• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaaan

*crap*

Mario + Rabbids comes out next week? I haven't even bothered trying to find a Switch yet cause the release date always felt so far away.

KJA

If anybody's looking for a Switch in the Mississauga area, Wal-Mart at Square One has a bunch (12 or so by the looks of it).

Also, a bunch of Animal Crossing amiibo are hilariously cheap.

Ryde3

If anyone is looking to buy a 1080, they seem to be packaging a copy of Destiny 2 with purchases again. Just ordered the Gigabyte from Amazon for 659$

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
The source has both grey and neon in stock right now.

Don't forget to grab a $25 off code by signing up to their newsletter
with a temporary e-mail address if you want.

Ryde3

I have an Xbox One X pre ordered at EB, but want to trade my original Xbox One in when it comes out. What are the odds of them doing a trade in promo for the original Xbox One comes the One X release date?

I see the promo is trade in an Xbox One console and get the XBX for 399$ - is the Xbox One S also worth 200$ towards the XBX? Or is it worth a bit more and the 200$ is for the OG Xbox One? Anyone know?

AtlasJQ

Neo Member
I see the promo is trade in an Xbox One console and get the XBX for 399$ - is the Xbox One S also worth 200$ towards the XBX? Or is it worth a bit more and the 200$ is for the OG Xbox One? Anyone know?

I believe they are both worth $200 toward the X, which is a bit weird but I guess the S kind of replaced the One so that's why they are doing it.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Oh damn, thanks. My only concern is I've never ordered something from them before online and I don't want to add yet another thing spamming me with "deals".

I've ordered my Switch from them without any problem, for what it's worth. You'll probably receive spam like with any online store account, but it should be fairly easy to opt out.

xanavi

Thanks for the tips, I ordered myself a switch for Mario + Rabbids too. Gmail does a pretty good job of filtering out the promo emails so I don't even get alerts for them. You can always opt out afterwards too.

It works, I just did it today. It at first came out to $299 and there was some confusion but I got it for $219.

Did you have to push them to get it for $219 or did they just sort it out? My launch PS4 sounds like a jet engine and wouldn't mind upgrading to a Pro for the 1080p remote play... Also, there's not a single fucking store in Calgary with the 1TB slim in stock.

Update - EB in Vancouver has been cleared out of PS4 Pros as a result of this promo. I pre-ordered the glacier white Destiny bundle using my PS4 trade in

What was the total cost for pre-ordering that version with trade in?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I've set my computer to dump a bucket of water on me if I get an alert on Amazon while I'm sleeping.

Firestorm

People made up the idea that Amazon will release a new item at the time they normally update their website with deals even though I don't think it's been true for a single hardware launch?

Dazzler

Did you have to push them to get it for $219 or did they just sort it out? My launch PS4 sounds like a jet engine and wouldn't mind upgrading to a Pro for the 1080p remote play... Also, there's not a single fucking store in Calgary with the 1TB slim in stock.

What was the total cost for pre-ordering that version with trade in?

I got $230 credit for my PS4 launch console, so $320 bucks remaining

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Was about to try to do the PS4 Pro trade in thing and called to check and my local store said they aren't doing it and that stores shouldn't be doing it. He even said "some guy complained that he read about it on a forum" when they denied his trade in and it made me wonder if it was someone here or on RFD. lol

joms5

4vonSG.gif

Thank you gaf. Now I just need an SNES classic and I will be complete for the year.

Sylwest

I'm actually surprised it sold out as quickly as it did. I managed to grab one. Not sure if I'll keep it yet.

Edit: Nevermind, they added more? It's showing "limited quantities available" now.

I've never been a fan of them for locking content behind either, however I need the content locked behind these. Also truth be told they look pretty rad

edit: they are back it seems, thank god cause it's not fair and Nintendo would deserve the shit show of locking content behind the amiibos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom