• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can verify this. You need a coupon that is in their new brochure, but they have lots in store.

It is for current gen games only, and there is a limit of 2 titles. I got $60 for Overwatch and $4 (lol) for Battleborn after the bump.
Nice. I'll go Friday or Saturday, and trade in Splatoon 2 and Halo 5. Maybe BoTW instead of Halo.. I'll have to find out what the tiv is first.

Cru Jones

I got a decent deal on a 55" LG C7 OLED at Best Buy yesterday. Regular $3499, on sale for $2999 and when it rung up there was a no tax event on LG products. It came to $3014 after taxes.

Megasoum

Banned
What's even more frustrating is that I'm sitting here refreshing Amazon hoping it shows up at some point and I still don't even know if they'll ship it to Montreal

chrono01

What's even more frustrating is that I'm sitting here refreshing Amazon hoping it shows up at some point and I still don't even know if they'll ship it to Montreal
The horror. :/

Here's hoping they do!

Are BB and EB the only stores that already did SNES pre-orders?
Yes, just those two (for Canada, at least). Well, Target.ca did theirs as well, but it was mostly the US site using BorderFree as the forwarding option.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Maybe I missed this in all the Super NES preorder madness, but Amazon Prime discounts are being applied when the product is shipped now? That's what one CSR told me after I complained about Monster Hunter Stories not having the discount applied.

ahdurian

Maybe I missed this in all the Super NES preorder madness, but Amazon Prime discounts are being applied when the product is shipped now? That's what one CSR told me after I complained about Monster Hunter Stories not having the discount applied.

should see them in your order details, with whatever % was supposed to be removed.but if you want to know per item, it's at time of shipping they'll show the price for just that item

example from the last game i preordered

EAXxI

EDIT2 for some reason not letting me show the picture...hmm

anyways I got FE: Shadows of Valentia
on my shipping order it shows my Prime discount of 9.90 being removed

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
should see them in your order details, with whatever % was supposed to be removed.but if you want to know per item, it's at time of shipping they'll show the price for just that item

example from the last game i preordered

EAXxI

Right, that's what I mean, I don't have the Prime discount on the invoice / summary. They claim it'll come as a refund when the product ships now.

I don't care for this at all, since I need to pay much closer attention to orders now and I can't see the exact discount at time of pre-order.

ahdurian

Right, that's what I mean, I don't have the Prime discount on the invoice / summary. They claim it'll come as a refund when the product ships now.

I don't care for this at all, since I need to pay much closer attention to orders now and I can't see the exact discount at time of pre-order.

wait, are you asking this in terms of the SNES Classic?
Because this isn't eligible for Prime discount

EDIT: If it's not in terms of the SNES, then i'd wait a few days and see. if you still don't see it, contact the CSR saying you never got your discount

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
wait, are you asking this in terms of the SNES Classic?
Because this isn't eligible for Prime discount

EDIT: If it's not in terms of the SNES, then i'd wait a few days and see. if you still don't see it, contact the CSR saying you never got your discount

No, Monster Hunter Stories. CSR claims it'll become a refund once the order is shipped, rather than show a discount applied. I think CSR is just.. not aware about how it usually works. I can place Rocket League (Switch) in an order for instance and see the Prime discount apply. I may just need to try another CSR.

ahdurian

No, Monster Hunter Stories. CSR claims it'll become a refund once the order is shipped, rather than show a discount applied. I think CSR is just.. not aware about how it usually works. I can place Rocket League (Switch) in an order for instance and see the Prime discount apply. I may just need to try another CSR.

uh that i don't know then for sure. last game i pre-ordered off Amazon was FE, and it showed it on my order details.
this was before the screwed around with Prime

Mikey Jr.

My order of Yakuza Kiwami is arriving 3 days late, Friday instead of today.

I'm not in a very good mood right now.

I'm scared for destiny 2.

I have it on Amazon for 50 bucks, but I've never preordered with Amazon before, so I have no idea when I'll get it.

My plan right now is to go to ebgames that morning, buy a copy, and return the Amazon one to eb.

killroy87

I'm scared for destiny 2.

I have it on Amazon for 50 bucks, but I've never preordered with Amazon before, so I have no idea when I'll get it.

My plan right now is to go to ebgames that morning, buy a copy, and return the Amazon one to eb.

I have Destiny with wal-mart, and they reliably get me shit like 2 days late. I'll be picking up a copy at best buy and returning it for that one.

My order of Yakuza Kiwami is arriving 3 days late, Friday instead of today.

I'm not in a very good mood right now.

Is Best Buy just completely out of stock? I checked their website and it says ALL of their stores are out of stock. Wondering if it might be a system thing and I should just go into one and take a look.

explodet

Is Best Buy just completely out of stock? I checked their website and it says ALL of their stores are out of stock. Wondering if it might be a system thing and I should just go into one and take a look.
My copy is Best Buy too and yeah, nothing on the website. Maybe they underestimated demand.

I might do the same and head out to see if there's any copies in nearby shops, Best Buy and otherwise.

Yoss

Neo Member
Just as a heads up, Target is cancelling some SNES Classic preorders. A coworker of mine emailed them last night to try and get the shipping code applied and they responded that they were cancelling some international orders including his. He didn't use the glitch to order.

killroy87

I completely forgot I had yakuza coming from best buy too. No shipping notice for me either. Luckily I haven't really been looking forward to it, so I'm okay with waiting

Just as a heads up, Target is cancelling some SNES Classic preorders. A coworker of mine emailed them last night to try and get the shipping code applied and they responded that they were cancelling some international orders including his. He didn't use the glitch to order.

Not just some but ALL of them.

Amazon wasn't shipping my Yakuza so I ordered it yesterday afternoon from Wal-Mart. It's out for delivery today.

Amazon charged me for Rabbids yesterday and didn't bother to ship. Such a shitty practice. I was able to cancel that and just bought it at Best Buy. I don't care about paying extra I am just annoyed with Amazon that much.

Begbie

Amazon wasn't shipping my Yakuza so I ordered it yesterday afternoon from Wal-Mart. It's out for delivery today.

Amazon charged me for Rabbids yesterday and didn't bother to ship. Such a shitty practice. I was able to cancel that and just bought it at Best Buy. I don't care about paying extra I am just annoyed with Amazon that much.

ya my order for Yakuza shows it won't ship to Friday.. are they made because I don't have Prime??

FWIW my Yakuza Kiwami order from Best Buy hasn't shipped either, and also says Friday. I assume either Best Buy didn't get enough stock in or the entire shipment from the distributor was delayed.

Hey guys idk if it's been discussed yet but there's a 20% coupon happening at shoppers drug mart today only, I just picked up a switch and raving rabbits, also had a spend $100 get 18,500 points that also stacked.

ya my order for Yakuza shows it won't ship to Friday.. are they made because I don't have Prime??

I have Prime. They just don't give a fuck.

For some reason shipping to a post office really messes them up even though they offer the service. They only give 2-day shipping half the time. Wal-Mart was easy. Ordered yesterday, shipped to post office, it's there today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom