• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Destiny 2 needs to be delayed.... I just git around to no man's sky after owning it for a year.... MLB 17 was the only Ps4 game I played since April..... My backlog is yuuuuge

Proc

Destiny 2 needs to be delayed.... I just git around to no man's sky after owning it for a year.... MLB 17 was the only Ps4 game I played since April..... My backlog is yuuuuge

I agree man. It hasn't sunk in that it's next week.

Ill keep my amazon prime preorder though because I don't think we'll see deep discount until boxing week.

I don't think you can redeem points for any gift cards.

Also you aren't allowed to use gift cards to pay for other cards anyways. YMMV if the cashier does it for you though.

Seems crazy that they could stop you from buying gift cards with SDM gift cards. I've done it plenty in the past and had no issues though

So PSN has stopped accepting my credit card, which I'm told is a delightful quirk of the service.

Do you guys know of any online Canadian retailer that sells PSN wallet codes without the need to ship out a physical card?

How long do they usually take? Ordered a 12 month EA Access card from them yesterday morning and I'm still waiting... site says up to 2 business days... seems slow.

It's slow but works, I had that BS happen to me too after having the same card on psn for years. It finally solved itself magically recently even though at the time even calling the bank had no effect on it.

Corey31

So PSN has stopped accepting my credit card, which I'm told is a delightful quirk of the service.

Do you guys know of any online Canadian retailer that sells PSN wallet codes without the need to ship out a physical card?

Costco.ca, even save a little bit as $20 codes are $19.49 and $50 codes are $48.99. Not much but it's something.

How long do they usually take? Ordered a 12 month EA Access card from them yesterday morning and I'm still waiting... site says up to 2 business days... seems slow.

I've ordered live, psn, and xbox money, none took more then 12 hours to arrive by email. The most recent, xbox $, was under 2 hours to arrive.

FYI. Traded in my Wii U at EB. $90. Bumped up to $103 with my Edge Onyx.

I just didn't care to hold on to it anymore despite having digital purchases.

Paid off my Xbox One X.

killroy87

FYI. Traded in my Wii U at EB. $90. Bumped up to $103 with my Edge Onyx.

I just didn't care to hold on to it anymore despite having digital purchases.

Paid off my Xbox One X.

Bold move. I've never not regretted selling a console, it has 100% always bit me in the ass at some point, when I wanted to play something. I'll trade in games, but never get rid of a console.

Bold move. I've never not regretted selling a console, it has 100% always bit me in the ass at some point, when I wanted to play something. I'll trade in games, but never get rid of a console.

Yeah. That's usually the case for me but I feel like I have played everything I ever wanted to play on the thing. I traded in my Xbox 360 without regretting it as well. Helps that the Xbox One ended up having a pretty good BC library.

Sora_N

Seems crazy that they could stop you from buying gift cards with SDM gift cards. I've done it plenty in the past and had no issues though

Probably the increase in scams involving GCs. Few other places don't let you buy * cards with another GC.

I used to work there and we did it to buy transit passes with SDM gift cards. After I quit and tried to buy eShop cards with it, my excoworker said they don't let us do it anymore. YMMV?

If I need those cards I just go to Best Buy since I can get points on them at least.

Unless you have unlimited space, I don't blame him, the U is particularly bad as hardware (clunky gamepad), and the games are forgettable from a retro point of view IMO. Anything decent (mario 3D) will surely get ported to the Switch. Platinum basically announced Bayo ports on twitter without actually saying the words.

He made a good move.

Lol the Xbox One X trade in at EB deal disappeared.

Yeah I saw that today too and wanted to tweet Phil and EB to see if them (i.e. MS store) or EB itself were bringing in a better trade in promo closer to Nov.

What was it, like $200 flat even for an OG One and One S? And you have to be without console for 3 months. Paying $399 for an upgrade (admittedly, a significant one). At the very least they should meet us half way, at $300 trade + $299 payment. And in NOVEMBER. Not now.

When PUBG, comes out you know EB is going to sell boatloads of pre-owned OneS consoles. Also cuphead and that minecraft bundle.

F4r0_Atak

It shouldn't end until after launch.
Kinda retarded tbh.

Well... the promo wasn't exactly just for the Xbox One X. It was part of the trade-in promotions of August. That's it. Nothing special... -_-

If EB ever take pre-orders for the regular XB1X, they might have a new trade-in promotion for it. :p

etta

my hard graphic balls
Well... the promo wasn't exactly just for the Xbox One X. It was part of the trade-in promotions of August. That's it. Nothing special... -_-

If EB ever take pre-orders for the regular XB1X, they might have a new trade-in promotion for it. :p

Oh ya they ran out of pre-orders because for some reason Microsoft actually let that happen.
That makes sense I guess, no point in having a trade in deal if you can't pre-order it.

F4r0_Atak

Oh ya they ran out of pre-orders because for some reason Microsoft actually let that happen.
That makes sense I guess, no point in having a trade in deal if you can't pre-order it.

Well.... for the XB1X they did say that it would open pre-orders for a limited edition SKU.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Well.... for the XB1X they did say that it would open pre-orders for a limited edition SKU.
Yea that's fine but they should’ve had the standard edition available as soon as the Scorpio one sold out. Like, they need every sale they can get, and they just keep not giving a shit.

baconcow

That EB trade-in deal was terrible if you have a 1 TB Xbox One S. Getting $200 for a 500 GB Xbox One OG is good, but makes the 1 TB S seem far inferior. Hope they put up a more sensible trade-in offer.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Yea that's fine but they should’ve had the standard edition available as soon as the Scorpio one sold out. Like, they need every sale they can get, and they just keep not giving a shit.

The concept of preorders has lost any sense of reliability and security it used to have. Preorders getting cancelled, not enough stock to fullfil all preorders, etc.

It used to be that preorders opened months in advance so publishers could gauge demand and adjust production as necessary.

Now its preorders opening weeks in advance for limited stuff with no way to adjust production accordingly (heres looking at you Nintendo)

Unless you have unlimited space, I don't blame him, the U is particularly bad as hardware (clunky gamepad), and the games are forgettable from a retro point of view IMO. Anything decent (mario 3D) will surely get ported to the Switch. Platinum basically announced Bayo ports on twitter without actually saying the words.

He made a good move.

Yeah I saw that today too and wanted to tweet Phil and EB to see if them (i.e. MS store) or EB itself were bringing in a better trade in promo closer to Nov.

What was it, like $200 flat even for an OG One and One S? And you have to be without console for 3 months. Paying $399 for an upgrade (admittedly, a significant one). At the very least they should meet us half way, at $300 trade + $299 payment. And in NOVEMBER. Not now.

When PUBG, comes out you know EB is going to sell boatloads of pre-owned OneS consoles. Also cuphead and that minecraft bundle.
I think 300$ for a used xbox eb would be losing money. They probably sell refurb units for 300$. Im afraid 200 will be the best we will see.

Can you not use PayPal?

The app doesn't give me the option to add it as a payment type (despite listing it as an option before clicking change payment method). That said, I've had two friends go through hell with Sony after PayPal conflicts so I'm not interested.

Thanks for both these recommendations!!!

Costco.ca, even save a little bit as $20 codes are $19.49 and $50 codes are $48.99. Not much but it's something.

Just a quick update for both those who didn't know we have a Discord Server now, as well as those who haven't visited us on it in a bit:

We are now searching for additional Moderators!

Discord Server Link:
Moderator Application Form:

(Quote this post to reveal Links)

Current Discord Features:
  • Custom, User-set Notifications (Divided by Console/Theme/Hunt)
  • Provincial Rank/Role notifications (For retail store offerings in your area)
  • Full mobile support & push notifications.
Upcoming Discord Features:
  • Landing/Welcome Page with Detailed FAQ
  • 5-Minute Member Delay & Auto-Role
  • Additional Ranks, Roles & Hunts.
As usual, if anyone has any suggestions or feedback, please contact us through discord or reply to this post.

Please remember to read the rules & updates in #server-announcements before posting & discussing deals on the server.

Mikey Jr.

Ummm, so Amazon is showing me Destiny 2 estimated release dates as

"Delivery estimate: Friday, September 15, 2017 - Thursday, September 21, 2017 by 8:00pm"

They're just fucking with me, right? Considering I live 20 minutes away, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom