• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
It works, I just did it today. It at first came out to $299 and there was some confusion but I got it for $219.

Okay - I want to do this today, what exactly do I need to do?

Also, how did you back up your PS4 stuff? I assume you can't keep the drive?

chrono01

I've been refreshing the Best Buy listing for the Super Nintendo Classic Mini occasionally, just in-case they got a restock, and noticed they just pulled it. It now shows a "Page Not Found". :/

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Okay - I want to do this today, what exactly do I need to do?

Also, how did you back up your PS4 stuff? I assume you can't keep the drive?
The price seems to be YMMV, you should check that your store is doing it lest you go down and they turn you away.

You can format a drive and move games to the other drive as extended storage. Or you can do a full system backup.

shira

I've been refreshing the Best Buy listing for the Super Nintendo Classic Mini occasionally, just in-case they got a restock, and noticed they just pulled it. It now shows a "Page Not Found". :/

Damn you thirsty
sweat.gif

chrono01

Damn you thirsty
sweat.gif
You might say that, haha.

It's just something I do when I'm on the PC, I don't re-schedule my life around it (yet). I just hope my Target pre-order holds, I noticed a charge on my credit card and the order is still listed, so that's at least something. Ideally, I'd like to get two of them, since my sister is looking for one too.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
The price seems to be YMMV, you should check that your store is doing it lest you go down and they turn you away.

You can format a drive and move games to the other drive as extended storage. Or you can do a full system backup.

Full system backup to an external drive, then restore to the PS4 Pro?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
That Metroid 2pack sold out in less than 30 mins.

How are any of you gonna tell me Nintendo doesnt have supply chain issues? Artificial scarcity? More like superreal scarcity.

Vamphuntr

That Metroid 2pack sold out in less than 30 mins.

How are any of you gonna tell me Nintendo doesnt have supply chain issues? Artificial scarcity? More like superreal scarcity.

It's their business model at this point. Low print of expensive editions and figurines. 40$ for two cheap figurines and 65$ for a LE of Metroid that is basically a music CD. It sells out all the time so they will keep doing it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1355415.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fuzzy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Overwatch 5 Lootboxes -- MB-2F7F182FFDFA9913 - Taken by shira

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
It's their business model at this point. Low print of expensive editions and figurines. 40$ for two cheap figurines and 65$ for a LE of Metroid that is basically a music CD. It sells out all the time so they will keep doing it.

You know what fucking pisses me right off, people jump to their defence with the WiiU and Animal Crossing amiibo defence. Because lord help me those flopped doesnt mean literally every single product they make needs to be SEVERELY limited. Nintendo's been in this business for 30+ years, their supply chain should not be this incompetent.

I got money, sell me your fucking product. Stop making me do this song and dance just for a chance to buy a product everytime, be it a limited edition or a piece of hardware.

God dammit Im pissed off something fierce right now.

ahdurian

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1355415.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fuzzy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Fuzzy the MVP

shira

ModBot Basics:

THANK YOU FUZZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
brood_love.gif
bts_lina.gif
luna_love.gif
luna_love.gif
pa_kiss.gif
wink.gif

Damn, I never won nothing in my life.
What a week 2 snes classics and OW hats

Karma is gonna be a bitch

jholmes

You know what fucking pisses me right off, people jump to their defence with the WiiU and Animal Crossing amiibo defence. Because lord help me those flopped doesnt mean literally every single product they make needs to be SEVERELY limited. Nintendo's been in this business for 30+ years, their supply chain should not be this incompetent.

I got money, sell me your fucking product. Stop making me do this song and dance just for a chance to buy a product everytime, be it a limited edition or a piece of hardware.

Geez dude how did you miss out on the amiibo again? I figured you'd be like me and be watching this thread like a hawk today. I thought we were in this together!

Fuzzy

Wait, did you miss something you wanted?

Call me old fashioned but Im not interested in discord.

This thread + RFD is good enough for me.

Bronetta

Wait, did you miss something you wanted?

Can Discord reach me when Im in a train with no reception or in the middle of the night when Im asleep??????

Tapejara

Did anyone who pre-ordered COD WW2 off Amazon get their Beta code yet? Beta is live Friday and I haven't gotten my code yet

Did you get the email with the first code (format XXXX-XXXXX-XXXX) that you put into the Call of Duty website? I got that one shortly after pre-ordering in June, but I'm still waiting for the actual code, which I think Activision handles.

Lizardus

Everyone on Discord got one, seems like you missed out :/

Better luck next time, hopefully a hobo doesn't try to take it if you get one.

Can Discord reach me when Im in a train with no reception or in the middle of the night when Im asleep??????

That's really a bad comparison and you know it.

Did you get the email with the first code (format XXXX-XXXXX-XXXX) that you put into the Call of Duty website? I got that one shortly after pre-ordering in June, but I'm still waiting for the actual code, which I think Activision handles.

I... don't think so? Guess I'll message Amazon's chat

Did anyone who pre-ordered COD WW2 off Amazon get their Beta code yet? Beta is live Friday and I haven't gotten my code yet
Nope. I asked a CSR about it on Monday and they said they were going to escalate the question, but I never got response. So, I asked another CSR today and they told me to just wait, and that I'll get one before Sept 1 (XB beta)

Bronetta

So because you and your discord buddies all got one somehow makes it ok that this thing wasnt even up for 30 minutes? Whats even the point of taking preorders if they cant use it to gauge demand and produce more.

Its a perfectly valid comparison. First time it went up on Amazon in the middle of the night while I was asleep. This time I was on the train and by the time I got out I was out of luck again.

Tapejara

I... don't think so? Guess I'll message Amazon's chat

The email should be titled: "Benefit Confirmation for your Order [your order number]".

Also, I just checked the Call of Duty beta page and it says this:

To gain access to the Call of Duty: WWII Private Multiplayer Beta, you need to pre-order the game at a participating retailer. Head over to www.callofduty.com/beta for more details. If you pre-order from the PlayStation Store, you can pre-download now to jump right into the action once the Beta starts on Aug 25 @ 10AM PT.

https://blog.activision.com/t5/Call...rivate-Multiplayer-Beta-Details/ba-p/10362723

So I'm guessing those who pre-ordered at retail/Xbox users won't be able to preload.

Fuzzy

Isn't it a good thing we all got an alert for what time it would be live hours earlier and then again when it did go live?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Full system backup to an external drive, then restore to the PS4 Pro?
Yeah, it's like the PS3 process. But now that you can use drives as additional storage, you can manually move games over and just plug in the external drive to the new system after you authenticate it. At least I think that's how it works based on a GAF thread from a while ago.

Just got one from Walmart today.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

Phoned EB and confirmed - 219 for a PS4 Pro. The consensus is this is a very good deal, yes? Because I'll go do this asap, the person on the phone said the deal is on until the 27th.

Yeah, it's like the PS3 process. But now that you can use drives as additional storage, you can manually move games over and just plug in the external drive to the new system after you authenticate it. At least I think that's how it works based on a GAF thread from a while ago.

Just got one from Walmart today.

Cool - thank you!

I'm not actually sure everyone on Discord got one.

Also, while I love the Discord and spend a lot of time on it, I think Bronetta is right about they way Nintendo is handling this. The Discord is ultimately a workaround for the stupid way in which Nintendo is rolling out pre-orders, and it shouldn't let Nintendo off the hook. I mean, what if you were away from your computer that morning? Even if you joined the Discord and set up the alerts, there's no guarantee you would've gotten one. People have shit to do.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Phoned EB and confirmed - 219 for a PS4 Pro. The consensus is this is a very good deal, yes? Because I'll go do this asap, the person on the phone said the deal is on until the 27th.
It's similar to the one when the Pro first came out. Glad you found a store that would do it. lol

Fuzzy

Also, while I love the Discord and spend a lot of time on it, I think Bronetta is right about they way Nintendo is handling this. The Discord is ultimately a workaround for the stupid way in which Nintendo is rolling out pre-orders, and it shouldn't let Nintendo off the hook. I mean, what if you were away from your computer that morning? Even if you joined the Discord and set up the alerts, there's no guarantee you would've gotten one. People have shit to do.
You're completely right but when people offer a suggestion on how to improve something for yourself you can't blame them if they have a little fun at your expense when they ignore that advice. That's especially true since I warned them I would. ;)

Bronetta, I have an extra Metroid 2-pack from Amazon that's yours if you want it.

Lizardus

So because you and your discord buddies all got one somehow makes it ok that this thing wasnt even up for 30 minutes? Whats even the point of taking preorders if they cant use it to gauge demand and produce more.

Its a perfectly valid comparison. First time it went up on Amazon in the middle of the night while I was asleep. This time I was on the train and by the time I got out I was out of luck again.

True but I'm sure that the thread wouldn't have helped you either, in those two circumstances. The Discord is made exactly because of stupid shit like limited quantity and pre-orders going up at random times. Notifications are a big help.

That part was mostly in jest but Discord is not an alternative to the thread, it's an enhanced version of the thread. It doesn't excuse Nintendo or retailers but it's the best we can do. I know for a fact that lot of people got the SNES pre-order yesterday because of the notifications and pre-warning.

You're completely right but when people offer a suggestion on how to improve something for yourself you can't blame them if they have a little fun at your expense when they ignore that advice. That's especially true since I warned them I would. ;)

Bronetta, I have an extra Metroid 2-pack from Amazon that's yours if you want it.

Heh, fair, you did say that!

The one thing I worry about with the Discord is that the GAF thread turns into a ghost town because everyone just moves over to the Discord. I like having this thread around and it would suck if it sunk beneath the waves, even if I do enjoy the more freewheeling/chaotic nature of our Discord conversations as well. I guess that's where I was coming from, and it's why I sympathize with Bronetta above and beyond the "Nintendo is run by idiots" thing.

I tend to worry too much, though, so that might not actually be a thing that will happen anytime soon (or ever).

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
True but I'm sure that the thread wouldn't have helped you either, in those two circumstances. The Discord is made exactly because of stupid shit like limited quantity and pre-orders going up at random times. Notifications are a big help.

That part was mostly in jest but Discord is not an alternative to the thread, it's an enhanced version of the thread. It doesn't excuse Nintendo or retailers but it's the best we can do. I know for a fact that lot of people got the SNES pre-order yesterday because of the notifications and pre-warning.

Is there an SNES Discord?

Edit: Nevermind, I see it in the first post.

Reckheim

Tapejara

Heh, fair, you did say that!

The one thing I worry about with the Discord is that the GAF thread turns into a ghost town because everyone just moves over to the Discord. I like having this thread around and it would suck if it sunk beneath the waves, even if I do enjoy the more freewheeling/chaotic nature of our Discord conversations as well. I guess that's where I was coming from, and it's why I sympathize with Bronetta above and beyond the "Nintendo is run by idiots" thing.

I tend to worry too much, though, so that might not actually be a thing that will happen anytime soon (or ever).

While I lean more towards the Discord, I still try to cross-post deals I find for people who prefer the thread.

Bronetta

Thanks for the offer Fuzzy but I'll pass.

I may have lost my temper earlier and I'll apologize to everyone for that. Us Canadians are better than that, heck Im better than that. I talked to a friend about this and have come to the decision that Im done with amiibo and any Nintendo stuff for that matter except the games I already preordered. While the points I raised were valid, my outburst probably wasnt. I'll apologize again for souring up the thread.

jholmes

Thanks for the offer Fuzzy but I'll pass.

I may have lost my temper earlier and I'll apologize to everyone for that. Us Canadians are better than that, heck Im better than that. I talked to a friend about this and have come to the decision that Im done with amiibo and any Nintendo stuff for that matter except the games I already preordered. While the points I raised were valid, my outburst probably wasnt. I'll apologize again for souring up the thread.

All good pal

image.php

Hey Guys,

gonna be looking for a 65" TV in the next few weeks and wanted to get your opinion as to what to get. Its mostly going to be used for TV/Movie watching but it needs to be 4k (future proof).

Is there a series you guys recommend? limit is $2k. I was looking at the below deal and i'm not sure if its any good tbh.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/sony-sony-65-4k-uhd-hdr-led-android-smart-tv-xbr65x850e-black-xbr65x850e/10584574.aspx?lang=en-ca&pcname=&sku=10584574

I'd recommend the newest Vizio M series. Great picture and keep some money in your pocket.

https://m.costco.ca/Vizio-M65-E0-65...-Home-Theatre-Display-.product.100363358.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom