• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

I fucked it up. There was a piece of dust on one side, lifted the protector to get the dust out, now that corner of the protector wont stick to the screen. Thats just great, might as well go ahead and fuck up the second one too.

Waiting weeks only to fuck it up in seconds. Good luck on the second one. I suck at those things too.

antibolo

Banned
I haven't installed my screen protector yet even though I really should, my bezels have been getting some more scratches since the first ones I noticed.

I just really hate putting on those things.

krae_man

Did everyone who got their Toysrus order cancelled have a PSN/Xbox card in their order?

I haven't got a cancellation email uet and I just had Mario Kart 8 in my order.

Sealtest

guessing just the people who bought the xbox or psn credit is getting cancellations, My Mario kart seems to be fine.

I haven't installed my screen protector yet even though I really should, my bezels have been getting some more scratches since the first ones I noticed.

I just really hate putting on those things.

The key is using a card to run it along smoothly but slow at the same time. they go in the same direction forcing out the odd remaining air bubble or two closest to the edges and you're good to go.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Waiting weeks only to fuck it up in seconds. Good luck on the second one. I suck at those things too.

Second one went on perfectly without any dust or air bubbles.

Second times the charm eh

Got 2 TYH P5s by accident. I had no idea the thing was so big... going to be awkward returning the Best Buy one.

Funny when I got my box from amazon I thought that was large but when I opened up the box, was surprised by how small the TYH really was, I mean it's long for sure but I kinda thought it'd be a taller/deeper box I guess I forgot that the morgana plush was going to be itty bitty.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Funny when I got my box from amazon I thought that was large but when I opened up the box, was surprised by how small the TYH really was, I mean it's long for sure but I kinda thought it'd be a taller/deeper box I guess I forgot that the morgana plush was going to be itty bitty.
Hah, is it all just packaging? That's not too bad at least.

Socreges

Banned
Tempted to get MK8 at that price but I've already got it on Wii U and haven't touched it in months...Not sure the new features are enough to change that.

grego9198

My P5 TYH came in from Amazon. Edge got a little damaged but I can live with it. I originally had it preordered from Best Buy on PS3 way back when it was announced before the PS4 came out. I ended up cancelling that order.

Digging the steelbook:
6He1Ipa.jpg

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
4 player MK8 on the go tho

4player on a 6 inch screen? Everybody gets 1.5 inch screen space to themselves!

Im prolly gonna move my MK8D preorder to Splatoon 2 or something. Couldnt care less about battle mode.

krae_man

Tempted to get MK8 at that price but I've already got it on Wii U and haven't touched it in months...Not sure the new features are enough to change that.

Why didn't you trade it into EB for $50 when they had the double trade credit promo?

Could have had MK8 Switch for $30.

Bronetta

ORZLY 15% Discount Code:
ORZ15NSW

Got this with my screen protectors but dont need it. Might be a generic code.

Socreges

Banned
Why didn't you trade it into EB for $50 when they had the double trade credit promo?

Could have had MK8 Switch for $30.
Same reason I'm hesitating now. I can still sell it used online for $40.

I went ahead and bought it right after my post above. Hopefully my WiiU copy is easy to unload at $40

See, all we needed was one good deal and suddenly the last two pages are 90% deal talk, practically no shipping talk.

I'm also on the fence re: MK8, I have a Wii U copy and I haven't even cracked it open yet. If Splatoon 2 was up, I'd at least get that, since I skipped the first one.

espher

TRU is absolutely more than willing to cancel shit in my experience, so I'd hold off on canceling other orders until we know they're gonna honour those orders. :p

Same thoughts I had when mine came in this morning. Can't wait to get home and open this thing up..

DVCY201

Awesome. Getting MK8 for $57 is way better. Gonna move credit to something else. Technically, I got $50 from the EB Trade-In, so MK8 for $7

Anyone have their regular Persona 5 order stuck on "Preparing for Shipment" on Amazon? (it's been like that for a few days)

It says Arriving 13 Apr - 19 Apr
I'm still hoping it would magically get updated to Shipped, and have it delivered the following day.

What should I do? It can't possibly take them that long to deliver the game, right?

I ordered 2 25 dollar xbox live codes an hour ago and just got them delivered to my email.
I was expecting the order to be cancelled so I was quite surprised.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Dam I was about to make a shit load of preorders lol. Now I gotta pick which game I wanna use it on.
I made one with my account for an in-store pickup then I made another after logging out and putting a period in the middle of my gmail address for MK8D without problem.

So I've got $70 in amazon gift credit thanks to rewards points from my bank. Was thinking of using it for some PSN credit. So I looked up psn cards on amazon...

why the fuck is a $50CDN PSN card listed at over $80?!

Nice, got a $50 XBL card for $25 thanks to the TRU deal. Thanks!

Too bad I already just bought a bunch of Xbox games recently since I'm new to the platform. This would have been golden a month ago. That said, I'm sure some games in the future will catch my eye too :)

Should I buy another $50 for $25?? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom