• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

krae_man

anyone know how much i would get for the following at ebgames?

ffxv ps4
persona 5 ps4
resident evil 7 ps4
crash bandicoot trilogy ps4

Use best buys site. What they offer is usually a tad higher then what EB offers as a base. Of course that doesn't factor in your edge tier, or any increased credit promotions but will get you in the ballpark.

khaaan

Dat latest email.

oD8GJZz.png

It's for some Visual Compendium.

Tempting price, I think I'm going to wait it out for another $10 or so. Too much to play already as it is so I guess I'm in no rush.

Elitist1945

If you guys were selling a Surface Pro 4 (i5 6300, 256GB), how much would you sell it for. I listed it on Kijiji and I'm getting offers like $600 that I can't help but laugh at. I'm already listing it hundreds of dollars below a lot of other listings for the same model as mine.

Ryne

Come on amazon preorders, I want to sleep properly instead of this hazy half sleep I do in fear of not hearing the notifications :(

Come on amazon preorders, I want to sleep properly instead of this hazy half sleep I do in fear or not hearing the notifications :(
We all want to preorder a snes but I don't think you should be losing sleep for it. You'll get one after launch worst case scenario.

If you guys were selling a Surface Pro 4 (i5 6300, 256GB), how much would you sell it for. I listed it on Kijiji and I'm getting offers like $600 that I can't help but laugh at. I'm already listing it hundreds of dollars below a lot of other listings for the same model as mine.

An official refurb from MS sells for $1239, so you should be getting at least 9 depending on the condition

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/sto...hed-microsoft-surface-pro-4/93jjb08mk83f/GG88

snack

looking for tv's. 50-55 inches, 1000 dollars or less. anyone got recommendations? 4k, smart tv capabilities is all i am really looking for.

Erudite

looking for tv's. 50-55 inches, 1000 dollars or less. anyone got recommendations? 4k, smart tv capabilities is all i am really looking for.
I'm in the market too, seems there's a lot of talk going on about the TCL 55P605/55P607, especially for the price: http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-tv/

However, it seems like TCL isn't selling it in Canada. I don't know if going across the border is an option for you, but it might be worth looking into if so.

I didn't have any luck tracking down any of the other recommended models in The Wirecutter's Budget 4k TV Recommendations page, so the next best thing for what's available in my area (Vancouver) seems to be the 2016 model of the Vizio P series, so I'll probably be going with that if I can't find anything better.

If anyone has better recommendations on a TV better than the Vizio 2016 P series that is pretty easy to find in Canada, I'd like to know as well.

Went through the same thing with my SP3 last year. Typical low baller Kijiji nonsense. As was mentioned earlier, you should be getting at least $900 for it.

Cru Jones

Called my local EBGames about the 2x TIV promo. They told me I had to come in, buy something to get the coupon and then come back a minimum of a couple hours later to do my trade. I clarified twice that if I have my games with me on my first visit that I wouldn't be able to do the trade and she confirmed this twice.

Called another location and he said "we just give you the coupon before you trade, no need to buy anything or make a return visit."

I couldn't believe what the first location said

ElNino

Called my local EBGames about the 2x TIV promo. They told me I had to come in, buy something to get the coupon and then come back a minimum of a couple hours later to do my trade. I clarified twice that if I have my games with me on my first visit that I wouldn't be able to do the trade and she confirmed this twice.

Called another location and he said "we just give you the coupon before you trade, no need to buy anything or make a return visit."

I couldn't believe what the first location said
To be fair, the first scenario is probably the real promo, which is pretty common. The second store is just willing to look passed it.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Just got a new credit card and I have preorders with Walmart and Amazon... This should be fun.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Amazon will be easy.

Your Account > Manage Payment Options

It was beyond easy. The updated info shows up on preorders right away.

As for Walmart, maybe I'll just leave it be. I know some companies will still process credit cards with the old expiry dates. Don't wanna risk missing out on that $50 Mario Odyssey though.

Lothars

To be fair, the first scenario is probably the real promo, which is pretty common. The second store is just willing to look passed it.
I doubt that, The pamplets are at the front of the store. There's nothing about having to make a purchase. It seems like the first store is trying to take advantage of the customers.

kennah

Got twilight princess HD with the wolf amiibo today at the source on clearance for $16. The tag on the shelf says $30, so go ahead and check your local stores.

Side note - can you trade in amiibos? I don’t actually need wolf link and just wanted the game.

ahdurian

Got twilight princess HD with the wolf amiibo today at the source on clearance for $16. The tag on the shelf says $30, so go ahead and check your local stores.

Side note - can you trade in amiibos? I don’t actually need wolf link and just wanted the game.
Think Eb takes them, or any local store

chrono01

Neon Switch in stock on Amazon.ca, Prime Only.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01MUAGZ49/
They're definitely going to make the SNES Classic Mini a Prime-exclusive, aren't they?

I know I'm evil for saying so, but I kind of hope they do (I'm still a Prime member, and will be for another year, due to a lot of my 2018 pre-orders that I don't want to get rid of). At least it would impact scalpers/bots, but I would feel bad for all of the genuine fans who aren't a member. :/

Sealtest

Thanks to whoever talked about the half price redeem points at cineplex, Was planning on taking my father to see IT regular but i'll be see it in D Box just to finally try it. Get my mind off the flooded basement.

jpv_13

Neo Member
Was just able to trade Ultra Street Fighter Ultra for Switch in for $42, and Lego City Undercover for $44 as part of the double trade in value at EB Games.

Considering I had purchased Lego City for $45 using a Toys R Us $20 off coupon, and Street Fighter for $40 via a pre-order I consider that a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom