• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apples_89

For any of you who managed to snag an SNES Mini from Amazon UK, it looks like the price has dropped even more now (~ £58). At this rate, with our strengthening loonie, even including shipping and customs fees it will almost cost the same as buying one locally!

For any of you who managed to snag an SNES Mini from Amazon UK, it looks like the price has dropped even more now (~ £58). At this rate, with our strengthening loonie, even including shipping and customs fees it will almost cost the same as buying one locally!

Wish I had kept my UK order now.

suikodan

Hopefully that order will hold out in the end. The stakes are against me (oversea shipping and... in QUÉBEC)

Holy crap, I forgot I had one from there. Hell yeah!

Better button colours too!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
YNice, at £75.14 including everything it's only ~$10 CAD more than buying it here.

Guys, if you're buying Rabbids, I legit suggest EB, because you get:

- An actual CD soundtrack (same one shown in the Collector's Edition which seems to not be sold in Canada, unsure of track count)
- A horizontal poster of the box art
- A sealed set of three pin buttons with the game's logo on a white background
- Possibly the only place to get that 8-bit weapon pack

Honestly well worth the extra $16 I say you'd save at Shoppers.

Just got a copy from EB and all I got was the weapons inside of the case.

killroy87

Yup, mine currently costs only like $7 more than getting one with tax here in Vancouver, and that's including shipping from UK!

I was going to cancel once I got a NA version, but I might as well keep it now. Cool collector's item.

EB Games is giving 24x2 trade credit for Lego City Undercover, which is about the price they sell it for.

They also have some deal for the Platinum card where you pay $15, but get a $10 rebate in your e-mail. Not sure if thag's any good.

jholmes

Im just gonna line up at the Wal-Mart in Rexdale the day of release. No one goes to that Wal-Mart and Im pretty sure nerd scalpers are are afraid of going to Rexdale.

This was a decade ago I admit but when the Wii launched, I went to the EB Games at Woodbine ahead of the store opening. There were like a dozen people there, and that was just for people who had pre-orders.

EB Games is great at times like these

I just traded in Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy for $38. I originally bought it for $27 all in from Amazon.

I also traded in Agents of Mayhem for $70. I originally bought it for $53 all in from Amazon.

Cru Jones

EB Games is great at times like these

I just traded in Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy for $38. I originally bought it for $27 all in from Amazon.

I also traded in Agents of Mayhem for $70. I originally bought it for $53 all in from Amazon.

How much longer is his promo going on?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
What's the promo for trade ins? I want to get rid of Pokken WiiU and maybe other stuff.

Check their fliers in store. Folks here said its restricted to 2 games per transaction or something.

sikkinixx

Meanwhile my amazon.de one keeps getting more expensive as the euro continues to be decent. Fudge.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anyone know if BF1 still has any trade in value at EB? Wouldn't mind just upgrading it to the GOTY edition that way.

Also when does the promo end?

They also have some deal for the Platinum card where you pay $15, but get a $10 rebate in your e-mail. Not sure if thag's any good.

For what it's worth I just checked my e-mail, and it's not some special promotion: it's just the typical "Extra $10 Trade Credit" coupon you get with an upgrade.

I probably should have known better, and plenty of other people in line were getting tricked by this too. Not sure if there's any precedent for this, but I plan on going back in and complaining next week.

Sora_N

It's double trade in value, but that only applies to PS4, XB1 and Switch titles.

Check their fliers in store. Folks here said its restricted to 2 games per transaction or something.

Thanks, I think I'm going to do the trade 3 for Pokken Switch. Simple trade since I don't want my WiiU copy.

I have New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Mario 3D Land, picked up from Shoppers for $10 each a month ago... I think zroid or someone else was right, 3D Land always qualifies. This is like the 3rd time I've traded a copy in...yikes. I'm not dying to play it again anytime soon but I always end up losing it hahaha.

chrono01

I'm kind of starting to lose my determination for the SNES Classic Mini. In the beginning, I was hitting the sites like crazy every ten minutes, checking for refreshes and all that, and now after a week of nothing, I'm a little fatigued. Amazon still hasn't put their pre-orders up, not sure if they even will, and with all other sites sold out (and IF they ever got a re-stock, it would probably be grabbed by a bot instantly), it just feels so hopeless. The SNES is my favorite gaming system so it pains me how I'll likely never have one of these things, due to Nintendo not being able to adequately supply demand, which is extremely frustrating given how damned popular the NES Classic Mini was.

I hope that, come launch, Nintendo reliably re-stocks these, so people who want one can get one, but I'm not exactly optimistic. :/

I'm kind of starting to lose my determination for the SNES Classic Mini. In the beginning, I was hitting the sites like crazy every ten minutes, checking for refreshes and all that, and now after a week of nothing, I'm a little fatigued. Amazon still hasn't put their pre-orders up, not sure if they even will, and with all other sites sold out (and IF they ever got a re-stock, it would probably be grabbed by a bot instantly), it just feels so hopeless. The SNES is my favorite gaming system so it pains me how I'll likely never have one of these things, due to Nintendo not being able to adequately supply demand, which is extremely frustrating given how damned popular the NES Classic Mini was.

I hope that, come launch, Nintendo reliably re-stocks these, so people who want one can get one, but I'm not exactly optimistic. :/

I want one but I'm not going on a mad hunt to buy it. Fuck that. I'll just check in stores every so often when it's released. The handling of the NES classic I thought was just circumstances and a filler product. SNES Classic is just them fucking around for no reason.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Is there a best place to buy Switch games or eShop credit if I don't have anything to trade in?

EB Games sells some digital Switch games which they dont charge tax on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom