• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
I tweaked the PC I was going to build in December and now I can buy a Ryzen 1600 build for $900 even, only a few hundred more, so no Xbox One X for me. But for those that want it, there's plenty of reason to grab one!

etta

my hard graphic balls
I think I'm just going to get an iPhone 6 when 8 comes out, assuming they are still making the 6.

Yeah the description says it comes with a bluray.
It’s laggy as fuck man, don’t. I fucking detest my 6, takes a few seconds to launch anything, even the phone app.
And LTE drains the battery like a mofo.
Can’t wait to upgrade.

Because we like to consume.

Just don't fall down the path of darkness and collect shoes and anime figures
like me

Also never got my COD WW2 Beta code, Amazon said just to wait. Got my beta off the Hong Kong PSN store. There's a Canadian Division in this game which is cool

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The iPhone 8 is going to destroy me if it's as expensive as rumoured. I've waited 4 years since my last upgrade so I can semi-justify it because I won't be buying another anytime soon but it's going to hurt one way or another.

In this weird situation where I don't know whether to just buy the phone outright or go for a new contract. I'm in a grandfathered contract, which is relatively cheap but just barely suits my needs, and I constantly have friends who've somehow managed to finagle similarly priced plans with a lot more data and minutes via hook ups but I feel like I always miss these promos or never have the same hook ups.

Lmao just got an email from Amazon gushing over the $0.03 I saved from my preorder guarantee for Uncharted lost legacy that host shipped out today which I won't get until next Monday, almost a week after release. Thanks for the substantial savings Amazon. 😑

Lmao just got an email from Amazon gushing over the $0.03 I saved from my preorder guarantee for Uncharted lost legacy that host shipped out today which I won't get until next Monday, almost a week after release. Thanks for the substantial savings Amazon. 😑
Amazon in Canada has turned to shit. From that random shipping company that will just leave packages at your door, to dropping the gaming discount... It's annoying. Especially with no other company competing with them.

De_Legend

Banned
I tweaked the PC I was going to build in December and now I can buy a Ryzen 1600 build for $900 even, only a few hundred more, so no Xbox One X for me. But for those that want it, there's plenty of reason to grab one!

Good stuff, for a couple hundred more, def worth it. The xb1x will last until 2019-2020 (power wise for a console until ps5) so wise choice imo.

The iPhone 8 is going to destroy me if it's as expensive as rumoured. I've waited 4 years since my last upgrade so I can semi-justify it because I won't be buying another anytime soon but it's going to hurt one way or another.

In this weird situation where I don't know whether to just buy the phone outright or go for a new contract. I'm in a grandfathered contract, which is relatively cheap but just barely suits my needs, and I constantly have friends who've somehow managed to finagle similarly priced plans with a lot more data and minutes via hook ups but I feel like I always miss these promos or never have the same hook ups.

If you can make it 6 more months, wait for the SE2 rumored to be Feb/Mar. Hoping for 7S performance on a smaller screen, thus better battery, and $599-$699 for 64GB.

Or get a used 6S in October from Orchard when the 8 and 7S come out.

Amazon in Canada has turned to shit. From that random shipping company that will just leave packages at your door, to dropping the gaming discount... It's annoying. Especially with no other company competing with them.
Agreed, if Bestbuy's gamers club was available up here, I'd drop prime in a heartbeat when it's up. Honestly the only reason I'll have it next year is for all the $50 E3 preorders I have for 2018 games.

I've been putting money aside for the last year for this phone, and have $1,000 sitting ready to spend. That price just made me reconsider. Will come out over $1500 with tax

jesus

Don't forget about applecare+ and a case. I'm out. Unless there's some HUGE changes, my 6S+ is doing well under the iOS 11 beta.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It’s laggy as fuck man, don’t. I fucking detest my 6, takes a few seconds to launch anything, even the phone app.
And LTE drains the battery like a mofo.
Can’t wait to upgrade.
I'm still using a 5 so...

--

FYI PS4 Pro also comes with thumb grips (yay?) and a 20% off PSN card inside.

Davide

Damn those are huge changes, the 20% off games was one of the main reasons I had Prime.

Those are pretty shady business practices to not email your customers informing them about a service they pay for.

I'm really happy I didn't renew my Prime now.

I actually did renew it completely accidentally a couple months ago, it's really too easy and misleading how they had me pay for it.

damn, glad I jumped on the one plus train.
I don't have any complaints about the OP5 myself. Fantastic phone.

FYI PS4 Pro also comes with thumb grips (yay?) and a 20% off PSN card inside.
Make sure they don't make you pay for the thumb covers though, I paid $10 for them at first.

I really hope Skyrim was at a better price now.

Costco has the Vizio M55-E0 for $950
Does it have true HDR10? 4K + HDR10 should be sufficient for anyone, right?

Lmao just got an email from Amazon gushing over the $0.03 I saved from my preorder guarantee for Uncharted lost legacy that host shipped out today which I won't get until next Monday, almost a week after release. Thanks for the substantial savings Amazon. ��

I had the same issue. Complained to CS and now I'm getting it by tomorrow. Small victory but still pretty pyrrhic. Definitely on the "pleaaase bring GCU up north" train.

NYR

Did amazon send anyone their cod beta code yet
I got mine a long time ago, got my "benefit confirmation" email on June 11th, ordered on June 8th. I redeemed the code via the COD website and I just got the token code from Activision a few hours ago.

kevin1025

Banned
Good stuff, for a couple hundred more, def worth it. The xb1x will last until 2019-2020 (power wise for a console until ps5) so wise choice imo.

Yeah! Plus the PC will be used for a bunch of other crazy stuff, so it'll be well worth the investment in the long run. My 2012 HP machine has been making some weird noises and beeps lately, so I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to build it, haha.

I'd mostly use the One X as a Netflix/Shudder/CraveTV/cable input box anyway (like I did the original Xbox One before I sold it off), and that's a nuts thing to spend $677 on.

Haines

Banned
Got the CoD Walmart one just fine.

Just double checked and i guess i went through amazon bc they price matched

So i gotta check my emails again lol

Edit: and of course i cant find the code email anywhere....huh

Edit 2: founf it by searching amazon benefit in email filter

Haines

Banned
You guys think mario rabbids will go down in price quick

I have a 20% off preorder and im unsure to keep it

Game does look like a blast but maybe its cheaper later this year

whitehawk

Banned
Any chance theres a decent place in TO to buy a micro-usb to micro-usb cable? Amazon is surprisingly more expensive than I expected for this item.

farisr

For those who may be interested, Terminator 2 UHD Bluray preorder is up at amazon.ca, discounted to $23.45.

In other news, ended up using that London Drugs ($25 dollars off orders of a $100 or more using masterpass) deal and bought Breath of the Wild + a UHD movie that I was planning on buying anyways that was actually priced a bit cheaper than amazon and best buy.

I was initially thinking of picking up a microSD card for my switch, but their microsd card selection was way overpriced

kevin1025

Banned
For those who may be interested, Terminator 2 UHD Bluray preorder is up at amazon.ca, discounted to $23.45.

In other news, ended up using that London Drugs ($25 dollars off orders of a $100 or more using masterpass) deal and bought Breath of the Wild + a UHD movie that I was planning on buying anyways that was actually priced a bit cheaper than amazon and best buy.

I was initially thinking of picking up a microSD card for my switch, but their microsd card selection was way overpriced

I grabbed this one a couple of months back for the Switch.

https://www.amazon.ca/Lexar-High-Performance-microSDXC-UHS-I-Memory/dp/B012PL7LSA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1503632657&sr=8-3&keywords=64gb%2Bmicro%2Bsd&th=1

It's been great, and it was $26 or $27 at the time. Might be worth watching!

zroid

Banned
There is nothing but junk coming out new too - this is the dead time, people prepping to go back to school and whatnot.

lol true. I haven't seen anything all summer though, so maybe i'll catch spider man or something if it's still running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom