• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

it never went up, staples has said that they are not taking preorders and the listing is a mistake
Wait, seriously? I was able to add one to my cart a few minutes ago, although it told me it was sold out "had quantity of 0". It was still listed there though, albeit temporarily.

Man, this whole thing is a headache.

Any idea how much EB Games is offering for Lego City Undercover on Switch?
I traded it in during the 2x promo a few weeks ago and it was worth $24 (so $48 with promo). Don't know if the value has gone down since then.

I adore that game but traded it in because I paid less than $30 for it thanks to the Amazon glitch and I couldn't pass up free money.

kevin1025

Banned
not a bad idea... I could redeem some points too

don't really feel like hunting a copy down right now though

Still some hours left in the day, if you do! I think the coupon is today only.

If you do, it's likely they have it in the back or in the electronics desk. They didn't have it out in the open.

I didn't think Shopper's still sold video games, I think all the locations in Regina, SK got rid of their electronic sections. I'm a bit jealous since I got some great deals there for Wii/3DS back in the day.

Cynar

I didn't think Shopper's still sold video games, I think all the locations in Regina, SK got rid of their electronic sections. I'm a bit jealous since I got some great deals there for Wii/3DS back in the day.
Depends on the shoppers. A lot still do. It's up to the individual owner of the shoppers drug Mart what inventory they want to carry

chrono01

did i miss snes i hear? noooo
I was able to add it to my cart on Staples website but it showed up as "out of stock" immediately after, and apparently they never intended for it to be available for sale? Not sure if I got hit by a glitch or whatever, but it was definitely in my cart. It was gone the moment I refreshed the page, though.

Jesus my Bestbuy Everybody's Golf and Mario + Rabbids shipped last night and hasn't moved from Mississauga, I can't win... I'd stop buying online altogether if it wasn't for the discounted pre-orders 😡

etta

my hard graphic balls
Seriously, how? Not to sound like customer blaming here but they are pretty much as good as it gets for quality IMO, for regular folks.

Your expectations to get better quality from a "typical" eyewear shop, if you're not happy with costco, may not be realistic. Only alternative I can think of the the high end lens import shops as mentioned.

For eyeware you have two choices :

1 - unbreakable but they will scratch (plastic lenses)
2 - unscratchable but they can break (glass lenses)

If you hate scratches go with glass and make sure you don't break them.

Also learn to clean your glasses what you're describing (uncleanable crap) should never happen. Ask for tips at an optician.
It’s not significant scratches or dirt really, just the shit the builds up over time. Very faint stuff, but I wish it would be clean like my phone screen for example.

acsn

Has anyone else heard anything about prime preorder discounts going back up to 20%? I'm complaining to costumer service now about my delayed Yazuka Kiwami and the representative just said the 10% is temporary and it is going to change back to 20.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Ctrl-F "Quebec"... No results...

Hmmm... Guess I'll create an account!
QmdlDe2l.png

https://twitter.com/StaplesCanada/status/902603102406238209

Also, no preorders.

JDH

Has anyone else heard anything about prime preorder discounts going back up to 20%? I'm complaining to costumer service now about my delayed Yazuka Kiwami and the representative just said the 10% is temporary and it is going to change back to 20.

Whaaaa???!!! Nope, haven't heard anything, but that would be good news. I wonder if it's because a lot of people cancelled their Prime memberships because of it.

joms5

I'm more concerned about the fact that the discounts don't still work during the 2 week release period.

I just tried ordering Yakuza Kiwami and there was no discount applied. I guess it's on preorders only now. Man prime sucks.

acsn

Here's what she told me:

Nikita: I'm sorry for this but if it qualify for release day delivery, it is always written in product details page. It depends on manufacture that if he is able to make it available on release day or not and accordingly he decides whether it qualifies fore release day delivery or not.
And also I understand you're disappointed about prime savings change on pre order about 10% discount. But that is for limited period only., It will soon be again changed to 20% discount.
Me: When will that be?
Nikita: We're not given any updates yet but we have got the information that it i temporary change.

Guys, if you're buying Rabbids, I legit suggest EB, because you get:

- An actual CD soundtrack (same one shown in the Collector's Edition which seems to not be sold in Canada, unsure of track count)
- A horizontal poster of the box art
- A sealed set of three pin buttons with the game's logo on a white background
- Possibly the only place to get that 8-bit weapon pack

Honestly well worth the extra $16 I say you'd save at Shoppers.

superbad

- An actual CD soundtrack (same one shown in the Collector's Edition which seems to not be sold in Canada, unsure of track count)

I didn't get a poster :(. How big is it?

I traded it in during the 2x promo a few weeks ago and it was worth $24 (so $48 with promo). Don't know if the value has gone down since then.

I adore that game but traded it in because I paid less than $30 for it thanks to the Amazon glitch and I couldn't pass up free money.

Same deal for me, but I'd imagine that the trade in price has probably dropped since the last deal, hence why I'm asking.

Is that pre-order only?

I have my Amazon copy, but I'd be willing to return it and use my (hopeful) trade in credit on Rabbids if it means getting a bunch of cool stuff.

I picked up my pre-order and got none of that. Did I lose?

Pre-orders only I think, BUT you can try your luck.

Now, the poster and pins were at the King and Yonge location in Toronto where as I picked mine up at the Dundas Square location and I never saw those there, so your milage may vary, but I got the extras by mentioning I got my copy at the other location and they allowed me to have those.

Like I said, try your luck, ask them, your odds will increase if you got the game there in the first place (you should be okay if you didn't pre-order I would hope).

Call locations to confirm what they have left. Hell I'd be surprised if there wasn't another thing floating about I could've also gotten but never saw, who knows!

Also the poster is small-ish. Don't have exact measurements. Pillow size I guess?

Edit: Handy tape measure is handy. It's roughly 60cm x 40cm.

etta

my hard graphic balls
That’s just what they will keep saying from now on until forever.

Deny deny deny.

Best Buy gave out posters and the weapon pack. No CD or pins, though - darn!

Mupod

sigh, I knew amazon would screw me on shipping for Yakuza. Hasn't even gone out yet. But best buy didn't have the steelbook version.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Man I'm sitting on like 8k points, still annoyed with the fucking change to IMAX, etc going from 1k to 1500.

The good news is that its 1500pts for ANY premium ticket, even DBOX. Thats how I saw Spiderman Homecoming.

But yeah, if youre seeing 3D or UltraAVX it isnt really worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom