• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Starting school next week so went out to buy a laptop tonight...

Lol at the Bestbuy guy trying to sell me the "Amazin Geek Squad service with free anti-virus!!"

Today I had some time to kill before work so I stopped at bestbuy to see the labour day weekend sale. I spoke to a samsung rep and he mentioned if you buy (i think) the 55"mu7000 you get a free madden 18 xbox one s. I haven't seen any mention of this deal anywhere not even on bestbuys flyer or site. Anyone else come across this deal too?

RS4-

Today I had some time to kill before work so I stopped at bestbuy to see the labour day weekend sale. I spoke to a samsung rep and he mentioned if you buy (i think) the 55"mu7000 you get a free madden 18 xbox one s. I haven't seen any mention of this deal anywhere not even on bestbuys flyer or site. Anyone else come across this deal too?

If there's a rep, it's from them, they don't always advert it in store flyers as I don't think all the stores get one.

When I was looking at the KS series last year, one of the reps told me that I'd get the same thing, Xbox One S; I know the answer, but I asked anyway, couldn't sub it for another console or item.

If there's a rep, it's from them, they don't always advert it in store flyers as I don't think all the stores get one.

When I was looking at the KS series last year, one of the reps told me that I'd get the same thing, Xbox One S; I know the answer, but I asked anyway, couldn't sub it for another console or item.
I figured it must have been a samsung deal and not a bestbuy deal. Almost had me too. Its was a very good deal.

shira

Starting school next week so went out to buy a laptop tonight...

Lol at the Bestbuy guy trying to sell me the "Amazin Geek Squad service with free anti-virus!!"
You bought a laptop at Best Buy, they already suckered you. The Geek Squad upsell is just to make you feel at ease

RS4-

I figured it must have been a samsung deal and not a bestbuy deal. Almost had me too. Its was a very good deal.

Yeah, sometimes they'll throw in shit like a bluray player (lol), surround system, etc.

And I think I've only seen Samsung reps offer things like that. Haven't seen one from the other companies in a long time.

jayu26

Cross thread posting...
qLvNjLO.png
It's EB games for us.

I hate store exclusive controllers too, but at least we getting them.

Can someone point out the double trade in value details to me? I'm looking but can't find any info

Double trade in credit on all games until October 1. Limit of two double credit trade ins per customer. The guy I spoke to said it would be fine to trade in 2 more games in a couple weeks. They're watching to make sure people don't use it too much.

I got $70 for Agents of Mayhem and $38 for Crash.

Double trade in credit on all games until October 1. Limit of two double credit trade ins per customer. The guy I spoke to said it would be fine to trade in 2 more games in a couple weeks. They're watching to make sure people don't use it too much.

I got $70 for Agents of Mayhem and $38 for Crash.

Do you have to ask for it specifically? I have a copy of pokemon sun I am never gonna play. Might be worth trading in.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Do you have to ask for it specifically? I have a copy of pokemon sun I am never gonna play. Might be worth trading in.

Theres fliers by the entrance with coupons.

jpv_13

Neo Member
My guess is that Wal-Mart got some Switch stock released in-store today as well.

The Calgary Marlborough Wal-Mart had 10 in-stock, looked like 5 Neon & 5 Grey, around 8:00AM this morning.

Any y'all finding Mario Rabbids really dull? I'm only 1-2 hours in but finding the "humor" corny and the gameplay boring. Hasn't hooked me in so far.

chronosic

Any y'all finding Mario Rabbids really dull? I'm only 1-2 hours in but finding the "humor" corny and the gameplay boring. Hasn't hooked me in so far.
Speaking of Mario Rabbids, will this game drop in price because it's an ubisoft title, or stay expensive because it is a Nintendo title? The game play intrigues me, but the rabbids put me right off paying full price for it.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Dont have the game yet but humor seems really hit and miss (mostly miss). Strong point seems to be the graphics/music and gameplay (Im a big fan of turn based)

Have you unlocked the actual skill tree yet? It definitely gets more interesting as it goes, battle wise.

The humor is the humor though.

Have you unlocked the actual skill tree yet? It definitely gets more interesting as it goes, battle wise.

The humor is the humor though.

Good to know. Will keep at it.

I love the Mario/Nintendo universe but this is, uh, weird.

Maybe I'd be less critical if this weren't $80. I feel like XCom (and Fire Emblem) were both way more compelling and half the price. But it's still early.

(And thanks for not jumping on an unpopular opnion...was going to post in the OT but doubt I'd get measured responses)

Good to know. Will keep at it.

I love the Mario/Nintendo universe but this is, uh, weird.

Maybe I'd be less critical if this weren't $80. I feel like XCom (and Fire Emblem) were both way more compelling and half the price. But it's still early.

(And thanks for not jumping on an unpopular opnion...was going to post in the OT but doubt I'd get measured responses)

It drives me up the damn wall when people do that, no worries.

Has anyone traded in Uncharted Lost Legacy at EB as of yet and know the trade value? In wondering if it's worth it to trade in with the double trade value to get everybody's golf or if I should just sell on kijiji.

Sora_N

I need a third controller, but what's so special about those? The regular full color ones are 50$ on sale (amazon and BB)

They're transparent? I thought that's why people want them.

I sorta of want but I don't know if I'd drop $65 on a controller. I did just buy yellow joycons which were $100 though..lol.

Has anyone traded in Uncharted Lost Legacy at EB as of yet and know the trade value? In wondering if it's worth it to trade in with the double trade value to get everybody's golf or if I should just sell on kijiji.

Yup I traded it in and got $38 with the double trade in. I didn't put it towards anything, just onto my edge card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom