• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

Supply has basically been caught up for a while now, talking to eb in my local area they keep them in stock fairly regularly.
Pretty much.
A big thing Nintendo was also doing was holding onto stock and not sending them to retailers until MK8D, ARMS, and Splatoon 2's launches. Fortunately that seems to finally be done.

Ondore

Just refreshed the SNES Classic page on Amazon and noticed third party sellers on it. Damn near had a heart attack before seeing this thread didn't light up like a Christmas tree.

shira

Just refreshed the SNES Classic page on Amazon and noticed third party sellers on it. Damn near had a heart attack before seeing this thread didn't light up like a Christmas tree.
$500 SNES classic from Korea, new seller.

Seemslegit

chrono01

You know it's bad when third-party sellers beat Amazon to the listing.

Are they even going to have pre-orders? Did anyone try contact CS to see? The longer it goes without it being available leads me to believe that it'll just be listed the moment it's released, but I'd still like some confirmation just so I can be put out of my misery.

ahdurian

just saw that too and instantly came here since i didn't receive an e-mail alerts
oh god

can you buy PSN cards at shoppers with SDM Points? if not is there a way around that? :D

I think the only gift card you can redeem SDM points for is SDM gift cards which if true you could then redeem for SDM gift cards and then use those SDM gift cards to buy PSN cards

Just a heads up, BB have the PS4 controllers on sale at $50. Bought them at $60 last month after trading my old ones at EB during their $50 trade promo. For those who did that, there's a 30 day price guarantee, so will end up replacing them basically for free.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Are they even going to have pre-orders? Did anyone try contact CS to see?
It doesn't matter what they would say because they don't have any real information. That's the one good thing about BBYTerence from BB, he's honest that he has no info when asked questions.

Sora_N

I think the only gift card you can redeem SDM points for is SDM gift cards which if true you could then redeem for SDM gift cards and then use those SDM gift cards to buy PSN cards

I don't think you can redeem points for any gift cards.

Also you aren't allowed to use gift cards to pay for other cards anyways. YMMV if the cashier does it for you though.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Nex Machina is on sale on PSN for 40% off. I'm here to tell you that its effing amazing. If you're even remotely a fan of twinstick shooters, this game's a must have.

Best twinstick shooter since Geometry Wars 2.

Prey trades in at EB for $25, $50 after the double trade in (obviously). That was more than I paid for it and more than it's going for right now.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Prey trades in at EB for $25, $50 after the double trade in (obviously). That was more than I paid for it and more than it's going for right now.

Thanks for posting.

Looks like I'll have to finish Prey sooner rather than later before the promo ends or before the trade value drops.

MrFlooD

I don't think you can redeem points for any gift cards.

Also you aren't allowed to use gift cards to pay for other cards anyways. YMMV if the cashier does it for you though.

Depends the store. I have bought PSN and Xbox cards at bestbuy with gift cards many times.

Bronetta

Depends the store. I have bought PSN and Xbox cards at bestbuy with gift cards many times.

Redeeming points is different from using gift card.

I doubt you can redeem Optimum points towards Shoppers gift cards either.

Just a heads up, BB have the PS4 controllers on sale at $50. Bought them at $60 last month after trading my old ones at EB during their $50 trade promo. For those who did that, there's a 30 day price guarantee, so will end up replacing them basically for free.

I snagged the two limited edition gears 4 xbox one controllers to use on our PCs lol, I've been using our PS4 controllers but finally will have matching button prompts xD

superbad

Nex Machina is on sale on PSN for 40% off. I'm here to tell you that its effing amazing. If you're even remotely a fan of twinstick shooters, this game's a must have.

Best twinstick shooter since Geometry Wars 2.

Yup, agreed. I still prefer this to Housemarq's newer release, Matterfall.

superbad

I ordered a set of yellow Joy-Cons from Best Buy this morning, but can't really justify buying them, and I can no longer cancel the order.

Is there anyone here from Niagara that would be interested in these at cost once they show up next week?

I ordered a set of yellow Joy-Cons from Best Buy this morning, but can't really justify buying them, and I can no longer cancel the order.

Is there anyone here from Niagara that would be interested in these at cost once they show up next week?

you can return to store or by mail

Got one of those double credit coupons at EB Games. Didn't have to buy anything, they were just sitting on the counter so I took one.

You don't need the coupons. You can just go to the counter and trade in your game for double credit. Until October 1. Two games per EB Card account. However, they said you can get away with doing more. Just wait at least one week after your first trade ins. Because they apparently do monitor for people abusing it since it's meant as two games per person.

Some current trade in values:
Agents of Mayhem: $70
Prey: $50
Crash Bandicoot: $38
Dishonored 2: $28
Infamous: $16 (free on PS+ next month)

Bronetta

Yup, agreed. I still prefer this to Housemarq's newer release, Matterfall.

Based on reviews, most people think Nex Machina is better.

Matterfall seems to suffer from lack of content and weaker game mechanics.

But they're so pretty @_@

Reich

I preordered Destiny 2 at Walmart for 49$ but i did'nt login to do it.

I have my # order and i received my beta code this summer. How can i track the order status without login in?

Edit. Just found out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom