• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Holy hell, I ordered the P5 TYH Edition from BestBuy just 9 hours ago and it came just now:

I choose the $13 next day delivery option but did not expect same day delivery instead. I was totally convinced it was coming tomorrow since it said just that but wow...go BB.
dhMeAzK.gif

I didn't even get sent a tracking # rofl what a beautiful surprise after dealing with Amazon's shit.
That's pretty damn impressive.

My copy of P5 TYH just shipped this evening, will be here a day late, like I was telling them.

They've pre-emptively credited me $5, so there's that, I guess.

Holy hell, I ordered the P5 TYH Edition from BestBuy just 9 hours ago and it came just now:

I choose the $13 next day delivery option but did not expect same day delivery instead. I was totally convinced it was coming tomorrow since it said just that but wow...go BB.
dhMeAzK.gif

I didn't even get sent a tracking # rofl what a beautiful surprise after dealing with Amazon's shit.

Damn that's great to hear!

ohlawd

wtf this TYH box is bigger than I expected

I gotta lug this shit around when I sell it? D:

like console boxes are bigger but they're the right type of big. this is awkwardly big

Harusame

Picked up Persona 5 TYH Edition from Ebgames. But yeah I agree, the box is definitely larger than expected. I was also able to get a free Lego City Undercover poster as well. I have slowly accumulated a number of game related posters due to the staff at my ebgames giving me the free swag and posters that are pre-order bonuses (only if there are extras).

farisr

Can anyone here recommend Best Buy's GCU? Getting tired of using Amazon.
I don't think anybody in here would be talking about Amazon Prime discounts and shipping if GCU was a thing in Canada.

Seems like the way better deal, especially since it applies across every game (new and old releases, and sale prices) and gives you an additional $10 in reward certificates for preorders on top of the 20% off.

Sigh...

Moltenix

Is that TRU baby code still working for games?

Wouldn't mind getting MK8D if so. Then I can swap my EB preorder for something else.

Ventara

wtf this TYH box is bigger than I expected

I gotta lug this shit around when I sell it? D:

like console boxes are bigger but they're the right type of big. this is awkwardly big

Wait, is the TYH edition supposed to be worth something in the future? I got one from EB shipped to me that I completely forgot about and was planning to return it, but if I can play the game and sell it 6 months from now at MSRP that would be great.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't think anybody in here would be talking about Amazon Prime discounts and shipping if GCU was a thing in Canada.

Seems like the way better deal, especially since it applies across every game (new and old releases, and sale prices) and gives you an additional $10 in reward certificates for preorders on top of the 20% off.

Sigh...
You'll take your reward certificates and love it!

Wait, is the TYH edition supposed to be worth something in the future? I got one from EB shipped to me that I completely forgot about and was planning to return it, but if I can play the game and sell it 6 months from now at MSRP that would be great.
People are scalping it for twice the price, but who knows? With video game stuff you gamble I guess. lol

BonnaPooah

Neo Member

Sigh...

That's really unfortunate...BB dealing with Canada Post instead of Intelcom makes this even more painful.

ohlawd

it has more value if you don't open it to begin with

I'm just gonna look at craigslist and dump it there for $10 lower from the average

Ventara

Hmm, yeah, I think I'll just return my TYH edition. I don't see this being that rare, and I told myself I would stop collecting games. Will just stick to my PS3 copy to play it.

Edit: Just noticed the TYH edition is available on Amazon with the Prime discount, though it'll only ship next week.

13randO

Wish they had lower free shipping. Ordered 2 just because I had no idea what else to buy.

You could do the pick up at a post office option and they will ship it there for free. There's a Shoppers close to where I live so I usually just ship stuff from walmart.ca there.

Christ Amazon sucks... They charged me 4.59$ more than what's on the receipt for my original TYO order. Guy on the phone says "Well, it says estimated taxes on your original order e-mail". Dude, can you imagine the raise my government would have needed to do since January to add 4.59$ in taxes on a 87.99$ item!

He won't look into it more until it ships to not mess with the queue (that we don't know if it exists or not). I will need to call back, it's the 6th order in a row where I have to call. I blamed other orders on E3 promo being screwy but this is a normal 20% off from Prime. It's just a few bucks here and there but they total like 35$ just from the past 3 weeks.

Yeah. And my dock was curved on top of it. Called Nintendo and asked for a repair/replacement. Can't see myself dealing with it for the next 3-4 years or so.

Did they say if there was any harm beyond annoyance? I just dont want the added thickness to have any impact (like maybe heat warping the screen or something).

Did they say if there was any harm beyond annoyance? I just dont want the added thickness to have any impact (like maybe heat warping the screen or something).

Nah, no mention of that. Only asked if it scratched the screen. She didn't seem to be that aware with the reported issues though.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Christ Amazon sucks... They charged me 4.59$ more than what's on the receipt for my original TYO order. Guy on the phone says "Well, it says estimated taxes on your original order e-mail". Dude, can you imagine the raise my government would have needed to do since January to add 4.59$ in taxes on a 87.99$ item!

He won't look into it more until it ships to not mess with the queue (that we don't know if it exists or not). I will need to call back, it's the 6th order in a row where I have to call. I blamed other orders on E3 promo being screwy but this is a normal 20% off from Prime. It's just a few bucks here and there but they total like 35$ just from the past 3 weeks.

Amazon is constantly fucking up my 20% off Prime discount. I always get it to work, but only after contacting a CSR. It's barely worth the hassle at this point. I don't see myself renewing Prime.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'll renew Prime either. It just feels like I'm giving Amazon money to give us worse and worse service because they know they can get away with it. It's still handy to get discounts on games outside of E3, though; that'll be hard to give up, especially since Yakuza 0 was one of them this year.

In general what this has all meant is that I give less business to Amazon than in years prior (aka the good E3 years), but I don't know if that really matters to them. At least it makes it easier for me not to spend money!

Lizardus

I hope EB has a decent trade-in promo, I am gonna be looking to trade my XBONE S for a Sorpio.

Any estimate on price? Can it be more than $500 CAD?

explodet

Just wondering, anyone having trouble logging onto the Best Buy rewardzone site?
I was unable to log in for a little bit. There was a phone number that was displayed on the login error page, I had to call that and talk to a CSR to help get it fixed. Didn't take long, and now I can login again.

baconcow

Is that TRU baby code still working for games?

Wouldn't mind getting MK8D if so. Then I can swap my EB preorder for something else.

I received a confirmation email for my MK8D order. Didn't even notice the baby part until late in the order placing process.

TYH out for delivery from Best Buy. Sorry Amazon, I would rather pay the extra $20 than deal with your unreliable service.

Porkepik

I hope EB has a decent trade-in promo, I am gonna be looking to trade my XBONE S for a Sorpio.

Any estimate on price? Can it be more than $500 CAD?
I m guessing 600-650. Lowest would be 540 like a ps4pro if scorpio is 399 in the US..... and I think it will be 499

I'm expecting the same thing and I'm having a REALLY hard time trying to justify that eventual purchase.

I barely use my XB1 but I still want the latest thing...

Sounds like the system to play multiplatform games on if you're all about power. I have a PC but honestly I prefer gaming on console. We will see.

Porkepik

PS4P is 499.99. You are mistaking it with PSVR
Oups you are right, 399 psvr . Bought psvr and ps4pro at the same time and I guess my old brain has a hard time remembering right
I was set on buying a scorpio to replace my launch refurb xb1 but it will depend a lot on tomorrow presentation . Already have a Ps4p and just 1080p tv and 1080p projector. It will depend on 1080p advantages. I m a sucker for new shiny things though.

I'm expecting the same thing and I'm having a REALLY hard time trying to justify that eventual purchase.

I barely use my XB1 but I still want the latest thing...

It's a bit easier to sell myself on since the XB1 gets the most use out of my consoles but I went through the exact same line of thinking when the PS4 Pro released. It's always tempting to jump on the newest thing.

I had upgraded my launch XB1 to an S last year from that $11.50 EB deal with the intent of getting a better value for the console to put towards Scorpio. After all the 2x/$10 credit deals though I now have a large amount of credit tied up in preorders that I'm planning on switching to the Scorpio when the time comes. Depending on what I have to pay I'll probably keep the S around for LAN events; it's always good to have extra.

kevin1025

Banned
Yeah I'm expecting at least $600 CAD here.

$500 is the imaginary line for me. I can't justify anything higher than that. PS4 Pro hit that line, and I was iffy on that even with all of the great games and selling my PS4 to halve the cost.

For Xbox, their Play Anywhere has rendered the One fairly useless for me personally, and if they only have 2-3 games a year like they have had for the past four holiday seasons, and an incredibly dry 8 months outside of that, $600 CDN sounds insane.

...until Forza Horizon 4, that will be a tough one to ignore, haha. But I could pick up a new motherboard and CPU for less and be good to go on that, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom