• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn those are huge changes, the 20% off games was one of the main reasons I had Prime.

Those are pretty shady business practices to not email your customers informing them about a service they pay for.

Ya if I didn't have a bunch of games already preordered for next year I would cancel my subscription. I'm afraid to lose the discount on next years games though.

I don't think they sent one.

20% preorder discount for games is now down to 10%. There is no 2-week discount period after a game releases.

No more discount on Amazon Basics.

No discount on CEs anymore. Honestly, you can use pretty much anyone else at this point. Best Buy's shipping is pretty good. Wal-Mart is good too. The 10% discount makes Prime not worth it.

From what I'm seeing, though, there are a ton of standard edition pre-order games that aren't giving even the 10% discount. It's so weird.

khaaan

Hey guys,

London drugs are still taking order for SNES mini

https://www.londondrugs.com/pre-order-nintendo-super-nes-classic-gaming-console---clvssnsg/L9756610.html

They don't ship to Quebec :( So Im screwed anyway but I thought I'd let you guys from outside Quebec know.

Tried to order but at checkout it says the product isn't available.

Tiktaalik

I tried to grab a London drugs preorder from my friend who missed the best buy one but looks like I was stopped by them selling out while I was filling out my info.

Looks like the whole webpage is going down now lol.

Reckheim

London drugs has a website and it's actually good wtf?

I'm more surprised that the scalpers were refreshing that website as well for stock.

Honestly tho, how hard is it to make a billion of these things to make sure they satisfy demand. Not like its some revolutionary technology.

krae_man

Missed out on this one because my auto fill address is wrong and it took too long to fix gah.

Edit: Auto fill fixed. Should be good go to next time I click a discord link.

Silexx

I'm more surprised that the scalpers were refreshing that website as well for stock.

Honestly tho, how hard is it to make a billion of these things to make sure they satisfy demand. Not like its some revolutionary technology.

Actually, part of the the problem is that Nintendo seems to be competing with mobile phone manufacturers for parts and this is creating some shortages in acquiring these parts.

joms5

I think the dream is dead. I was on London Drugs the second that thing got posted here and as I put it into my cart it sold out.

Still trying to buy it just in case someone cancels or something.

So depressing. Never been so close.

Anth0ny

didn't NES Classic pre-orders periodically keep popping up as we got closer to launch? and then they'd become available post-launch periodically as well?

I think you will still have plenty of chances to get an order in. Now if you still don't have one come December? Then you may panic :)

ohlawd

bit of a double deal at Indigo right now if you're interested in graphic novels, manga, and light novels.

buy one get one 50% off for those, plus there's a site wide promo for books to get 5x plum points.

I just ordered 4 light novels myself.

if you're curious they of course will take 50% off the lower priced item of two, but if you are ordering 4 books for example, then they will give you 50% off the 2nd highest priced item and the 4th highest priced item.

Don't forget to use coupon code AUG10 to get an extra 10% off orders that are over $50 to save a bit more while you're at it guys.

thanks

canceled whatever books I had from Amazon. preordered missing Nozaki-kun, Bakemonogatari, My Youth Romantic Comedy LNs and manga. lol I still haven't read any of my shit but they look nice on the shelf all lined up

Anth0ny

NES never had preorders for Canada. And I think they only got very limited preorders in the US.

oh shit I must be mixing up pre-launch and post-launch then.

well it's nice at least we're getting the opportunity to pre-order this time around, even if it's basically a 10 second window... I guess >_<

Socreges

Banned
I'm convinced there will be more opportunities. But I'm surprised I managed to snag one in the first go. I had everything set up on BB: account info, enabled add to cart, etc. Then at 9:58pst a coworker comes by my desk to talk about his vacation. I go back to my computer and it's 10:02. I panic, hit refresh, checkout, and still sneak in. So I'm guessing it didn't go up right at 10 on the dot

Inevitably it'll change from 2 min window to 5 minutes. And maybe there will be lots on the shelves at launch. But I can understand the anxiety.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You people who keep missing it should just lineup at TRU at 5am on launch day, 12am if you REALLY want to be sure.

leeman

Ni No Kuni II CE is up for pre-order @ EBGames. Comes with keychain.

an0vHpJm.jpg

Dazzler

We could be looking at $1399 for the base iPhone 8 OLED model.

That is rumoured to be 64gb. meh.

I've been putting money aside for the last year for this phone, and have $1,000 sitting ready to spend. That price just made me reconsider. Will come out over $1500 with tax

jesus

I've been putting money aside for the last year for this phone, and have $1,000 sitting ready to spend. That price just made me reconsider. Will come out over $1500 with tax

jesus

Since I pay $40 a month with that Public Mobile plan I have been putting cash aside as well. I might bite but that is hella expensive.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think I'm just going to get an iPhone 6 when 8 comes out, assuming they are still making the 6.

does anyone know if the Destiny PS4 Pro bundle includes a physical copy of the game, or a download code?
Yeah the description says it comes with a bluray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom