10 gift card if you spend more then $50 on a used game.

They let me stack the promos. Got RE7 and a $10 gift card for $4.50 after trade in.

Mikey Jr.

So quick question. Brother wants a switch.

Whats the best Canadian method to get one at this point? I know those lucky Americans have that website that updates which stores have them, but what about us dirty plebs?

Ventara

Apparently there's also a promo when you get a $10 gift card if you spend more then $50 on a used game.

They let me stack the promos. Got RE7 and a $10 gift card for $4.50 after trade in.

Wait, what? I bought Disgaea for $63 and didn't get anything. Do you have the details for this promo?

krae_man

Wait, what? I bought Disgaea for $63 and didn't get anything. Do you have the details for this promo?

I don't know, There was a stack of brochures by his computer and he scanned a barcode on one of the brochures. He phoned another store to see if it was allowed to stack with the trade in credit promo and they just said "if the computer lets you, do it". and the computer let him.

Sinistral

Was able to get Splatoon 2 for $15 at EBGames, after trading in FFXV for $28, and Gravity Rush 2 for $38. Both disappointing games I didn't feel the need to keep in my collection. Win Win!

Whats the best Canadian method to get one at this point? I know those lucky Americans have that website that updates which stores have them, but what about us dirty plebs?

Lots for sale on Kijiji in Toronto at or around retail price.

Clive

Does anyone know why there's no prime discount on FIFA 18?

I tried chatting with customer service but they told me it didn't qualify...then I found this :
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/A3ORHFGETE/

Looks like it should qualify to me...Madden does.

How did you find that page though? My guess is that you clicked on the details for Madden's (or other game) promotion and got to it that way. All it says is that the game in particular is part of some promotion, not why it is part of it, or that other games should be part of it.

I actually asked about this issue a few pages back in this thread and it seems there are no rules for the Prime discount on video games. They can do as they please.

-epidemic-

Neo Member
How did you find that page though? My guess is that you clicked on the details for Madden's (or other game) promotion and got to it that way. All it says is that the game in particular is part of some promotion, not why it is part of it, or that other games should be part of it.

I actually asked about this issue a few pages back in this thread and it seems there are no rules for the Prime discount on video games. They can do as they please.

Yeah, you're right...I looked at a bunch of other big fall releases and they all seem to have the discount except fifa.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Dumped FFXII for $54. I wanted to keep that sexy steelbook but for $40 more than I paid I aint complainin'

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Does anyone know the trade value of a White PS4 500gb at Eb Games? Also does best buy do console trades ?

They're giving $200 all month for any PS4/XB1.

No idea about BB.

Kyolux

They're giving $200 all month for any PS4/XB1.

No idea about BB.

I'm so not sure what to do about this.

I have 2 PS4 right now. Was keeping one in Montreal at my gf's.. but I brought it back because it wasn't used and basically use it as a Plex machine now on my 1080p tv while the pro is on the 4k.

Not sure if I should just get money for it instead of keeping it.

krae_man

$200? Damn. Can this be put towards X1X? You think they'll have something better for X1X pre-order promo?

They had a $230 trade in promo not too long ago so they could do something better.

Sony and Microsoft can also drop the price of the systems by $50 at literally any moment so there's that risk as well.

Try checking out Wal-Marts. Because the available stock isn't viewable online like Best Buy, I think some stores might still have some (from Splatoon restock?). Last week I picked up one from a Toronto area WM that still had ~8 or so in stock. Heard other people in different Wal-Marts having success as well.

Is there anywhere online that I can order a set of yellow joycons, and a set of pink and green joycons?

edit: For standard or at least very near standard prices, haha.

Just a quick FYI: I was finally doing the "stuff foam in the joycons" fix and noticed my most recently bought switch from a few weeks back had already been fixed with a little square of foam lol

Not gonna lie I thought the whole fix was bs but I guess Nintendo sends them like that now xD

Mikey Jr.

Try checking out Wal-Marts. Because the available stock isn't viewable online like Best Buy, I think some stores might still have some (from Splatoon restock?). Last week I picked up one from a Toronto area WM that still had ~8 or so in stock. Heard other people in different Wal-Marts having success as well.

Lots for sale on Kijiji in Toronto at or around retail price.

We have a stock updating website, too.
http://www.nowinstock.net/ca/videogaming/consoles/nintendoswitch/

Also, if you haven't yet you should join our Discord and subscribe to the Switch Hunt channel.

They have a bunch at bestbuy.ca

Unfortunateky,their store sucks the ass.

Ordered the thing, got stuck at an infinite visa checkout thing.

Finally went through, got an email few hours later saying they can't process my card. Fucking lol.

Mikey Jr.

Canadian Deals GAF Discord V1.0 is go! (Quote to reveal Link)

Now features:
  • Custom Notifications (Divided by Console/Theme/Hunt)
  • Provincial Rank/Role notifications (For retail store offerings in your area)
  • Full mobile support & push notifications.
  • More Bot Features coming soon.
If anyone has any suggestions or feedback, please contact us through discord or reply to this post.

So quick question.

I have it on mobile and added the channel.

I'm looking for a switch. Is there instructions for the push notifications? New to discord. Kinda no idea what I'm doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom