• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercador

LMAO Just came back from EB to trade my OG Launch PS4 for a PS4 Pro.....

I had a couple of game I got from work that I was willing to trade (one of the perks of working in the videogame industry lol)....

Ended up paying 98$ taxes included for a PS4 Pro hahaha... 150$ with Uncharted.
Still at Ubisoft?

etta

my hard graphic balls
But I want the best quality not cheapest lols, I've been getting glasses from Costco for a while but they always scratch and there's buildup of crap that doesn't come out when wiping after 6-8 months.

N° 2048

But I want the best quality not cheapest lols, I've been getting glasses from Costco for a while but they always scratch and there's buildup of crap that doesn't come out when wiping after 6-8 months.

I just buy like three pairs of the same ones (usually only $30 a pop including lenses/coating/script/frame) and it lasts me until I have to get a new script.

I'd rather do that than buy a pair of $600 glasses that I have to keep replacing the lenses every couple years and will probably get bored of the style but will be stuck with.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I just buy like three pairs of the same ones (usually only $30 a pop including lenses/coating/script/frame) and it lasts me until I have to get a new script.

I'd rather do that than buy a pair of $600 glasses that I have to keep replacing the lenses every couple years and will probably get bored of the style but will be stuck with.
Hmmmm, this Clearly website seems nice but I dunno man, buying glasses online seems weird. And what if you need adjustments, gotta return that shit and get a new one ugh. I’d rather walk into Hakim and they take care of everything on the spot.

Jinto

Anyone want a digital copy of Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy for PS4?

I already have it on PS2 and PS3. Please only take it if you're actually planning on playing it.

First reply can have it.

Seriously, how? Not to sound like customer blaming here but they are pretty much as good as it gets for quality IMO, for regular folks.

Your expectations to get better quality from a "typical" eyewear shop, if you're not happy with costco, may not be realistic. Only alternative I can think of the the high end lens import shops as mentioned.

Fularu

Banned
For eyeware you have two choices :

1 - unbreakable but they will scratch (plastic lenses)
2 - unscratchable but they can break (glass lenses)

If you hate scratches go with glass and make sure you don't break them.

Also learn to clean your glasses what you're describing (uncleanable crap) should never happen. Ask for tips at an optician.

mdubs

Banned
Thanks to all who posted that indigo manga deal. Got all my preorders in up until April of next year for like $7.5 a volume plus 5x plum points. Great stuff!

Costco has iTunes Cards on sale. $79.99 in store and $83 online.

Perfect timing as I need to load up my sons iPad Pro with several expensive apps for school. I enjoy Family Sharing, just wish IAP could also be shared. Need to buy my son PDF Expert which is $13.99 and can be Family Shared. The Pro features are an additional IAP of $13.99 and that is not Family Shared. $28 for one app. Hmmm

btkadams

Perfect timing as I need to load up my sons iPad Pro with several expensive apps for school. I enjoy Family Sharing, just wish IAP could also be shared. Need to buy my son PDF Expert which is $13.99 and can be Family Shared. The Pro features are an additional IAP of $13.99 and that is not Family Shared. $28 for one app. Hmmm
Thanks for this!

Returners

Bestbuy has iTunes cards 49 for $60 multipack for their VIP sale on August 31st as well.

Kyolux

Yakuza 6 pre-orders are up at EB games.

For those that want a collector's with less risk of the glasses getting broken in the shipping.

I recommend not mentioning the name of stores that break street date. It could potentially get them in trouble.

Speaking of shipping age, my Rabbids is preparing but my Yakuza is doing nothing. Meh. I am only saving about $5-$6 on that Yakuza. I should just go to a store and grab it tomorrow.

They had Rabbids at Best Buy at the Eaton Centre in Toronto, but the guy said the system wouldn't allow him to sell it. Makes sense as an anti-street breaking precaution.

Kyolux

My yakuza and rabbids are stuck in Montreal. Was hoping they'd get here today. Oh well.

More time to finish Agents of Mayhem, if it can stop glitching.

I recommend not mentioning the name of stores that break street date. It could potentially get them in trouble.

Speaking of shipping age, my Rabbids is preparing but my Yakuza is doing nothing. Meh. I am only saving about $5-$6 on that Yakuza. I should just go to a store and grab it tomorrow.

Fair enough. They also had it posted on kijiji though so they don't seem too worried

SickBoy

I used to get all my Intelcom stuff late in the day (typically right near 8 p.m. -- I'm OK with that) but a day earlier. I think they've ironed out their shipping for my neighbourhood because now packages arrive during a more normal time, almost always on release date. I guess I'm OK with that too, but it was nice to get stuff early.

That said, I shouldn't be griping about it... my Tuesday delivery is Rabbids and Yakuza, and I still have to finish Lost Legacy (and I also still need to spend more time with Splatoon).

khaaan

I ordered Rabbids from Best Buy back during E3 so I guess I'm not going to see any activity on the order until tomorrow. Probably won't have it till at least Wednesday or even later this week.

I'm excited to lick my first Nintendo Switch cartridge.

AzerPhire

My copy of Rabbids also came in today from Amazon. Seems like they are finally getting their shipping process back in order as I also received Uncharted Lost Legacy early as well.

Just too bad they killed the Prime discount.

I ordered Rabbids from Best Buy back during E3 so I guess I'm not going to see any activity on the order until tomorrow. Probably won't have it till at least Wednesday or even later this week.

I'm excited to lick my first Nintendo Switch cartridge.

You usually see orders from Best Buy ship at night for the next day. At least that's what it is like in Toronto.

I cancelled my Yakuza order with Amazon. Fuck'em. Switched to Wal-Mart who is willing to give me a release window of the next couple of days. Amazon has me set to receive it next week, on Prime, with priority shipping.

baconcow

Bestbuy has iTunes cards 49 for $60 multipack for their VIP sale on August 31st as well.

Thanks. I wish I would have waited. Just picked up a $50 code at 10% off from the PayPal shop. My quick search didn't show any other types of deals. Gonna get one or two of these, too. Worth noting that the Costco deal is only $83.99, in Nova Scotia (as most Costco deals are worse, here).

baconcow

What's the best Switch carrying case available these days?

I have the HORI Touch Pouch and it seems quite solid. Is it sufficiently rigid (not completely hard). In additional to the Switch, it can hold several game cards and perhaps a small cable or so. There are no inner zippers or other odd compartments that can cause damage to the Switch. It is also quite small. I generally pack things like my adapter separately, when travelling, so it can makes a great travel pouch.

Dot-N-Run

What's the best Switch carrying case available these days?

I have this one:

Case

I can fit the switch as well as the Hori play stand in it comfortably plus it comes with a game case.

I'm using the same. It is a fairly sturdy case, but you don't be fitting any larger accessories inside of it (A/C adapter, etc.).

There is a bunch of different cases available on the Nintendo website, including a larger version of this same case if you want to take everything with you.

Kyolux

Already shared this in the discord.

But double trade-in value at EB again. This time from August 28 until October 1.

All current gen games are supposed to be elligible, but there seems to be capped to 2 games.

Not sure if that means 2 at a time, 2 per day, or 2 through the whole promotion.

I got $70 for Disgaea 5 on Switch.

August 28th to October 1st seems like a ridiculously long stretch.

I will probably have a couple of games I can trade by the time the month is over. I should be able to pay off my Xbox One X.

Anyone know the trade in value of Lego City Undercover for Switch? I remember it coming to like $50 on the last double trade-in deal, but it's been a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom