• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
August 28th to October 1st seems like a ridiculously long stretch.

I will probably have a couple of games I can trade by the time the month is over. I should be able to pay off my Xbox One X.

I would wager this ends early. Unless they're tanking values.

So this is active today? Not on the website (yet). Just in time to preorder Yakuza 6!

I've spent only half the money on this generation as I did on the previous, despite having far more games to play. These trade in deals have been insane. Physical discs FTW.

Kyolux

I would wager this ends early. Unless they're tanking values.

So this is active today? Not on the website (yet). Just in time to preorder Yakuza 6!

I've spent only half the money on this generation as I did on the previous, despite having far more games to play. These trade in deals have been insane. Physical discs FTW.

Yup. Went to EB to pre-order Y6 collector since I saw it was up on their website. Clerk told me it was great timing since they had a double value thing starting today.

khaaan

What's the best Switch carrying case available these days?

I bought the Zelda one and regret it a bit.

fmcAAJJ.jpg

CgPt0rp.jpg

The outside art is a little tacky, but whatever, it'll be in my bag most of the time and I can sew on a cloth or something to cover it up. My problem is that it's a kind of snug fit and I'm worried about constant pressure being applied to it's face or the analog sticks.

Mattiator

Hey evryone.
I got a samsung ku6290 60 inch that has a small crack from the kids and i am looking to get a new set.
What does everyone recommend for hdr on a budget right now???

Thanks for any help.

khaaan

I can have multiple regional accounts on a Switch right? Like I just need to make a Japanese account and then sign in with it? And the games purchased on my NA account should still be accessible from any user?

Yup. Went to EB to pre-order Y6 collector since I saw it was up on their website. Clerk told me it was great timing since they had a double value thing starting today.

Awesome, thanks!

Hey evryone.
I got a samsung ku6290 60 inch that has a small crack from the kids and i am looking to get a new set.

Thanks for any help.

Budget and HDR? That doesn't really exist in Canada, they get the TCL and Hisense budget models down south. The RFDers seem to like the Haier at Costco (not sure if it's hdr but it is 4K) and there's some new Toshiba model at best buy (50L711U18) that comes with google home.

Mattiator

Awesome, thanks!

Budget and HDR? That doesn't really exist in Canada, they get the TCL and Hisense budget models down south. The RFDers seem to like the Haier at Costco (not sure if it's hdr but it is 4K) and there's some new Toshiba model at best buy (50L711U18) that comes with google home.

Awesome thanks for the response. Ill have a look at some of those models. Have you heard anything on the vizio m series 2017?

Awesome thanks for the response. Ill have a look at some of those models. Have you heard anything on the vizio m series 2017?

Vizio M Series 2017 is basically the best "affordable" set available in Canada right now. It's going to be a lot better than your typical Hisense/Haier/Toshiba super budget models, because it has Full Array Local Dimming, meaning lots of little light points to better control brightness and black levels.

SupaNaab

If I buy MvC:I on Gamesplanet UK is my key going to work on my Canadian steam account?

LINK

I can't seem to find any information about "region locks" and I am not familiar with Steams newer rules regarding key sellers.

Yeah Vizio M in general is seen as a really good value, though P goes on sale in December-ish to near M levels of price.

I have a (fussy) friend who watches jays games and loves it, 2016 model though.

It will be much more $ than the haier and toshiba though. That said, I would pay the extra dough for the Vizio.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Hey evryone.

Thanks for any help.

The Sony x900e is on sale right now at bestbuy. It's the best by far.

Hey evryone.

Thanks for any help.

Check MTC maybe? Grab a refurb.

Was there on the weekend and they had a lot of nice sets for cheap, and they come with 2 year warranties.

Already shared this in the discord.

But double trade-in value at EB again. This time from August 28 until October 1.

All current gen games are supposed to be elligible, but there seems to be capped to 2 games.

Not sure if that means 2 at a time, 2 per day, or 2 through the whole promotion.

I got $70 for Disgaea 5 on Switch.

Cool, was waiting on this. Wonder how much I'll get for Binding of Isaac Switch.

Non-gaming deal, but while looking for Terminator 2 4K on Best Buy, found out that Mondo X Steelbooks are being liquidated. Don't know when this started. Picked up T2 and First Blood for $5 a pop.

i-Jest

I love me my physical media, and hope CD's don't soon go away overnight, but would it really cost to much to replace music CD's with USB's instead? That change really made me appreciate the Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition.

I hear you there. I don't have an issue with CD's, but that custom USB that came with XCX was pretty darn cool. It's definitely the kind of unique bonus that I like to see in these packages.

big_z

Are there any deals on Xbox live gold? I've been watching the dashboard for a deal but Microsoft hasn't pushed one my way in months now. Need to renew for Thursday.

superbad

I can verify this. You need a coupon that is in their new brochure, but they have lots in store.

It is for current gen games only, and there is a limit of 2 titles. I got $60 for Overwatch and $4 (lol) for Battleborn after the bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom