• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

There is nothing but junk coming out new too - this is the dead time, people prepping to go back to school and whatnot.
For what it's worth, Wind River is expanding release this week and has earned pretty solid raves. It's written and directed by Taylor Sheridan who was Oscar-nominated last year for writing the screenplay to Hell or High Water. He also wrote the script for Denis Villeneuve's Sicario.

Switch games hold there value well your implying? Thats good for me i guess.

If this game is releasing where are the reviews. Ubisoft wait til day of now or something for embargo
Embargo lifts on the 28th. Waiting until close to release, or the day of, has really become a trend among publishers lately. I suppose they don't want to run the risk of people soaking in negative reviews for too long; which is for the better, since a lot of people skip good games just because of a few perspectives.

Anyway, a lot of people who have played the game at different events have done hands-on reviews based on what they have played. You can look some up on YouTube.

Don't expect a price cut anytime soon. Not only are Switch games holding their value, but Ubisoft/Nintendo know that any Mario game will continue to sell at full MSRP for a long time as more people buy a Switch and seek out Mario titles.

Okay guys, I'm looking to buy the Avermedia LGX so I can record video and screens uncompressed, so it claims.

Anything I need to know? My Elgato HD60 isn't very HQ and I want lossless, pixel perfect quality media. The LGX seems to be the only one I can get that does that.

NYR

Does anybody know why launch day PS4s are going for 350+ CAD?
There was no special PS4 launch/day 1 bundle or special console so there shouldn't be any reason this is happening unless the box is sealed, that might be worth something.

My guess at people are dumb and think it is worth something now that they are not in production with the slim out now, but really, the exact opposite is likely true since it likely are all dusty and beat up.

Luigi87

Okay guys, I'm looking to buy the Avermedia LGX so I can record video and screens uncompressed, so it claims.

Anything I need to know? My Elgato HD60 isn't very HQ and I want lossless, pixel perfect quality media. The LGX seems to be the only one I can get that does that.
I can set least say that Avermedia LGX and Razer Ripsaw are the same device internally, they just use software respective to their companies.

krae_man

EB is doing trade 5($10 trade in value), get $200 off Playstation VR(Core $249, Bundle $399). That's a bump to $40

That's about $50-$100 off bite territory for me if I had 5 titles that qualified.

Eligible titles

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
There was no special PS4 launch/day 1 bundle or special console so there shouldn't be any reason this is happening unless the box is sealed, that might be worth something.

My guess at people are dumb and think it is worth something now that they are not in production with the slim out now, but really, the exact opposite is likely true since it likely are all dusty and beat up.

Well, now I'm thinking I should have sold it privately rather than trading it in at EB - could have probably got another 100 dollars for it.

Off topic, but unsure where to ask.

I'm having issues with an eBay seller regarding a sealed copy of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. When the game arrived, it looked a bit off and when I opened it, I noticed that it did not include a manual or inserts. The seller is claiming that Nintendo is still producing this game and that it no longer includes the manual.

Is this true? Is this game still being produced? I haven't found any evidence stating this to be true, but I thought I would ask the professionals on GAF.

Any help is very much appreciated!

I'm having issues with an eBay seller regarding a sealed copy of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. When the game arrived, it looked a bit off and when I opened it, I noticed that it did not include a manual or inserts. The seller is claiming that Nintendo is still producing this game and that it no longer includes the manual.

Is this true? Is this game still being produced? I haven't found any evidence stating this to be true, but I thought I would ask the professionals on GAF.

The game was produced in limited quantities. I doubt it's still being produced.

Decided to google and noticed this Reddit thread from 2015.

Does Fire Emblem not come with an instruction manual or anything? I bought a US version on eBay marked as 'new'. It was sealed but came with no inserts or anything. I think I have been had but wanted to make sure.

Edit: APPARENTLY THERE WAS A REPRINT WITH NO MANUAL?

https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/51395-nintendo-reprints-radiant-dawn-no-seriously/&page=3

ohlawd

it got reprinted two years ago but had no Club Nintendo slip and manual

shira

$46 steambux for Secret of Mana
charm_sleeping.gif

I can confirm this game is out of print, it is not being made anymore. As for the instruction manual I'm not too sure if they stopped doing those.

I tracked down my copy about a year ago and when I went inquiring I found the game was just out of print and because of that it went up in value quite abit. It was really dumb of me cause I remember seeing this game in a bargain bin for $29.99.

CazTGG

Ryde3

This looks like a really good TV for the price, I wonder if there's any good deals at the CNE though.

Whenever I'm at the CNE in the building with all the vendors I always think to myself "is this really a place people come to buy a hot tub? or a TV etc."

Do they actually come with legit deals?!

Savitar

If anyone order from amazon.com...these are starting to go out...

Q5xaFPN.jpg

I've seen emails like this before on some orders, not much to worry about. It's one of those things you seem to get when they don't always got a known shipping time or when the item will come out. Probably other reasons behind too, either way, I wouldn't be too concerned.

chrono01

Meanwhile, Amazon.ca still hasn't made their pre-orders available. Every day I wake up and check this thread with a pounding in my chest, always worried that I might have missed pre-orders while I was sleeping.

When will you end the torture, Amazon?

chrono01

More SNES Classic Mini stock for the US (from Walmart.com). Why do I get the feeling we're getting like 5% of whatever's available for NA? Our sites sell out in seconds, where the US ones last a couple minutes and they have more options than us. Really frustrating. :(

BaconHat

More SNES Classic Mini stock for the US (from Walmart.com). Why do I get the feeling we're getting like 5% of whatever's available for NA? Our sites sell out in seconds, where the US ones last a couple minutes and they have more options than us. Really frustrating. :(

Because we probably did.
Heck, at this point i would not be surprised that the real reason Quebec is not getting any is due to them prioritizing the other provinces low stock.

chrono01

Because we probably did.
Heck, at this point i would not be surprised that the real reason Quebec is not getting any is due to them prioritizing the other provinces low stock.
An already-limited/hard-to-find item having an even limited allocation for Canada basically makes it impossible to find here. At all. I can't even import one from Walmart.com, since they won't ship to Canada.

This thing is causing me more stress than it should, I just want one. The SNES is quite possibly my favorite console of all time, so having something like this is a dream come true for me. I really hope more pre-orders are offered here, as I don't want to hope/pray for re-stocks after release.

BaconHat

An already-limited/hard-to-find item having an even limited allocation for Canada basically makes it impossible to find here. At all. I can't even import one from Walmart.com, since they won't ship to Canada.

This thing is causing me more stress than it should, I just want one. The SNES is quite possibly my favorite console of all time, so having something like this is a dream come true for me. I really hope more pre-orders are offered here, as I don't want to hope/pray for re-stocks after release.

Me, i had the pleasure for the Nes classic of looking for it for almost that entire year since i promised one for my brother to his birthday. Ended up importing one from Italy months after his anniversary passed.
This one i took no chances, ordered one as soon as i could. Which is a good thing, since it will not even be sold here in Quebec. Now i'm just hoping it won't get cancelled since i don't want to give him his gift late 2 years in a row.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/ca/po/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=cat750771

Nintendo has refurbished New 3DSes (regular size) on their store for $160. The regular-sized model is discontinued so this is a good way to get one if you want it.

Best 3DS model

Because we probably did.

QC is like 30% of our population? Imagine how difficult it would be to secure a preorder adding them back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom